Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GoT Illiterate Season 4 finale *HAVE NOT READ THE BOOKS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

Can someone please explain the significance of the coin that Arya gave to the Captain of the ship?

Also did Jamie defintely say it was Varys waiting for him, I was sure Jamie was setting him up to be killed?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Shane St. wrote: »
    Why didnt Ayra finish off the hound rather than let him suffer

She'd built a strong bond with him and despite having him on her list did'nt have the heart to do it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Couldn't wrap my head around this at all. If Stannis can get thousands of horsemen around the wall, why can wildlings manage it whenever they feel like it?

Stannis has ships - he sailed from Braavos/Essos and landed north of The Wall.
    Why was he up there anyway?

He had a vision of a great battle in the snow. Melisandre told him that the true war lies to the north.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Can't believe The Hound turned out to be so crap. Especially once the fight turned dirty I was sure he'd have yer wan's neck handy enough like.
    How did the ancient Targaryans control their dragons? Were they wargs too?
    One thing I missed, what was the coin thing Arya showed to the ship's captain?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Can someone please explain the significance of the coin that Arya gave to the Captain of the ship?

Also did Jamie defintely say it was Varys waiting for him, I was sure Jamie was setting him up to be killed?

Thanks in advance.

Jaqen H'ghar gave it to her and told her that if she ever wanted to get to Braavos just give it to any Bravosi and say Valar Morguhulis.

Also yeah he definitely said Varys don't see why Jamie would want his brother whom he loves killed?!

• Advertisement

From earlier in the thread:
    Al Capwned wrote: »
    Morghulis.PNG

seligehgit wrote: »
    She'd built a strong bond with him and despite having him on her list did'nt have the heart to do it...
    I actually thought it was the opposite, and she hated him more than ever and refused to put him out of his misery.
    Was I the only person who thought the Hound/Brienne fight was all light hearted and might end up rom-com at the start? I honestly wasn't expecting them to actually try to kill each other at all under the rocks and daggers came into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Can't believe The Hound turned out to be so crap. Especially once the fight turned dirty I was sure he'd have yer wan's neck handy enough like.
    How did the ancient Targaryans control their dragons? Were they wargs too?

They most likly didnt, they dont seem like a bunch of care about a few fried peasants.

Gadgie wrote: »
    Ah right, I'd forgotten my rip off elvish! Ta!

Jaqen H'ghar gave it to her and told her that if she ever wanted to get to Braavos just give it to any Bravosi and say Valar Morguhulis.

Also yeah he definitely said Varys don't see why Jamie would want his brother whom he loves killed?!

I thought Jamie may have turned after himself and his sister got it on earlier in the episode.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Thank you

He had a vision of a great battle in the snow. Melisandre told him that the true war lies to the north.
    That still leaves the real reason a bit cryptic but the red woman works in mysterious ways.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

The knights watch also despatched all their crows warning of what's coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

O M F G!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Stannis and Davos went to Bravos (probably spelt those wrong) and convinced the iron bank to give them money. No idea why or how they got north of the wall though.

by boat

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭fearrua

Here, where the flip has Gendry Baratheon been this season?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Can someone confirm for me if John Snow knows about his brother and stepmother?

Can someone confirm for me if John Snow knows about his brother and stepmother?

He knows nothing.

But yes, he and Sam were discussing it in his first appearance this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

seligehgit wrote: »

No, I think it was because he said all those horrible things to her about raping Sansa, etc. He was trying to provoke her into killing him, but it backfired. After hearing him spout all that horrible stuff, she probably thought a slow and painful death was the best thing for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Funnyonion79

Loved loved loved that finale. It has left me completely satisfied but of course impatient for Season 5! Lots of loose ends tied up. Delighted Tyrion was set free and got his revenge on Tywin. Can't believe Shae - such a betrayal!

Defo think Bran will be able to control Dani's dragons and I think he's destined to become that old guy's replacement.

When that first skeleton hand popped up out of the ground, I nearly s**t myself! Great fight scene with them. Are they wights as well - part of the white walkers?

Brilliant fight scene with the Hound and Brienne. It was so realistic and they were so evenly matched. I was a bit shocked that Arya was so cold towards him and wouldn't kill him to put him out of his misery. I thought they'd developed a bond but I guess she's seen so many friends die and her family torn apart that she's numb now and for her own self-preservation, won't let herself feel anything for anyone any more. She trusts nobody - much like Sansa. The only people they can trust or rely on is themselves. Delighted Arya is off to Bravos - hope she meets up with J'haquen again.

I love the Hound's lines - he tells it how it is :)

Cersai will now control Kings Landing through Tommen and Jamie will be the Hand. Love Jamie - he's proven himself to be a true knight, honourable and valient, protecting his brother. He's one of my favourite characters.

Great finale - enjoyed every bit of it. Onto the books now I think!

• Advertisement

fearrua wrote: »

Still rowing...

fearrua wrote: »

Probably chillin on his boat still :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

I think it's becoming more apparent that Bran is special in some way. Is there a possibility that that loose dragon belonging to Daenarys could fall into his hands? His visions show an aerial view of what looks like King's Landing and the shadow of a dragon underneath, and the three-eyed raven said he'd never walk again but he'd fly. Might he inhabit the mind of that dragon?

Excellent hypothesis

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

Probably chillin on his boat still :pac:

Don't forget:
    Lancel Lannister (last seen Battle of Blackwater)
    The Blackfish (last seen Red Wedding)
    GreatJohn Umber (last seen... damn so long I can't remember)
    Sir Kevan Lannister (last seen at Harrenhal)

and last, but by no means least

Benjen Stark

Don't forget:

Benjen Stark

And Edmure Tully! Although you'd imagine he is still chilling in a dungeon with the Freys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Don't forget:

Benjen Stark

Who's Benjen Stark?? (I'm so bad with the minor characters!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Do you lads know what book to get to continue on from season 4? Can't wait a year for season 5, and by the way Tyrian is a cold ass mother5ucker

Who's Benjen Stark?? (I'm so bad with the minor characters!)

Jons uncle who was a ranger for the watch and went missing early in season 1! I assumed he was just dead tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

wprathead wrote: »
    I deffo felt for the hound, fact he said she was under "his protection" - and when Brienne said she was looking for Ayra and had an oath he didn't try and "sell" Ayra to her.. Ofcourse he then recognised Jamies sword and got paranoid she was there for the bounty on his head - but I like to think he fought to protect Ayra from someone he thoughts was with the Lannisters

I think he definately had grown fond of her in his own way and was pretty protective of her in the end.

Still have hopes that he somehow makes it. My favourite character:(

• Advertisement

Do you think when the old guy told Bran he was going to fly he means hes going to be dropped through the moon door? :pac:

Advertisement