Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,672 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Davie89 wrote: »
    Out of interest did anyone get stung for the extra 100 euro for the SIII. Third bill done and dusted and no sign of it :)

nope :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

My second bill was 35.50 and not 34.50. Anyone else have this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

TBi wrote: »
    My second bill was 35.50 and not 34.50. Anyone else have this?

Check did u ring any premium numbers, rang a get taxis on my last bill, 1890 numbers, cost me about 50 cent extra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Check did u ring any premium numbers, rang a get taxis on my last bill, 1890 numbers, cost me about 50 cent extra

Or make a phone call that lasted over an hour? They charge extra if it does.

Edit: Your bill should tell you exactly what made up the charges. Or go online and view your online statement for full details.

Pj! wrote: »
    Or make a phone call that lasted over an hour? They charge extra if it does..

Really,, thats good to know I didnt know that! Thanks :)

• Advertisement

Really,, thats good to know I didnt know that! Thanks :)

I have yet to find it stated on their website but customer care will confirm it. Sneaky!

I keep mentioning it in here to let people know.

There are apps you can get which will notify you when the hour is approaching in a call. They can also be set to hang up automatically at a set time period and even instantly redial automatically if you choose.
    Whatever suits but I think the notification setting at least is well worth having.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

This deal still going?

Spending €40 on credit a month, not really neccessary.

Give their sales team a ring Johann. Make sure it's sales and not customer care. Ring anyone but customer care.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Now that I actually have use for this deal it's over dammit :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Tesco have the same deal, but sim only.

• Advertisement

Random Question #2:

Is anyone using the 15Gb allowance?? Last month I think I just scratched the surface of 1Gb. I feel like im not getting my monies worth from emobile :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Maybe the Tesco deal would do you? 30 day contract but no upgrades of phones though..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Out of interest did anyone get stung for the extra 100 euro for the SIII. Third bill done and dusted and no sign of it :)
    Cyrus wrote: »
    nope :D

Maybe both of you could ring Emobile up and remind them (just in case they haven't seen your posts!) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Random Question #2:

Is anyone using the 15Gb allowance?? Last month I think I just scratched the surface of 1Gb. I feel like im not getting my monies worth from emobile :P

I used just over 9gb mainly through personal hotspot streaming tv & movies over wifi onto iPad in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

There's also the 48Months VIP offer if you don't use much data, or make a lot of landline calls.
    Unlimited mobile calls and texts, 20 mins landline calls and 3Gb data for €20: http://48months.ie/deal

I used just over 9gb mainly through personal hotspot streaming tv & movies over wifi onto iPad in work.

I want to work here,,,,,,,,,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I thought I read somewhere that the voucher is redeemable until end of Sep?

The voucher page is still online - http://offers.emobile.ie/voucher

Edit: Yup, extract from the T&C's:-

"...Eligible Customers must redeem their voucher code and complete their order no later than the 30 September 2012, the date on which the Promotion ends..."

Link - Select Unlimited €34.50 Promotion T&Cs

I thought I read somewhere that the voucher is redeemable until end of Sep?

The voucher page is still online - http://offers.emobile.ie/voucher

Edit: Yup, extract from the T&C's:-

"...Eligible Customers must redeem their voucher code and complete their order no later than the 30 September 2012, the date on which the Promotion ends..."

Link - Select Unlimited €34.50 Promotion T&Cs

Thanks I'll give it a go this evening :D

btw has anyone had any trouble with eMobile coverage around the country so far? must say I don't know a whole lot about them as a network but that offer is great

Thanks I'll give it a go this evening :D

btw has anyone had any trouble with eMobile coverage around the country so far? must say I don't know a whole lot about them as a network but that offer is great

They've been great in cork anyways. Mostly getting H+ on the data network, which I think I read somewhere is the best (could be corrected on this)

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

Apart from in my house, it's the best coverage I've had with any network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

No probs myself. Odd place is EDGE only, but always have a signal of some sort!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

antodeco wrote: »
    No probs myself. Odd place is EDGE only, but always have a signal of some sort!
    Don't Meteor (and emobile I presume) have an agreement with Vodafone where you go onto Vodafone signal where Meteor doesn't have any?

... I was sure they used to years ago so not sure if it's still in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

looder wrote: »
    Don't Meteor (and emobile I presume) have an agreement with Vodafone where you go onto Vodafone signal where Meteor doesn't have any?

... I was sure they used to years ago so not sure if it's still in place.

That's still in place but only west of the Shannon. Data is not guaranteed (by customer support here on boards). The maximum data speeds I've seen with them via Vodafone are GPRS. I've heard there's EDGE in some places but I haven't seen that myself.

Call quality is fine when roaming on Vodafone in the west.

Went to try this tonight and my account number doesn't work and their sales line is closed for the weekend dammit

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I haven't travelled a huge amount since switching to eMobile, but it's been excellent the places I have been. The 3G in particular - far better than Vodafone, who I was with before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

My voucher code says it's invalid....damn. Live eircom account etc.

Worth a shot ringing the sales folks? Did that work for anyone in the same situation?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Eoin wrote: »
    I haven't travelled a huge amount since switching to eMobile, but it's been excellent the places I have been. The 3G in particular - far better than Vodafone, who I was with before.

West of the Shannon isn't great, around counties Galway and mayo. Good in Westport and brilliant on achill:confused::D

On the Shannon itself it's not too bad. In Lanesborough tonight and it's ok.

Worth a shot ringing the sales folks? Did that work for anyone in the same situation?
    Yeah ring them and they should sort you out without hassle. If you aren't successful the first time just ring straight back and get someone else. Has worked for others.

A lot of people don't even get asked for their code.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭terencemc

So Pj!, you just ring up and ask for the 34.50 offer sounding as if you have the voucher?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 coldorator

I just tried to avail of this offer by calling sales and was told there was nothing on my account to let me have this. I tried the whole call back but it was the same girl who answered and still saying i couldnt avail of the offer.

Advertisement