Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

up 2lbs tonight as I weighed myself last week and appeared to be up 5!

have been messing around for the last couple of months. Have a communion in May and a sun holiday and I would love to be down a full stone at the very least.

im sitting here typing this and watching operation transformation. I am going to use the excercise routines that they have online.

Our leader said that we can stay on 29 or go to 26 if we wanted. its going to be tough, I havnt tracked in ages so now i have no choice and have to get my bum in gear!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 nicky chick

Im a gold member since I lost 2 stone in 2002 but finally went back 3 weeks before christmas. I was really surprised I had only put on half a stone in all those years, watching what you eat really does become a habit and when I know I am being BOLD!!:D I cut back. Stick with it, it really really is worth it when you reach your goal weight, you feel so proud of yourself, its like a new lease of life:)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

Micky chick, that's very encouraging! I got very close to goal( within 5lbs) last year before finding out I was pregnant. I think something just clicks in your brain, I only gained a small amount, and am now back on the wagon to lose the final stone and get to goal after a lot of years trying. Want to have half a stone off by mid Feb.

People have done really well over the Xmas break, great motivation to keep going! Here's to a good week!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭username2010

So I did WW around 2.5 years ago and was 13st and some pounds when I joined and lost 2 stone...I was delighted....

Since then, I've basically been eating and not exercising and am now a whopping 15st 2lbs....:mad:

But it's onwards and upwards from here. I'm doing WW online. Not quite as good as a meeting, but hopefully once I can keep the motivation and will power up, it'll work....

4st to lose....

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

username, you are really in the best place... this thread is a godsend.... whether its for tips or encouragement.

I went to my first class tonight... im at 12stone 6.5lbs goal is 9 stone 7lbs.... have given myself a good kick up the back side.... it has to be done this time...

I've been allocated 27 pro points a day... im looking forward to getting started properly in the morning....

Any other newbies??????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 givee

maggimay wrote: »
    hi all, have been following your posts over the past few months, I,m a gold member with about half a stone to get back to goal but have been messing before christmas up a lb here down same and so on but am back on track now and heading back to class tomorrow to face the music. is anyone else struggling with the same half stone that seems to be well stuck. anyway wish me luck for the weigh in and well done to everyone who actually had a good result i admire you guys
    im the exact same.gold member since 2007+but+constantly+battling+with+the+same+half+stone.i+met+my+old+leader-she+was+covering+my+new+class+and+she+said+i+should+reset+my+goal+weight+to+somewhere+in+between+so+i+set+it+two+pound+heavier+and+i+seem+to+be+able+to+maintain+at+that,even+over+christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Audi driver

went to ww tonight, first night back after xmas and I was deighted, lost 5 lbs over xmas!!! didnt think I did that well, so I have reached my 1st stone!! ecstatic! Hope I can continue to stay motivated! have a wedding in 6 weeks time abroad and I would love to be a half a stone lighter for it, hopefully I can achieve it!:-) best of luck to all newbies! x

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭dundalklad

Hey everyone. Been so long since I posted but been lurking a good while! I'm a gold member who has lst over five stone, always seem to be up and down with the same five or six pounds! Went off plan the week before Christmas and stuffed myself! Back on track as of yesterday and gained 3lb over Christmas so need to get that off. Had a barny with our local leader before Xmas so reusing to go back to the class so hopefully I can rely on ye guys for the support to get rid of that Xmas weight, drop around another half stone and then maintain. Using iwatchr which is awesome and also got a free app called daily weight trend to plot how I do each day as I can't help but pop on the scales first thing in the morn! Right that's my story, best of luck to everyone :):)

went to ww tonight, first night back after xmas and I was deighted, lost 5 lbs over xmas!!! didnt think I did that well, so I have reached my 1st stone!! ecstatic! Hope I can continue to stay motivated! have a wedding in 6 weeks time abroad and I would love to be a half a stone lighter for it, hopefully I can achieve it!:-) best of luck to all newbies! x

Jesus! that is amazing!!!! 5lbs over the Christmas break is amazing!!! I hope i can take a leaf out of your book.... i want a really good start for my first weigh in next week....

what have ya been doin????

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Audi driver

ali85 wrote: »
    Jesus! that is amazing!!!! 5lbs over the Christmas break is amazing!!! I hope i can take a leaf out of your book.... i want a really good start for my first weigh in next week....

what have ya been doin????

Thanks, ya Im thrilled! the hard work was worth it! I dont do anything different really, I swear by tracking everything though! write down everything u eat, also I recommend buying a ww recipe book, I have one and I def. think it has helped as Im not eating the same dinners all the time! I didnt exercise as much as I would have liked to over the christmas with the weather! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Hi All,

Join WW in the IFSC yesterday and am looking forward to the challenge, dropped nearly 3 stone on the old programme about 2 years ago and have put it all back on. The leader mentioned a propoints calculator app that’s available for smart phones. Can anyone tell me what it’s called and if you use it ? Best of luck in 2012 for anyone trying the plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

ryaner777 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Join WW in the IFSC yesterday and am looking forward to the challenge, dropped nearly 3 stone on the old programme about 2 years ago and have put it all back on. The leader mentioned a propoints calculator app that’s available for smart phones. Can anyone tell me what it’s called and if you use it ? Best of luck in 2012 for anyone trying the plan.

Sorry, I should have done a bit more research before posting but I found the app and it's called food value diary. its 79c but is a great tracker and calculator if like me you don't like carrying your folder or tracker everywhere with you.

Hope it's a help for someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

foundry wrote: »
    LinK3 wrote: »
    I was up 2 at my post Christmas weigh in this morning!! Not bad considering I missed the last week before Xmas!! 2 pounds is doable.....looking forward now to the next few weeks, hoping to lose the 2 and a few more for good measure.. 13 weeks to valentines!!!! I can do 7 pounds by then... Looking forward to the new changes in the program too..

What are the changes link3?

Well anyone that was on 29 points and were finding they had 3-4 left over each evening now have the option of 26 per day.. The weeklies of 49 stay the same.. It cuts out the habit of using up the last few each evening with a sweet treat... Also the healthy filling part of the program that people could do for a week if they wanted can now be done for a day or two days or whatever suits each person.. I'd loved to have done that but like most people I couldn't commit to a full week so the odd day would suit me.. It's supposed to be brilliant for kickstarting a great loss...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Well Christmas is well and truly over, had my weigh in and lost 1.5lb!! :D

Also made the lasagne from the new WW Cookbook, I am making some cooking videos for their official ww youtube channel! It was amazing!!

img1052p.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Nice blog!

You're really pretty btw.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Nice blog!

You're really pretty btw.

Thanks, Losing 50lb has definitely helped! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Jwacqui wrote: »

50lbs?! Well done! That's an amazing achievement!!

ShindyB wrote: »
    50lbs?! Well done! That's an amazing achievement!!

Yeah its taken me a while, hasn't been overnight but I'll get there! Was over 17stone, I'm now 13st 7. Another 3stone to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Just saw that next week the Daily Mail are doing a weight watchers special each day
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2082324/Weight-Watchers-diet-PROOF-lose-weight-eating-food-love.html

Recipes from celeb chefs so could be really good. Love cooking and collecting as many WW recipes as possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Number44

Hi, Dunnes are doing a special on this sauce at the moment and of all the sauces, this looks the less fattening. I am going to add it to a basic beef stock with veg, lentils, tin of Tesco Taco mixed beans, tin WW tomato soup & a tin tomatoes to give it a kick. Its a huge saucepan of soup. Anyone got any idea on points for the sauce?

• Advertisement

Dundalklad why dont you just go to another class if you dont get along with your leader I really think you need to go to the weigh ins and meeting because if you know each week you have to be weighed you will be more inclined to stick to your diet If your not going to your classes 1lb gained could lead to another, lead to another, lead to another and before you know it theres a stone gained. Just my opinion anyway, it worked for me. Good Luck!

Im on 27 pro points a day and I have only used 18 so far today... planning on having a snack but at this rate i could have another 2 meals.... am i doing something wrong?????

they do recommend you use all your points, Im not 100% sure but I think its something to do with your metabolism, correct me please if Im wrong:)

I just had some beans on toast.... just to use up a few more....

I haven't used the Pro Points system before so hopefully I will get the hang of it soon!!! :P

How are the other newbies getting on????

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Hi all, just wondering has anyone got a recipe for spaghetti bolognaise?? As little points as possible. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭username2010

ali85 wrote: »
    username, you are really in the best place... this thread is a godsend.... whether its for tips or encouragement.

I went to my first class tonight... im at 12stone 6.5lbs goal is 9 stone 7lbs.... have given myself a good kick up the back side.... it has to be done this time...

I've been allocated 27 pro points a day... im looking forward to getting started properly in the morning....

Any other newbies??????

Cheers Ali85!
    Stuck to my Propoints allowance today anyway, and went to the gym....Challenge comes this weekend. Out for dinner tomorrow night, and at a friend's house for dinner on Saturday....I'll be all about the 0 points food the rest of the day....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭dundalklad

Dundalklad why dont you just go to another class if you dont get along with your leader I really think you need to go to the weigh ins and meeting because if you know each week you have to be weighed you will be more inclined to stick to your diet If your not going to your classes 1lb gained could lead to another, lead to another, lead to another and before you know it theres a stone gained. Just my opinion anyway, it worked for me. Good Luck!

Hey unfortunately the same leader does ALL the classes in Dundalk!!! I'm pretty stict with myself so not too worried but thanks a million for your concern :D:):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

dundalklad wrote: »
    Hey unfortunately the same leader does ALL the classes in Dundalk!!! I'm pretty stict with myself so not too worried but thanks a million for your concern :D:):D

I've decided to go it alone as my weight fluctuated a lot last year and it was a lot of money wasted. Two things help me stay on track; I come on here for support and if I have any questions I ask them here. I also tell my mum what I gain or lose so that way I have someone who I'm accountable to like a leader. It means there's less chance I'm going to cheat. My mum also supports me so that's an added bonus. Good luck with you weight loss :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Jwacqui wrote: »

I was watching your videos before I joined. Sounds so cheesy but you kind of inspired me to join :o

• Advertisement

lizt wrote: »
    I was watching your videos before I joined. Sounds so cheesy but you kind of inspired me to join :o

That doesn't sound cheesy at all, that inspires me to keep myself motivated and encourages me to finally get to where I want to be and finish what I started :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement