Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staying in a hostel dorm room after a long haul flight?

• 30-09-2014 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm flying to Tokyo in a few weeks time and I'm considering my accommodation for once I get there.

I'll be in Tokyo for 4 nights and I've booked a hostel in the Asakusa area for the last 3 of those. My plan was to book a hotel for the first night because of jetlag but decent hotels in the centre of Tokyo are really pricey.

I'm now considering a dorm room or one of those capsule hotels. These sound like a horrible idea after a long haul flight, but I do have the ability to pretty much sleep anywhere and have never had problems sleeping in hostels in Europe so maybe not ridiculous to think I might get a good nights sleep.

What do people think - good idea or bad? Would like to know what other boardies do when they go on a budget backpacking trip.

Random question I know but any feedback would be cool,

Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

I stayed in plenty of capsule 'hotels' after long haul flights and they were perfect. Get in, have quick shower, konk out in the capsule. Not quite as nice obviously as a full hotel but once your asleep you don't notice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭lc180

Vuzuggu wrote:
    I stayed in plenty of capsule 'hotels' after long haul flights and they were perfect. Get in, have quick shower, konk out in the capsule. Not quite as nice obviously as a full hotel but once your asleep you don't notice

good to hear, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭wicorthered

What about a private room in a hostel? Cheaper than a hotel and should still be just as easy to get a good nights sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭lc180

What about a private room in a hostel? Cheaper than a hotel and should still be just as easy to get a good nights sleep!

cheers but single private rooms in hostels are surprisingly price too! But I'll keep an eye out. Thanks

Advertisement