Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever meet any GOT actors ?

• 19-08-2014 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,453 ✭✭✭✭

I was in Dublin city on Saturday night and bumped into Liam Cunningham (Davos ) in the Grafton Lounge of all places,
    He was really sound and down to earth and didn't mind having a chat at all, actullay seemed to enjoy it , He even asked me if id like a picture,
    So just wondering has anyone meet any other of the actor's and what where they like ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Friend of mine used to live on the same street as Aiden Gillen (Littlefinger)
    Sound enough chap seemingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Sam Tarly, briefly. Also have some friends who were extras ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Rory McCann, The Hound, he's sound as a pound!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

I was an extra, met loads of them. Had to turn down a fair amount of stuff this year, I could've met everyone!! Sad times

• Registered Users Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭maximoose

Saw Aidan Gillen strolling around the Electric Picnic arena with his kid 2 years ago, didn't want to bother him too much but got a wave out of him!

Awful, awful actor but seems like a nice guy by all accounts :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭House of Blaze

My brother and his mates met yer man bron in the workmans one night.

Sickened I wasn't out with them at the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Missed Ciaran Hinds (Mance Rayder) in Govinda's restaurant middle Abbey st by seconds yesterday. I got up and left and my sister was still there and said he got up from further inside the restaurant and left straight after me!

Wouldn't usually be one for bothering people on the street but probably would have asked for a pic anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,453 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

maybe he's follwoing you :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Also met Mance last week at a play in the Olympia.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

not personally but a mate met aiden gillen in a chipper and said he was sound

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭Barna77

Talked to Aiden Gillen couple of years ago in the tall ships thing in Dublin. Sound guy yeah, he was overwhelmed by all the attention he was getting. So he said.

That and walking into Jack Gleeson a few times, Jerome Flynn and Michael McElhatton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Also met Mance last week at a play in the Olympia.

Did you talk to him? I remember seeing an interview or an article or something about him before and he said he'd only ever been noticed as Mance Rayder's actor in public once when he was in some airport (Dublin I think). :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Sean Bean, Aiden Gillen, Liam Cunningham off the top of my head, might have met another one or two but not sure right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

I don't even wanna talk about it.

...alright then. Over the summer I was facilitating street theatre workshops in the centre of Belfast. One lunch time my pupils were in the cafe directly across the road when someone said "Hey, look at these eedjits doing selfies!" I went to the window for a look and they were with Nikolaj Coster-Waldau! I ran downstairs as fast as I could but he'd already been bundled into a cab and sent away.

Here's one of their pics:

YJanzpI.jpg

Shortly afterwards we were all dressed up and heading into town to do our thing. I'd been helping everyone else get sorted and locking up the rehearsal space so I was lagging behind and making adjustments to my costume when everyone started yelling to me "Hey, did you see the wilding leader fella? He was right beside you staring at you!" Kristofer Hivju, Tormund Giantsbane.

Goddammit.

I tried to keep my eyes open after that but saw no one else.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭fungie

I met Hodor.

HODOR!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I passed by Jack Gleeson on the quays one night while heading out to town. Another night I was heading in to a gig in the Academy and passed a girl who made me turn my head, thinking "I know her from somewhere". Low and behold it was Natalie Dormer. She had a hood over her head and I was stood there sorta looking straight at her for a second, heart skipped a beat moment. Don't know why I didn't say hello. Oh yes, I remember, I left my balls at home that night. D'oh!

I bumped into Aidan Gillen at Electric Picnic before. Got a pic with him.

7922478928_9bc8d89d28_c.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

I was in Dublin city on Saturday night and bumped into Liam Cunningham (Davos ) in the Grafton Lounge of all places,
    He was really sound and down to earth and didn't mind having a chat at all, actullay seemed to enjoy it , He even asked me if id like a picture,
    So just wondering has anyone meet any other of the actor's and what where they like ?

Passed Liam on street in Grafton street but didn't approach him.
    One of my greatest regrets

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Seen Jack Gleeson playing 7 a side with some of his friends in Dublin about 2 years ago. I shouted "Winter is coming Jack" and he looked over in annoyance :(

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Seen Liam Cunningham in town having a few pints with a small group that inc Eddie Jordan, just before Xmas. Forget the name of the pub but it was just off Grafton St

• Registered Users Posts: 20,453 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Seen Liam Cunningham in town having a few pints with a small group that inc Eddie Jordan, just before Xmas. Forget the name of the pub but it was just off Grafton St

Was it the Grafton lounge ? Bumped into him in there last September

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

No, it was on duke st. Think it was Davy Byrnes. Only stayed there for a pint

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Met Jack Gleeson twice - once in Stillorgan shopping centre and once at The Pav in Trinity. Lovely guy, but came across as a quite shy.

And I met Jerome Flynn walking down Grafton Street there one night last summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Passed by Jack Gleeson a few times too but that's it. My boyfriend was an extra on the Tudors and met most of the cast, and got a few pics with Natalie Dormer. He saw her again about a year ago and she remembered his name and all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

rawn wrote: »
    Passed by Jack Gleeson a few times too but that's it. My boyfriend was an extra on the Tudors and met most of the cast, and got a few pics with Natalie Dormer. He saw her again about a year ago and she remembered his name and all :D

now that's what I call lucky :D

Advertisement