Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ESTA holiday visa

• 30-05-2013 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Its my first time travelling to the USA and i applied for the ESTA holiday visa a few weeks ago and printed off my approval but they never emailed me? are they supposed to email you about approval? or is the sheet i printed off after payment all i need to show?
    Tagged:

Comments

You don't show anything. It will come up on their system that you have been approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 yep_

You don't show anything. It will come up on their system that you have been approved.

oh okay thank you!

No, they will email you a reminder before your ESTA expires (its valid for 2 years). Enjoy your trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Henrib

Do all travellers to US need to complete the ESTA process? Even those with a J1 (I'm thinking not because it is for those with visa waiver but not applicable if you have a J1 visa)? Thanks

Yeah you don't have to fill it out if you have a J1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭GlowStick

Anyone here know if I can pay for my esta application with a Visa Debit card? Or is it credit card only? Thanks! :D

Anyone here know if I can pay for my esta application with a Visa Debit card? Or is it credit card only? Thanks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

GlowStick wrote: »

It should work. Have you tried?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭donna 182

visa debit will work, worked for me a few months ago

MadsL wrote: »
    It should work. Have you tried?

Haven't actually tried it yet because I need to get confirmation on my accommodation first. So just wanted to know for sure if the debit card works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,326 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

GlowStick wrote: »
    Haven't actually tried it yet because I need to get confirmation on my accommodation first. So just wanted to know for sure if the debit card works.

You don't need to have your address finalised when applying for the ESTA, you can put in any address roughly corresponding to where you intend to go, get the approval, then go in to the website later and add your address when you've sorted it out though the FAQ below says you needn't bother once the approval has been granted.

ESTA FAQ:

Can prospective travelers apply to ESTA for a travel authorization without specific travel plans if they want to be able to travel to the United States on short notice?

Visa Waiver Program travelers are not required to have specific plans to travel to the United States before they apply for a travel authorization. If a traveler’s destination address in the United States is unknown when he or she completes the application in ESTA for the travel authorization, the traveler should enter the name of the hotel or approximate location he or she intends to visit. Travelers may update this information when their plans are finalized, but they will not be required to update their destination addresses or itineraries should they change after their travel authorization has been approved.

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/WebHelp/ESTA_Screen-Level_Online_Help_1.htm#ta7

Advertisement