Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice on baggage

• 07-10-2013 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Mods hope its okay to start another thread on this, as I had a similar one? Basically I had resigned myself to getting a 35l backpack to travel to Thailand(2 weeks)/Australia (WHV for 1 year). I went into an outdoor shop to get my backpack and the guy said the 35ltr would be too small. He reckons if I stay in hotels while in Thailand and have someone secure to leave my bag I should get the 35ltr backpack for my Thailand stuff and a large suitcase for my Australia stuff. If i'm staying in hostels he reckons getting a larger possibly 50 ltr backpack and bring it everywhere. I can't see myself managing with such a big backpack/suitcase. Thought it would be straightforward, but i'm so confused.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tbh, you will spend more time than you think lugging baggage around so just get what you can easily carry.
    It all boils down to what you will need to bring. Is sending a bag by slow mail to Oz an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

biko wrote: »
    Tbh, you will spend more time than you think lugging baggage around so just get what you can easily carry.
    It all boils down to what you will need to bring. Is sending a bag by slow mail to Oz an option?

I haven't even thought in great detail about what to bring. To be honest the thoughts of hauling a suitcase around seems like torture.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

They have shops in Oz you know! I would stick with the 35 lt one and depending on what type of work you're going to be doing, have one decent work outfit/suit in it. When you get to Australia you can stock up on stuff. I presume on the WHV you'll be basing yourself in cities for a couple of months at a time so no need to carry lots of stuff over from Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Yes, that's true but the cost of clothes over there is huge.

Advertisement