Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

who is going to profit from the recession?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I'll wait to see what Jim Corr has to say on the matter...
    He is a solid bloke with his head firmly on his shoulders, clearly.

Give the guy a break - he was just saying what we were all thinking!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Give the guy a break - he was just saying what we were all thinking!

He was saying the opposite to what normal people are thinking. Normal people think about his hot sisters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I'de say the proud owners of monacles and twisty moustaches will profit big time. They just seem to have a knack for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭i_love_toast

eddie hobbs all the way!!people will start to watch his god awful tv shows on saving every last penny and buy his crappy magazines with him on the cover every issue!he might even expand the man will be a zillionaire!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

the national lottery - everyone will be buying quickpicks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Solicitors and liability companies will make a fortune and people sure each other to get a few quid together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

this man almost certainly will raise his portfolio by a few billion by the time the global slowdown is over.

if he can do it why can't ye f*ckers? :p

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Piste wrote: »
    Solicitors and liability companies will make a fortune and people sure each other to get a few quid together.

Actually, a lot of firms have laid of solicitors in the last few weeks. Some will profit but its looking very bad for the profession as a whole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Lidl and Aldi are going to clean up.
    Bye bye to Marks & Spencer

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Its a good time for anyone to benefit. Wait a few more months, then buy a house that you can barely afford. Then sit back and watch the pension fund grow.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

KaG1888 wrote: »
    I know all about it mate ;). They really are in the ****s now. Did you know that some banks are now only giving 80% for First Time Buyers with the max with some banks 90%....? That means on average in DUblin for example, House = €350k means you'll need to get between €35k - €70k. Thats insane, people will be living with their parents for a few more years now it would seem.

Yup, and one of the banks only doing 80% is the one who was indiscriminately handing out 100% mortgages!

I say just never move out, then when your rents snuff it, you'll have a house!

Advertisement