Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards League (Thursday, S13)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

Mar-z if you have a fixture list made out for Div.iii, email it to me, and ill send out the remaining requests too all the teams, and ill keep record of the league table..

If we could get 1 team from each of the other 3 Divisions to do the same it would cut the work load down immensely!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

TheJims wrote: »
    Mar-z if you have a fixture list made out for Div.iii, email it to me, and ill send out the remaining requests too all the teams, and ill keep record of the league table..

If we could get 1 team from each of the other 3 Divisions to do the same it would cut the work load down immensely!

I'll do div II, and sure feck it if no one else is free I can do div I also, but i'm not free for another 2 weeks. then I have all the time in the world! haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

I'm guessing I'm too late? Wandering Wanderers?

CoDy1 wrote: »
    I'm guessing I'm too late? Wandering Wanderers?

Yeah sorry CoDy1:(

Guys, Div IV should be input now. can you go to your friendlies section and accept your fixtures for the next two weeks.

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

eoferrall wrote: »
    Guys, Div IV should be input now. can you go to your friendlies section and accept your fixtures for the next two weeks.

You have to change the week while posting fixtures :D

I've deleted the week 2, fixtures that were put in week 1 for division 4.

• Advertisement

mar-z wrote: »
    You have to change the week while posting fixtures :D

I've deleted the week 2, fixtures that were put in week 1 for division 4.

How did I not realise that when flicking around there.. even had round 2 open at one pt.

Less hurry more attention!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭crisco10

MWSAG are in. i appreciate the addition of Div IV. Gives me a target of 3 relegations in a row. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

I appreciate it as well lads, just accepted my games.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Davyboy.

Accepted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

Quick not for all the Div III teams, your fixtures for the season r up, so accept away !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

great start to league- already forgot to set my team :(

daheff wrote: »

:eek::P

good luck! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

daheff wrote: »

I'm on the same boat missed team and tactics despite being online earlier today :p

Try in the first minute Fewcifur :cool:

Need to get a couple of wins before I go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

ugh, just logged on. just 28-0 nil down after 13 mins. easy game obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Looks like I could loose my first game against Rath Rugby Club :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

Good first half for me so far 12-12 against blind side :D

Somehow winning by five??? Can't last

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

gah missing loads of penos, would be so much closer than it is now :(

Trippie wrote: »
    ugh, just logged on. just 28-0 nil down after 13 mins. easy game obviously

Wouldn't worry about it too much, DIV IV has a very mixed bag since its brand new, the top teams will filter up in other divisions but you're stuck with some old veterans of the game! pick out the ones you think you can beat... ie the ones with similar squads to yours. some in your division will be untouchable unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Have they brought in the intensity thing where if you are way ahead the intensity is dropped to reduce the scores?

Just wondering as I was way ahead of Parrish 39-0 and half time and in second half it has gone to 49-19? seems bit odd that all of a sudden they'd start hammering me when I dominated the match up to about 60mins.

Don't know, but similar happening to me against the Death Squad. 37-0 up with 10 remaining and they scored a couple. Could easily be a coincidence though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Sounds bit like too much of a coincidence to me as i scored half as many points in second half as i did in first.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Scrummage

bossa_nova wrote: »
    gah missing loads of penos, would be so much closer than it is now :(

A closer game going by the stats than the score suggests....

yup, did some digging on the changes since season 12 started and got this:

2. We will be trailing a small core change to make the Match Engine more realistic. This will mainly affect unrealistic score lines in lop-sided games.
    3. The current changes which were on trial for friendlies only, (with the exception of the weight modifiers as mentioned above) which were supposed to be released to competitive matches for season 12.5; will remain in the trial until season 13 when they will be released to competitive.

So yes, they are trying to reduce big score it seems. again putting in changes that have little or no impact on the game.

again putting in changes that have little or no impact on the game.

While it has little or no impact on the result. It makes the game more realistic. It might also have a positive effect on the boards league where we still have some unbalanced leagues, noone like 100-0 losses. I also hope that it if put into the league that it will save energy if your well ahead.

If brought into leagues could have big impacts on some teams. Couple of seasons ago it went to points difference between me an Orizio for relegation in a season where we both had big losses.

Yeah I know it will have an impact, but I would just MUCH rather time was put into coding this ME2 than these small changes.

These are the type of changes I would call polishing when the game is 90% certain/unchanging/finalised.

Just there is this impending big changes down the line it seems (tho seems a LONG way off since seems no closer than when first muted) and I would prefer the big changes to come and then polish. like a whole new match engine, could change how a lot of teams design their squad.

Sorry for ranting about this in a few places now. just seems the priorities are wrong.

Yeah I know it will have an impact, but I would just MUCH rather time was put into coding this ME2 than these small changes.

These are the type of changes I would call polishing when the game is 90% certain/unchanging/finalised.

Just there is this impending big changes down the line it seems (tho seems a LONG way off since seems no closer than when first muted) and I would prefer the big changes to come and then polish. like a whole new match engine, could change how a lot of teams design their squad.

Agreed

We'll all be in wheelchairs for ME2 at this rate

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

beat rahoon wild so i dont care.

took me about 30 mins to write due to being drunkk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

satory wrote: »
    Looks like I could loose my first game against Rath Rugby Club :(

Nope you beat me, looks like i really need some stamina training. Time to start running these boys up some hills :D

Advertisement