Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EI-ORD going to GWO to be scrap

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

ohigg84 wrote: »
    Wasn't EI-SHN the first A330 to be delivered to EI? Followed by EI-DUB, EI-ORD, EI-CRK??

And EI-SHN is still flying with Air Asia!
    EI-CRK went to Vladivotiask Avia!

Didn't EI-DUB go to Vladivotiask Avia as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Blue Punto

ohigg84 wrote: »
    Wasn't EI-SHN the first A330 to be delivered to EI? Followed by EI-DUB, EI-ORD, EI-CRK??

And EI-SHN is still flying with Air Asia!
    EI-CRK went to Vladivotiask Avia!

Indeed EI-SHN became F-OMSA with Air Algeria and now flies with Air Asia as 9M-XAA

EI-CRK cn70 became VQ-BCW of Vladivotiask
    EI-DUB cn55 became VQ-BEU as above
    EI-JFK cn86 became VQ-BEQ
    EI-EWR cn330 now flies as PK-YVI with Batavia

Sorry about the mix up in my earlier posts regarding the cn's of the above:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 newsomeg

Hi All,

I have been following the fate of EI-ORD for the last number of days. As of March 31st, it was still definitly in BDO - see attached link. http://www.pictaero.com/en/search/search?i1=19466&a4=EI-ORD

I see the EI Shamrock and decals are painted out on some of the pics. Is it still US bound for scrapping I wonder...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

Hi there,
    It has most definitely been sold.It is no longer EI's property.
    regards
    Stovepipe

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ohigg84

Sad to see it go! Hard to believe the oldest 330s are almost 17 years old!
    I remember being at the airport with my family and my aunt and uncle, and we were awaiting the first arrival of the 330 back in June
    1994!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

Higg, I'll see you and raise you.....I remember being on the production line seeing her get built. A good servant. I think it kicked off at 208tons mtow?? then 212 then 215. Hope we get some pics of her being disassembled, I may need a glass of wine to watch.

rgds

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ohigg84

Bearcat wrote: »
    Higg, I'll see you and raise you.....I remember being on the production line seeing her get built. A good servant. I think it kicked off at 208tons mtow?? then 212 then 215. Hope we get some pics of her being disassembled, I made need a glass of wine to watch.

rgds

Thanks Bearcat, this will be an emotional time for me.. I hate seeing beautiful jets being scrapped.. It saddens me to see 747-400s and old time vetereans such as 727s and 737s beind sent to the desert for scrapping..
    Even 777s are being reduced to spares..:(

My dad works for Aer Lingus, so I have flown on the 330s a few times..
    Not on ORD though..
    This actually reminds me of the time I flew on one of the last EI 747 flights..
    The aircraft was EI-ASJ, and the aircraft was almost 25 years old, I remember hearing a few creaks when we were landing..
    Regards,
    Tom

anyone have recent pics of the old girl or is it hacheted already?

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

Bearcat wrote: »
    anyone have recent pics of the old girl or is it hacheted already?

I would hazard a guess that she may not be broken up for a few months. They may start to strip her of useful parts soon after she arrives in Greenwood. Once they have all the saleable parts taken of then the chopping will begin.

Just did a quick search on ACARS - can't see any reference to 'ORD moving in the last 7 days. I assume it is still in BDO...?Anyone know if it is still Greenwood bound?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Alicano

Already in Bangor.
    Goodluck to her!:)

Alicano wrote: »
    Already in Bangor.
    Goodluck to her!:)

ACARS mode: 2 Aircraft reg: EI-ORD [Airbus A330]
    Message label: _ Block id: 0 Msg no: S36A
    Flight id: EI2122 [] [Aer Lingus]
    [ 16/04/2011 14:30 ]-

Good luck indeed. Presume she would have been flown out by EI Crew??

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Ennisman

Alicano, what is the signifiance of Bangor? Is is sold to an airline there or is it being scrapped.? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Ennisman wrote: »
    Alicano, what is the signifiance of Bangor? Is is sold to an airline there or is it being scrapped.? Thanks.

Bangor, Maine was an en-route stop for fuel en route to Greenwood MS (KGWO). The aircraft appears to have arrived at KGWO at about 2330Z on 16 April.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/EIN2122
    http://flightaware.com/live/flight/EIN2122/history/20110416/2000Z/KBGR/KGWO/tracklog

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Alicano

Ennisman wrote: »

as echoindia states its final stop was greenwood for scrappage.
    bangor was an en route stop for customs clearance.
    poor plane. thought someone might have bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

newsomeg wrote: »
    ACARS mode: 2 Aircraft reg: EI-ORD [Airbus A330]
    Message label: _ Block id: 0 Msg no: S36A
    Flight id: EI2122 [] [Aer Lingus]
    [ 16/04/2011 14:30 ]-

Good luck indeed. Presume she would have been flown out by EI Crew??
    Unlikely, if she is already sold she'll have been flown out by a contract crew.

yeap, an EIN crew....heard them in the vicinity of Bedra y'day en route to the boneyard about to change over to Shanwick on HF.:rolleyes:

roundymac wrote: »
    Unlikely, if she is already sold she'll have been flown out by a contract crew.

If she was flying as EI2122 why on earth would it have a contract crew

I presume RD remained EI property until delivered to Greenwood

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭N7777G

Spot the mistake??

http://flic.kr/p/9zJ1p4

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

N7777G wrote: »
    Spot the mistake??

http://flic.kr/p/9zJ1p4

EI planes usually have "St." before the english version, while the Irish name is standalone. So EI-ORD should have been St.Maeve/Maedhb

Maybe some dodgy painters in Bordeaux? I noticed last year that EI-DAA no longer has a capital letter to start the name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭N7777G

Tenger wrote: »
    EI planes usually have "St." before the english version, while the Irish name is standalone. So EI-ORD should have been St.Maeve/Maedhb

Ten out of ten Tenger!

Anyone got any news on this

I saw in airliners a pic showing her getting readly to go

Now she is there any pics of her being dismantled "flying" about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

thats a sad looking pic right there dr, dead

Doors etc valuable re mock up trainers.....cockpit also. Engines obviously the most valuable asset on aircraft so they were whooped off in no time. The landing gear is assigned to scrap yard says me.
    That version of landing gear was subject to damage from torquing moments as in sharp turns...a330.aircraft were subject to limited turning circle movements after a sabena 330 snapped a main leg from differential braking doing a 180 degree turn in Africa somewhere. I know ORD and it's era we're modified after this but still say gear is scrap....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

gatecrash wrote: »
    thats a sad looking pic right there dr, dead

I know its fairly grim,one day its flying high and fast then bam its a tin can on the deck.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Wicklowleaid

I remember flying back from JFK on this jet in late November 2005. About an hour out over the atlantic we had to turn back to JFK as there was a problem with the cabin pressurization system. Hairy times to say the least - Did get a free drink out of it though which is a rare occurrence on flights these days.

Airliners have a thread about G-WWBD being broken up and a pic of this old girl popped up

I thought people here might wanna see it
    8667023464_4b71fcfa3a_z.jpg
    EI-ORD GWO 9 APR 2013 by pinktristar, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

And here much earlier in its career:
    25339225.6eb1224c.640.jpg?r1
    F-GMDD A330-301 par Irish 251, on ipernity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

That picture of her up on timbers is around a long time, i imagine she is cans of coke by now!

Advertisement