Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Japanese Film Festival 2015

Options
  • 15-04-2015 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Suprised a thread hadn't been made already, but the yearly JFF is underway, and some anime is/has been shown.

This weekend in the Light House Cinema in Dublin :
    A Letter to Momo
    Only Yesterday
    Time of Eve

I'm pretty excited, there are always some great movies that I didn't know of previously that I end up seeing, and I've wanted to see A Letter to Momo for quite some time.

Light House selection - http://www.lighthousecinema.ie/jff.php

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Suprised a thread hadn't been made already, but the yearly JFF is underway, and some anime is/has been shown.

This weekend in the Light House Cinema in Dublin :
    A Letter to Momo
    Only Yesterday
    Time of Eve

I'm pretty excited, there are always some great movies that I didn't know of previously that I end up seeing, and I've wanted to see A Letter to Momo for quite some time.

Light House selection - http://www.lighthousecinema.ie/jff.php

While not anime, but related, the two Rurouni Kenshin live action sequels are also being screened on Friday and Saturday,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was hoping to get to a showing of something in cork but can't afford it unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

Really enjoyed Time of Eve. It was interesting to find out that it took inspiration from Yokohama Shopping Log. Eve has a pretty different atmosphere but you can see reflections of Yokohama in a lot of ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

A Letter To Momo was surprisingly fantastic, kick a Ghibli film in the ass any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Saruwatari wrote: »
    A Letter To Momo was surprisingly fantastic, kick a Ghibli film in the ass any day.
    I don't know if I'd go that far, but I did really like it, I am a sucker for tragedy, happy to finally see the movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ShaunC

I ended up bringing my 14yo to Momo (she loves anime) on Saturday, I was surprised that I actually enjoyed it, she loved it and is still talking about it even though it was not by the "other studio".

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

I went to see Time of Eve and really enjoyed it. I am going to watch the original series. Unfortunately never got a chance to see the other films.

Advertisement