Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best place to sell second hand manga?

Options
  • 22-04-2015 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Hey there. Trying to offload 200+ volumes of manga and wondering does anyone know of any second hand places that would give me something half decent for them, or take them at all?

The other route is adverts which may eventually be more lucrative but will probably be very time consuming.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

I doubt they'd give a whole lot for it but chapters will probably take them.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

What kinda stuff you got? As afforementioned Chapters might but will give you pennies for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

chapter usually a euro a book, ttheyre not fussy though

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

Chapters won't take them at all, though they will take western comics strangely enough. I have consecutive runs of Naruto, Bleach, Fullmetal Alchemist, Eyeshield 21 up to volume 11/12 which should be handy enough to shift on adverts and then tons of first volumes of other series which I can't see anyone being interested in. Would rather just offload the whole lot and be done with it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

The first volumes will be impossible to shift. Are you intent on selling? Cos the library is always a great place to give away old comics and manga!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

I'd like to get rid of mine but I don't want to drop them off at Chapters like unwanted orphans on a doorstep, nor do I want to destroy them when someone else could enjoy them. I'd like if Forbidden Planet had a second hand section rather than be lost forever in the dreary labyrinthine corridors that are the upstairs of Chapters.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

Saruwatari wrote: »
    The first volumes will be impossible to shift. Are you intent on selling? Cos the library is always a great place to give away old comics and manga!

I'd like to get at least something back from the, in retrospect, crazy money I spent on these as a carefree teenager. You're right though, a lot of them may end up in a library/charity shop, which I'm totally grand with!

Advertisement