Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Overnight spot near Newry

• 24-02-2010 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭

I've got to go to Newry on Friday and planned to stay over for a night or two.
    Originally planned to stay at the campsite in Rostrevor but that appears to be closed until Easter. Does anyone know of a good place to spend the night?
    Perhaps around Carlingford? Planning to do a bit of hillwalking on Sat. followed by a good pub for the rugby match.
    Suggestions please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭KoNiT

Ring Carrickdale hotel... might let you park up... I've seen a camper there before when I was staying there just before christmas.

might swap parking for a few drinks they've a few screens for the match that night & full breakfast in morn, lovely hotel. I haven't had bad service there yet & I've used it a lot.

Go to Slieve gullion for the wander.. used to go there when I was younger.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭John Dough

I parked up on a wild spot just outside Carlingford town on the Newry side main road (road quite wide and a viewing area) about 2 years ago and had no problems .

There is a parking spot in Ravensdale but it is a bit deserted this time of year so would not reccommend it.

You could try The Jonesboro stores and PO which has a nice parking area right outside and the owner is very friendly.
    Enjoy your trip.

Advertisement