Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Delica Camper Conversion Questions

Options
  • 24-02-2010 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hoping some here can help me or possibily may have done something similar.
    I am looking at Irish Mitsubishi Delica’s ( either commercial or passenger ) with a view to converting it to a camper van . I will either make the interior or buy them in from a camper conversion company .
    My questions are
    What is the minimum converting I need to do so as the Motor Tax Office will tax it as a camper van i.e. €88 tax ? .

Is there a set of guidelines anywhere for this?

How do I get the log book changed from ( Private/Commercial ) to Camper Van ?

Will I have to pay any duty do to the apparent increase in value of the van ( I am sourcing the donor in Ireland if possible ) .

The reason I am looking at the Delica is because I also need 4x4 capabilities , automatic and also be able to carry 4 people .Camper conversion for the low motor tax and insurance

Thanks All

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭defike

For camper tax it must be 1.8 meters high and over 3 tonnes in weight.
    Also needs certain items inside cooker/sink etc.
    I believe there are no exceptions to these rules local motor tax office will confirm.

Thats 1.8 meters inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Vipermax55

defike wrote: »
    For camper tax it must be 1.8 meters high and over 3 tonnes in weight.
    Also needs certain items inside cooker/sink etc.
    I believe there are no exceptions to these rules local motor tax office will confirm.

I knew there had to be clause . I take it something like a minium of a Hiace camper with a high roof might qualify for camper motor tax .

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Are you sure about the 3 tonne?
    Surely lots of campers are under 3 tonne...or do they pay higher road tax?(wouldnt make sense as the heavier van would surely cause more road damage than a smaller one)
    Marty.

Yes sorry the 3 tonne thing is for vrt not road tax.
    All pay the same road tax.

• Advertisement
Advertisement