Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Afraid to Drive

Options
  • 30-07-2014 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm starting to learn the basic driving with my husband but it just I'm afraid to drive, thinking the worst thing could happen always. Also everytime, I've done some mistakes or just stuck because of my nervous, my husband is talking a lot and gettin angry, saying that I'm not listening. I understand him and I'm listening but it just I can't move the car, it triggering my fear, my feet is shaking and my mind is wandering and thinking that I might hit something.
    -- Nervous girl---

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,055 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Ask in the Learning to Drive forum instead:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=909

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

First of all don't practise with your husband! That may sound harsh, but never practise with a family member. It's always better to practise with a registered instructor as it's more 'business'. Personal feelings won't interfere and you will be more focused on the road not wanting to have a chat. Also an instructor will give you correct details whereas a family member (or someone who has been driving for a while) will teach you the bad habits that creep in after a while....lack of indication, no patience when overtaking a bicycle, road position, etc.

Nerves are natural, but they can be overcome by creative visualisation or breathing. You're not the only car on the road. Just drive right and safe and you'll be fine. You don't need added stress by being "shouted at" while driving.

Advertisement