Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Viber

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 rommy

Thanks for the update viber man love the app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭yoyo83

ok question for ye my friend told me to add him on viber but when i put his name in the contacts it doesnt say he has viber as he hasnt set it up yet even though he said he has it! im just confused with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

yoyo83 wrote: »
    ok question for ye my friend told me to add him on viber but when i put his name in the contacts it doesnt say he has viber as he hasnt set it up yet even though he said he has it! im just confused with it!

Hi, I sometimes have this problem with my DHD but it generally takes a while for the contacts to sort it out. About 5 or 6 times a day I have to link contacts over and over.

Try getting him to send you a message and maybe it would sort itself out there. Unless he is having the same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Danny_B wrote: »
    Hi, I sometimes have this problem with my DHD but it generally takes a while for the contacts to sort it out. About 5 or 6 times a day I have to link contacts over and over.

Try getting him to send you a message and maybe it would sort itself out there. Unless he is having the same problem.

Have gotten that as well. Anyone here been able to get Viber up and running with the 3G version of the Samsung Galaxy Tab??

Danny_B wrote: »

cool thanks hes in oz ill try again :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Viber

@yoyo83 -
    Since I see you wrote he's in a different country, first please make sure that you both have each other's number saved in the full international format, i.e the "+" sign, then the country code, then the number... etc.

Now, please try the following workaround: open Viber and find a person you know who has Viber in the "All" contact list. To reboot synchronization, change a digit, save and exit the contact list. Open contact again, change the digit back to the original, correct number, save and exit. Wait for approximately 10 minutes and see if the contact is now recognized as a Viber user.

If this doesn't work, please enter Viber's DialPad and try to manually dial the number in its full international format.

@madmoe -
    Viber does not officially support Tablets yet, but as far as we know it should work fine on Galaxy Tab. What problem exactly are you experiencing?

Viber wrote: »
    @yoyo83 -
    Since I see you wrote he's in a different country, first please make sure that you both have each other's number saved in the full international format, i.e the "+" sign, then the country code, then the number... etc.

Now, please try the following workaround: open Viber and find a person you know who has Viber in the "All" contact list. To reboot synchronization, change a digit, save and exit the contact list. Open contact again, change the digit back to the original, correct number, save and exit. Wait for approximately 10 minutes and see if the contact is now recognized as a Viber user.

If this doesn't work, please enter Viber's DialPad and try to manually dial the number in its full international format.

@madmoe -
    Viber does not officially support Tablets yet, but as far as we know it should work fine on Galaxy Tab. What problem exactly are you experiencing?

Gonna try it right now on my new 3G Galaxy Tab 10.1......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bilalp

Any news viber devs?
    Viber has become such an important app for me that I'm staying on gingerbread until it's up and running on ics lol
    So any news? And do we have any idea of when it may be done?
    Thanks (and thanks for the awesome app!)

well it works anyway! got in contact!! viber is the best!! :)

. Viber works on ics? It doesn't crash?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

bilalp wrote: »

Yoyos issue was the contact resolution on DHD ;)

Yoyos issue was the contact resolution on DHD ;)[/Quote]
    Ahh got excited there for a minute :( lol

haha sorry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭G1032

bilalp wrote: »
    Use Line instead. It's free in the market. Viber have had long enough now to get it working for ICS. No updates since October.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭CricketDude

G1032 wrote: »
    Use Line instead. It's free in the market. Viber have had long enough now to get it working for ICS. No updates since October.....

whats line?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,664 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Downloaded this again tonight (having removed it about 4/5 months back for the battery drain issue) and I see nothing has changed, despite me having a new phone (GS2) and a new ROM setup (Android 2.3.6 , CheckROM RevoHD v4 and Kernel 2.6.35.7)

Shame, but no good if it's eating my battery - uninstalled..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭G1032

G1032 wrote: »

whats line?
    https://market.android.com/details?id=jp.naver.line.android&hl=en

Same kind of thing as Viber except it works on ICS and gets updated more than once every 4 months......

Actually,
    We've made some serious progress with the development of Viber for ICS, and if all goes as planned, it should be released over the next 2 weeks (probably less). News soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Actually,
    We've made some serious progress with the development of Viber for ICS, and if all goes as planned, it should be released over the next 2 weeks (probably less). News soon :)

Well it was just a "couple of weeks" at the end of December, so now it's the middle of February its nice to know it's only 2 weels away :rolleyes:
    Regarding ICS - we could ask Market to remove it, but our hopes is that within the next couple of weeks Viber should already be compatible with ICS. As I said, we're doing our best, and we hope to release our new version very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Actually,

And it only took 3 months :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Actually,

Sweet!

What about the iPhone version?

And come on guys, it's a free app. They're obviously working on it. I like Viber, I like it's purple theme and they seem to be listening to suggestions, etc... but I think they're a bit too ambitious and spread too thin with the version for Symbian(I want it on Symbian!), Blackberry, etc... I wonder how many people are there working on Viber?

LINE looks good, but IMO Viber is a better organized(Menus, etc...) app with more features, LINE Line doesn't have a version for WP7 either, neither does Viber, so they're even there.

EDIT: Actually on a second viewing LINE has a pretty nice UI too, at least on the iPhone.

Viber for Blackberry is almost ready (will be released soon).
    We're working on a Symbian version these days, but not entirely sure when it will be ready.
    Same with Windows Phone.

About ICS - this time the timeframe seems much more concrete, sinc we've finally overcome the main obstacle we encountered 2 months back. Be sure - the only reason we delay releases is to make sure we don't release a half-baked up to Market :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

We're working on a Symbian version these days, but not entirely sure when it will be ready.
    Same with Windows Phone.

About ICS - this time the timeframe seems much more concrete, sinc we've finally overcome the main obstacle we encountered 2 months back. Be sure - the only reason we delay releases is to make sure we don't release a half-baked up to Market :)
    Jaysus I forgot about symbian.

Keep up the great work viber. Love the app.
    Your right to not to be releasing apps that are not ready. Don't mind the impatient people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

seanybiker wrote: »
    Jaysus I forgot about symbian.

So did nokia lol
    About ICS - this time the timeframe seems much more concrete, sinc we've finally overcome the main obstacle we encountered 2 months back. Be sure - the only reason we delay releases is to make sure we don't release a half-baked up to Market smile.gif

Nice to see a company who does that!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Symbian is dead, I admire Viber's ambition to cover all platforms but developing a Symbian version now is some waste of resources.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

draffodx wrote: »
    Symbian is dead, I admire Viber's ambition to cover all platforms but developing a Symbian version now is some waste of resources.

I agree, Symbian is dead, but so is Blackberry, and the whole RIM in fact.

However both still have millions of active users around the world.

Viber, Tango, LINE, etc... all these apps are in a competition to spread to as many platforms as possible, the more platforms they cover the better. And offer as many features as possible.

Tango is the most widely spread right now, iOS, Android, WP7, PC and it supports video calls, however it does not have what is IMO more important than video calls, messages. And it's PC app looks like an iPhone FFS, what were they thinking?

If Viber comes to Symbian and BB, it'll still get a lot of use on those platforms. What I'm surprised about is the lack of news for WP7 version, now granted, WP7 isn't really doing great, neither did the first XBOX, but Microsoft seems to be very firmly committed to the platform to make it the third relevant one.

Same with Windows Phone.

Great news! Have you guys any plans in the future to add video calls as well guys??

madmoe wrote: »
    Great news! Have you guys any plans in the future to add video calls as well guys??

Yep,
    It's under development, and we've made some progress lately, but we still don't have any estimation for a release date. As always, if we have any concrete news, I'll share it here :)

By the way, about Blackberry and Symbian - the numbers show that there are still millions and millions of BB and Symbian users across the world. We don't see it as a waste of time developing Viber for both these platforms - on the contrary. Our goal is to allow as many people as possible connect through Viber, so the least people possible are left out.

Yep,
    It's under development, and we've made some progress lately, but we still don't have any estimation for a release date. As always, if we have any concrete news, I'll share it here :)

By the way, about Blackberry and Symbian - the numbers show that there are still millions and millions of BB and Symbian users across the world. We don't see it as a waste of time developing Viber for both these platforms - on the contrary. Our goal is to allow as many people as possible connect through Viber, so the least people possible are left out.

Great to hear video is in the works guys!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Yep,

Sure is. And great to hear you're still working on the BlackBerry version. You should also look at developing for the BlackBerry Playbook. Or port the android app to the Playbook.

Advertisement