Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TODAYS CHEAPEST PETROL THREAD!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

daveob007 wrote: »
    i have up till recently getting my petrol at great gas on the ennis rd but find it only lasts a few days compared to more expensive stations,i put in a tenner and it gone by the next day after a few school runs but lasts longer,even 2 days when bought from topaz or anywhere else,,are they using poor quality petrol?
    anyone else find this??/

Hmmm, Kind of noticed this too, put in €50 and it seemed to burn off pretty quickly.. Maybe Topaz petrol does get you further?? How do you find it at Tesco?, not always the cheapest...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

155.9 for petrol at amber watchouse cross

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

154.9 for diesel and unleaded in Chawkes last night

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

Anyone travelling to Listowel and beyond via the 'scenic route' (Ardagh/Carrigkerry) can now get refuelled at the reopened Daybreak shop/garage (Maxol) in Carrigkerry.

Seems to match the prices in NCW now, which is great. This morning (Sun) was 155.9 for petrol and 154.9 for diesel. The shop also has a deli and a decent range of stuff in the chiller. Hope it all goes well for them under new management!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,109 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Diesel 152.9 in Tesco, Coonagh yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

padma wrote: »
    154.9 for diesel and unleaded in Chawkes last night

And just across the city in Dooradoyle, the Topaz beside the hospital is charging 165.9 for unleaded and 164.9 for diesel.

Rip off pricing is alive and well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Kess73 wrote: »
    And just across the city in Dooradoyle, the Topaz beside the hospital is charging 165.9 for unleaded and 164.9 for diesel.

Rip off pricing is alive and well.

For as long as I remember they have always been the most expensive yet people still use it without looking at the price I'd imagine.

Crazy

I can beat that, the Fairgreen Texaco station on the Ballysimon Road is charging 169.9 for unleaded and 159.9 for diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

bazz26 wrote: »
    Diesel 152.9 in Tesco, Coonagh yesterday.
    how much is petrol there

Beaver1 wrote: »
    how much is petrol there

Didn't take much notice, think it is around 157.9.

• Advertisement

I'd say there isn't a page goes by without the mention of topaz Dooradoyle.

154.9 for petrol at chawkes, long queues

Pre budget panic most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Well at least the Govt didn't increase the price of petrol or diesel - which was good of them

I'd say there isn't a page goes by without the mention of topaz Dooradoyle.

nevermind that place...how about the texaco station near the prison..its ..169 for petrol at the moment:eek: thats 15c dearer than the cheapest price in town

fryup wrote: »
    nevermind that place...how about the texaco station near the prison..its ..169 for petrol at the moment:eek: thats 15c dearer than the cheapest price in town

As long as fools keep paying it they will keep charging it.

BTW both Topaz at Singland Motors on the Dublin Road and Maxol across the road were 153.9 for unleaded and 151.9 for diesel today.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

Apple green 157.8 petrol 152.8 diesel

152.9 for unleaded at the Monaleen station on Friday.

A full 17c a litre cheaper than the Fairgreen station and at least 13c a litre cheaper than the Topaz beside the Hospital.

To put it into context for anyone that goes to them. If you drive a standard car you are spending between €5.20 and €6.80 more for the same amount of fuel than you actually have to everytime you get a fill.

Multiply that by the amount of times you get a fill and the amount might be enough to pay your motor tax for the year or your car insurance for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

A full 17c a litre cheaper than the Fairgreen station and at least 13c a litre cheaper than the Topaz beside the Hospital.

To put it into context for anyone that goes to them. If you drive a standard car you are spending between €5.20 and €6.80 more for the same amount of fuel than you actually have to everytime you get a fill.

Multiply that by the amount of times you get a fill and the amount might be enough to pay your motor tax for the year or your car insurance for the year.

That's actually ridiculous when you think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I never see anyone ever filling up their car there - its a wonder they are still open!

• Advertisement

That's actually ridiculous when you think about it.

And the savings just get bigger when you have thirstier cars with larger fuel tanks.

The figures I used are based on petrol versions of Fiesta/Focus sized cars.

People will complain about the cost of motor tax, car insurance etc but by using the expensive stations on a weekly basis they are basically coughing up the cost of their motor tax.

Limerick city is pretty small so anyone who uses an expensive station is not going to be a long drive from the cheaper stations, and even if driving to the cheaper station and back cost you €1 to €1.50 in fuel everytime compared to driving to the expensive sites, you will still be saving a three figure sum over the course of a yearand the saving may still be enough to pay for your motor tax or your car insurance, or even a cheap holiday in Spain.

It just makes sense to reward the cheaper stations by giving them business for as long as they are the cheaper stations, and also to reward yourself by making a saving on something that you have to buy anyway.

Petrol/diesel may be the type of products that would fall under the term of being a grudge purchase, but that does not mean that folk should not be smart about how much they pay for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

153.9 for petrol in garveys NCW. 100yoyos worth purchased by me this wkd.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

Garveys in Newcastle Wesht, still 153.9 for petrol and 149.9 for the auld deezul today (Tuesday)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭homingbird

I used to buy my petrol at monaleen but found i wasn't getting the miles per gallon out of their so stopped buying their maybe it was only me !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Just resurrecting this thread.

153.9 for petrol at the 2 groody stations, been like that for awhile now.
    154.9 dock road Great Gas and Topaz stations (not the Supermacs one)

Colemania wrote: »
    Just resurrecting this thread.

153.9 for petrol at the 2 groody stations, been like that for awhile now.
    154.9 dock road Great Gas and Topaz stations (not the Supermacs one)

151.9 for diesel at the Groody 2 same as Chawkes
    152.9 on the dock road for daysul

199.9 for petrol in Topaz (Hospital) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

homingbird wrote: »
    I used to buy my petrol at monaleen but found i wasn't getting the miles per gallon out of their so stopped buying their maybe it was only me !!!

I found that in Singland. Won't buy it there anymore.

156.9 in chawkes, went up for the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

156.9 in chawkes, went up for the weekend

The price of oil is going up, so we can expect prices to rise a bit.

• Advertisement

Good thing I got a full tank there so friday!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement