Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to go after Private Pilot License Training

Options
  • 05-08-2014 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I am in the process of deciding where to complete my PPL training, yet before I make any decisions on where to invest my money I first wanted to find out what routes may be available to achieve a CPL or job with an airline through a Cadetship scheme or otherwise. I know it may seem pessimistic to look at it in this way but I have to face the harsh reality that its an expensive and lucrative path to becoming an airline pilot.

I have a massive interest in Aviation itself and have completed a degree in Aviation Technology in DIT. I have also just completed my Class 1 medical and feel that before age becomes a major factor I need to start pushing on with my training as I am now 22 and may have another few years training to do before I reach the top of the ladder.

I have checked a number of Cadetship Programmes, looked at the possibility of entering the Air Corps and also achieving a PPL and then looking to join a company such as West Atlantic. I just want to know that if these options fail me can I do anything else to reach the eventual goal???

Many thanks to all in advance!!

Comments

Advertisement