Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

season 5 what do expect? (for book readers)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭ShetlandViking

FunLover18 wrote: »
    They made a big deal out of Melisandre not knowing it could be done. Even without LS it may come in handy at the Wall ;)

Now I'm even MORE worried LS won't show up! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Sleepy wrote: »
    Never liked Stoneheart but then again, I hated Catelyn too...

Brian Blessed as Manderly would be epic.

I always pictured Areo Hotah as much burlier than Djimon Hounsou (shorter and more barrel-chested) though I wouldn't be overly disapppointed with his casting in the role as he was great in Gladiator. Can see Peter Mensah (Oenomaus from Spartacus) being looked at for the role too.

Felt the same about Stoneheart. Couldn't stand Catelyn so was p*ssed that they brought her back. The only role I thought she would play was distributing justice to the Freys.

Always pictured Areo Hotah as...

Razoul_KHX.png

Also another believer in the Great Northern Conspiracy. I want Robb's letter to be in with Ned's bones and that's why Lady Dustin is so eager to get her hands on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Did Robb write a letter in the TV show?

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

Did Robb write a letter in the TV show?

Nops

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

He did tell Catelyn he would name Jon his heir though, didn't he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Idris Elba would be good too.

Stringer Bell was the first person I thought to play Areo Hotah..
    He's a class actor, he's worked with HBO already and he's unbelievable with accents. (when I heard him in an interview I wondered why he was putting on an English accent!!).
    He has the muscle and basically everything Hotah has so he's perfect for the role.
    We need to petition this shít now...

I always imagined Hotah to be older, mid-50s

I always imagined Hotah to be older, mid-50s

Stringer Bell with a few grey hairs.. Problem solved:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Brian2208

Funny, as I was reading the books I always pictured Hotah similar to the guy Idris Elba played in Thor. Maybe because I just watched the film before but I think he'd be perfect.

Very much doubt they'll get him though

Brian2208 wrote: »
    Funny, as I was reading the books I always pictured Hotah similar to the guy Idris Elba played in Thor. Maybe because I just watched the film before but I think he'd be perfect.

Very much doubt they'll get him though

There was talk a few days ago that he'd be in True Detective 2. I think He'd defo go back to HBO, and something like GoT I'd say they'd require for two weeks of shooting max. I don't imagine Hotah will be a major player

• Advertisement

Oh btw Stringer Bell was played by Idris Elba for those who haven't watched The Wire...
    P.S Watch it, it's outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Brian2208

I never thought of the Elba/HBO link from the Wire, might be a possible reunion then.

I agree with the previous poster who said a big name could be needed for the next season though. It's possible that there will be a lot of new characters from the iron islands and Dorne so some good casting may be needed to keep people's interest. I know I struggled a bit through book 4 anyway trying to follow the new storylines!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Kevin McKidd for Jon Connington!

Kevin McKidd for Jon Connington!

I remember hearing something about McKidd and Purefoy saying they'd never do GoT because of how HBO treated Rome … I think it was from Purefoy's own mouth on the Empire podcast

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

He did tell Catelyn he would name Jon his heir though, didn't he?
    I can't remember that either in the show, only watched it recently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

I remember hearing something about McKidd and Purefoy saying they'd never do GoT because of how HBO treated Rome … I think it was from Purefoy's own mouth on the Empire podcast

Sour grapes from Purefoy. He later retracted saying he had been joking etc...

Kevin McKidd would be great in GoT. He has a great look. I could see his partner from Rome, the big guy (his name escapes me) as an Iron Islander.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Sour grapes from Purefoy. He later retracted saying he had been joking etc...

Kevin McKidd would be great in GoT. He has a great look. I could see his partner from Rome, the big guy (his name escapes me) as an Iron Islander.

No , I think Ray Stevens is a terrible actor!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭letowski

Looking forward to see who will be cast for Euron, I think he is sort of taking over from Oberyn as the show's badass.

The casting of Arianne will be interesting too... she will have to be hot for a start!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Son0vagun wrote: »
    No , I think Ray Stevens is a terrible actor!

I've only seen him in Rome. I liked him in that. But it wasn't a very complex chatacter.

letowski wrote: »

The casting of Arianne will be interesting too... she will have to be hot for a start!

And willing to get her tits out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭valor rorghulis

letowski wrote: »
    Looking forward to see who will be cast for Euron, I think he is sort of taking over from Oberyn as the show's badass.

I'm actually hopeful they get her personality right, she's the ultimate girl a man would ignore every rational thought in his being just to be around her for 5minutes. Hotness a part of it, but she has to be the type you'd fall in love with too.

I'd love to see Mads Mikkelsson (plays Hannibal & is in a recent James Bond film) play Victarion

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

http://www.thelocal.es/20140702/10-great-locations-to-shoot-game-of-thrones-in-spain

Looks like Seville for the Water Gardens in Dorne (sorry if this has been previously posted but had a quick look and could not see it).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

How feasible is Dany on a dragon with current CGI?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

How feasible is Dany on a dragon with current CGI?

You have to imagine pretty feasible as surely they knew they'd be shooting such scenes way back 5/6 years ago when the show was being formed. I'm sure they'd have asked George even if they didn't go into specifics at the time. I thought the chains in episode 10 were done well, I'm sure it'll be grand and done well

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭DM addict

You have to imagine pretty feasible as surely they knew they'd be shooting such scenes way back 5/6 years ago when the show was being formed. I'm sure they'd have asked George even if they didn't go into specifics at the time. I thought the chains in episode 10 were done well, I'm sure it'll be grand and done well

They did riding on a dragon in Harry Potter, and it looked ok. That was a few years ago. Sure it'll be grand.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

DM addict wrote: »
    They did riding on a dragon in Harry Potter, and it looked ok. That was a few years ago. Sure it'll be grand.

Harry potter films have bigger budgets though.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭DM addict

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Harry potter films have bigger budgets though.

Very true. But this is going to be an iconic scene. They'll find the money somewhere. I believe!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Has anyone from ADOD been cast? Seems like only AFFC characters have been mentioned. I hope they don't split the show like they did the books. AFFC is better the second time around, but still ponderous. Nothing happens until the last couple of chapters. But if the mixed boring AFFC with boring ADOD we might get a semi-interesting season :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Would it be out of the question to want to see George himself play Wyman Manderley?

He was rumoured to be playing a part sooner or later.

• Advertisement

Would it be out of the question to want to see George himself play Wyman Manderley?

He was rumoured to be playing a part sooner or later.

I'd like to see that evil bastard GRRM in the show but not as Wyman Manderley. Whoever does play Wyman will need to look both loyal to the Freys (basically his captors) and at the same time, mentally tortured at the fact his sons life is in the hands of these lunatics.
    Plus his discussion with Davos should be as emotionally charged as Oberyn and Tyrions in the black cells so I reckon we'll need a top quality actor for the fat lord.

Advertisement