Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

mrs crilly wrote: »
    Has anybody ever knocked down a person? I think I would actually never drive again if I did, the guilt would kill me.

I knocked a young lad off his bike one day. Driving through a housing estate and he cycled from a side road straight in to the middle of the road without looking. I hit the brakes and skidded right up to him. I hit him but with no more force than a gentle shove thank Christ. Knocked him off the bike and he got a desperate fright (nothing compared to mine though)

A neighbour of his witnessed it and told me afterwards he couldnt believe how well I had done to stop so quickly, he though the young lad was a goner

Horrible feeling though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Fiona

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Nearly knocked down the same woman twice yesterday in a car park! :eek::eek:

Stop trying to bump off your wife thats not cool man :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Yeah especially since you proved to all of us that she washes your car while you take pictures!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Yeah especially since you proved to all of us that she washes your car while you take pictures!!

Pair of feckers! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Has anybody ever knocked down a person? I think I would actually never drive again if I did, the guilt would kill me.

I hit a Garda at a checkpoint once.....and didn't get in trouble either.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

the jl subs i bought are 500w at full power each and the other 2 speakers have 115rms....will a vibe slick a3 amp with 1300w max be able for to power them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

colm_mcm wrote: »
    robbie_998 wrote: »

also bought 2 cars today :D

Ford Focus RS

and

Jag XKR :D

Matchbox cars?

Remote control card actually :P

Can't wait to play with them :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I hit a Garda at a checkpoint once.....and didn't get in trouble either.:eek:

Did you stop:D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

the jl subs i bought are 500w at full power each and the other 2 speakers have 115rms....will a vibe slick a3 amp with 1300w max be able for to power them?

Should be, however as a general rule the amp should have at least equal rating, if not higher than the speakers/sub. If you run the whole lot at max volume for prolonged periods you'll run into trouble, however anything up to high volume will be fine.

thanks voodoo. ill probably only use one anyway. which would mean id need 8 gauge wire and whhat wattage amp?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

What gauge wire for what wire, speakers, power, ground? What are you looking to power?

max power of all speakers is 1200w (sub 500w max, 2 6.5 components at 345w max each). no idea on a ground yet. amp is 1300w max

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Did you stop:D:pac:

I did:P There was a checkpoint on the north strand in Dublin, The garda was standing on the white line between my lane and the bus lane....as I approached him he waved me on, so I accelerated, at the same instant he stood out in front of me and got a smack of the bumper......turns out he was waving on the taxi that was coming down the bus lane:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Fiona

A pillar got in my way once. And so did another persons bumper. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3244802

View2-11115158.jpeg

If only it was 2006 and the Moocow wasn't cream :(

This is more up my street, no Moocow tho, im sure i could haggle it down to just over 9 grand, don't really like red and that paint on the badge though :(

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3032143

View2-10097754.jpeg

ED30 with mad low milage o0, http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2999535

View2-9942281.jpeg

I ran over my friends foot once with the vectra !

He was grand bout it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

He was grand bout it
    The Vectra okay?

He was grand bout it
    The Vectra okay?

Sold since. So I hope not :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

He was grand bout it

This is the reason I wear riggers around my house...

OSI wrote: »
    Something not right there, it's missing the Edition 30 badge, and the ED30 had more than 200BHP

The Red '07 as had a good bit done to it, RNS510 fitted, painted VW Emblem, GTI inserts on the seat lift bar, bigger wheels etc.

And cream moocow interior is the best of the lot :P, doesn't really work with black exterior though in my opinion.

Says ED30 Spec so i dunno :p

I dunno not buying for 6 weeks or so just browsing upper limit of 9600 euros to work with, as time goes on im getting more and more nervous about buying privately but i want a golf gti so fuggit, if i can manage to get a good 06 or 07 one with leather and properly serviced dsg or tbh even manual and under 80,000 miles i will be happy enough :pac:

OSI wrote: »
    It's got all the ED30 bits (Half leather with red stiching, colour coded skirts, front lip, golf ball shifter etc) just seems a little weird you would buy a car like that, and remove the badge that makes it special and not now how it's different.

The GTI is fairly reliable tbh, the only really expensive recurring problems are the DSG (should be fine if it's serviced), and the ABS, but if that's causing issues you'll be able to see easy enough. Other issues are cheap enough.

Try and get one with a half decent set of tyres though, it really needs then on the front and I had to replace the one's mine came with within a week. Not fun shelling out €350 for new tyres on a car you just bought.

Thanks for the tip, if i could snag an ED30 i would go w/o DSG tbh. Im just keeping an eye open for a low milage weekend/enthusiasts car and not something some jackass drove like it was stolen and pref with only 1 owner

• Registered Users Posts: 10,150 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Lovely nissan micra, 1.0 price agreed just have to get it checked out by mechanic!

A perfect first/starter car for you; nice to see a mod not being too concerned to take the advice of common members. Remember, some day you'll be able to move on to something more powerful.;)

he already has a car :confused:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Marcusm wrote: »
    A perfect first/starter car for you; nice to see a mod not being too concerned to take the advice of common members. Remember, some day you'll be able to move on to something more powerful.;)

Well, it was actually a Focus ST I was looking at, but mechanic I took it to told me to avoid it. So back to drawing board really....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Well, it was actually a Focus ST I was looking at, but mechanic I took it to told me to avoid it. So back to drawing board really....:(

What was up with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Nearest NCT date is the 20th of May :eek:

I didn't realise the waiting list was so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

I think theres something that you can get a free test if the nearest date is over 3 weeks away or something!

• Advertisement

johnos1984 wrote: »
    Nearest NCT date is the 20th of May :eek:

I didn't realise the waiting list was so long.

Gah i am applying tomorrow for the test on the auld Octavia, just my luck :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement