Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Euro 2012 Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Excellent offer in Ladbrokes for the Euro's in the Top Goalscorer Market

Bet €20 or more on a scorer and they will give you a free €5 bet for every goal the player scores
    It also stands for E/W odds so you can bet €10 e/w as long as the total is €20 or more - You need to have an Odds On Card though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

handicap bets on all engerlands opposition +1

and ireland +1 vs croatia

anyone can get odds?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

-Ade- wrote: »
    Ashley Young to be England's Top Goalscorer @ 7/1 (Ladbrokes)

No Lampard, Rooney missing for the opening two games, Gerrard playing deeper and on the wane, err Carroll... yeah.

Welbeck might get the nod and it could be a worry, or possibly if England get a couple of penalties. I think Gerrard will take them till Rooney is back. But well worth chancing a tenner me thinks on Young who seems to relish the international stage. England's joint top goalscorer in qualifying too.

That is an excellent bet imo. Think I'll follow you on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

handicap bets on all engerlands opposition +1

and ireland +1 vs croatia

anyone can get odds?

Ireland +1 v Croatia 4/6
    France+1 v England is 4/11

no odds available on Bet365 as of yet for the other games

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Radonman wrote: »

Bet ?20 or more on a scorer and they will give you a free ?5 bet for every goal the player scores It also stands for E/W odds so you can bet ?10 e/w as long as the total is ?20 or more - You need to have an Odds On Card though
    now that is a good offer for a score but no more or you are better off going elsewhere for best price.

link to offer terms?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »

Bet €20 or more on a scorer and they will give you a free €5 bet for every goal the player scores
    It also stands for E/W odds so you can bet €10 e/w as long as the total is €20 or more - You need to have an Odds On Card though
    Formation wrote: »
    now that is a good offer for a score but no more or you are better off going elsewhere for best price.

link to offer terms?

Yea, i agree with you about the offer as it also adds a bit to every game your pick is playing in too but the prices are generally a bit worse (ie Torres @ 14's but @ 16's with P/P. I dont have a link as i picked up betting sheet in shop about it - available nationwide i'm sure

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Poland 11/4 to win their group. Bit large considering the group and home advantage.

Portugal same price to finish last in theirs. I just don't rate them at all.

Croatia to qualify 7/4. At the expense of Italy, they seem in disarray.

France 7/4 to win their group. I think they'll beat England and have is sewn up

What to do what to do....

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Wonder what are the odds for Ronaldo not to score a single goal for Portugal..

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

inforfun wrote: »
    Last nights friendly vs Slovakia most likely showed Hollands 4 attacking players for the Euros:

Robben - Sneijder - Affelay
    Van Persie

Affelay being the best man on the pitch.

Now if only a proper left back was born before the tournament started.

Looks like you called this right. A 6-0 win last night with Huntelaar starting on the bench. Can't see him starting now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Afellay to be Barca's top scorer at 16's is surely worth a punt. Has been in great scoring form for Netherlands

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Double:
    France
    Spain
    @ 3.68

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

An accumulator on group winners Spain, France, Russia and Germany pays 20/1 with PP.
    If you fancy a bit of reward a similar accumulator on Croatia, Greece, Germany and France pays 250/1.
    If only 1 leg fails PP will refund bet.
    Given that Germany and France are favourites to top group that has a lot of potential.

An accumulator on group winners Spain, France, Russia and Germany pays 20/1 with PP.
    If you fancy a bit of reward a similar accumulator on Croatia, Greece, Germany and France pays 250/1.
    Given that Germany and France are favourites to top group that has a lot of potential.

I did that bet this morning but didnt hear about the offer. Will I get the refund?

Have the same bet as you except Poland instead of Russia

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

BETFRED - Benzema enhanced to 4/1 to be France's top scorer at Euro 2012, offer ends 2pm

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Afellay to be Barca's top scorer at 16's is surely worth a punt. Has been in great scoring form for Netherlands

He is playing well.
    He is also having the "benefit" of being really fit for this tournament after being out for 8 months. No heavy full season in the legs.

Great bet i think, can see any Barca player with 2 goals winning the barca top scorer bet and Affelay certainly has a big chance of just doing that.

Only scored 5 in 38 though for Holland but have to mention those 5 came in his last 9. And only now will be really seen as first choice, most of the 38 he came off he bench.

Where does one make those "top scorer of their club during Euro2012" bets?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

ShaneU wrote: »
    BETFRED - Benzema enhanced to 4/1 to be France's top scorer at Euro 2012, offer ends 2pm

It is one of their promotions. I saw it on their Android App.

inforfun wrote: »

He is playing well.
    He is also having the "benefit" of being really fit for this tournament after being out for 8 months. No heavy full season in the legs.

Great bet i think, can see any Barca player with 2 goals winning the barca top scorer bet and Affelay certainly has a big chance of just doing that.

Only scored 5 in 38 though for Holland but have to mention those 5 came in his last 9. And only now will be really seen as first choice, most of the 38 he came off he bench.

Where does one make those "top scorer of their club during Euro2012" bets?

Paddy Power. Never saw in store. I use my phone for all my betting.

6/1 now. FFS, either I read it wrong or a serious amount of money has been put on him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

I like Iniesta to be player of the tournament at 14/1. I'm not just going by his performance against a well-organised China. I just reckon he'll run the show yet again in Spain's midfield and have a great Euros.

6/1 now. FFS, either I read it wrong or a serious amount of money has been put on him

He has been the best Dutch player in both last friendlies.
    Dont think you saw it wrong.
    PP had it wrong with the 16/1

Van Marwijk has a soft spot for Affelay. Dont think many other players would have been selected after not playing the entire season.
    He rates him amongst Van Persie and Sneijder as it comes to being important for the team.

6/1 is still value i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 nadasky08

Made a few quid of the Player of the Tournament betting for the World Cup and Euro 2008. I see Mesut Ozil is 10/1 in some places but top price 14/1. Gonna have a few pound on that!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

Afellay is 12/1 with Stan James to be top Barca scorer (10/1 with Victor Chandler)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭EDudder

Surely that's great value.

Famous last words but it's hard to see that going wrong. And at most, you would imagine only one to go wrong.

We'll wait and see though haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Holland at 2/1 to win out their group. They should be near enough joint favs for that with Germany. Instead Germany are the ridiculous price of Evens, leaving the Dutch as a bit of value

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Holland at 2/1 to win out their group. They should be near enough joint favs for that with Germany. Instead Germany are the ridiculous price of Evens, leaving the Dutch as a bit of value

Holland - Denmark H2H

Holland - Germany H2H

Holland - Portugal H2H

Said it earlier in this thread, those are not great H2H stats.
    Holland will have done well when they get out of that group, dont even want to think about winning the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

The more I think about it 6/4 France to beat England looks a great bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

England to finish last in their group is 5/1

and England to get 0 points is 40/1 (not impossible).

Afflay top Barcelona scorer 12/1.

all with stan james.

Anyone got an opinion on the England bets?
    My thinking is its their worst squad of players they have brought
    to a championship and it could all go badly wrong for them.

• Advertisement

I think England will do better than people are making out. For the first time in ages they have a class goalkeeper. They are solid at the back and if Hodgson sets them up right they wont concede much. They also have pace in Young and Walcott and Wellbeck looks in good form. I expect them to get out of group at least. All depends how good France are. Are they overrated. Their midfield is meant to be weak and I think Mvilla picked up an injury. Nasri, Rivery wont do much defending.

Advertisement