Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rammstein at the 02 Dublin Feb. 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,385 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

been watching lots of the clips from the gig on youtube, it looked like a fantastic show and the intro, holy crap, the best I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I cant remember which song it was...but Till walked over to Pauls mic stand, looked directly at it and floored it with a headbutt! We were seated so we had a clear view of the whole thing and everybody around us just burst out laughing.

Ya, it did happen. It was in the 1st hour too

• Registered Users Posts: 5 horses4courses

I flew from Germany to the gig. flew back yesterday evening after the gig. flew to Austria this morning. and all with a wave of white noise in my ears. I think they call it NIHL (Noise Induced Hearing Loss) - well it was worth every penny and minute of it. Great to see a band ready to give a no holes barred performance like that and not give a toss about what anyone thinks. the enormity of the performance ! brilliant.:D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

been watching lots of the clips from the gig on youtube, it looked like a fantastic show and the intro, holy crap, the best I've ever seen.

The last time I felt such deep bass vibrations going up my legs as they did at this gig was at a Space Shuttle launch 18 months ago..............

• Registered Users Posts: 19 smashedhat

Fair play to ya, I flew to Prague and Manchester in recent years. If I had the money I'd have gone to England this time as well. So delighted we got the full stage show and weren't short-changed. The lack of a separate pit was a huge surprise and really helped make the gig. Never thought I'd see a rock gig in o2 without separate pit. They really ruin the atmosphere, you need everyone together

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 smashedhat

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    I was a little bit disappointed in the gig at the start as I wanted a bit of a mosh. There didn't seem to be anyone moshing due to the fact that half the people seemed busy taking bad photos on their camera phones, which I don't understand. Why can they not just be in the moment? Any moshing that started was soon stopped by 'mosh police'.

But....the fact that I couldn't mosh meant I could watch the show, which was awesome (in the truest sense of the word). They used more firepower than was deployed in the last two gulf wars, and it wasn't just for some songs, or just at the end of the song, it was constant. Those guys must be doused in some flame retartant chemicals (especially Till Lindeman, who stood under a hail of sparks for a full minute at one point). I thought they would finish with Engel and the wing suit (shooting flames...what else?). But instead they ended on a humourous note by playing 'Pussy' and shooting foam from a c**k cannon. Obviously they don' take themselves too seriously.

Incredible performance and an astonishing show. I hope we gave them enough of a reception so they will return.

(Oh yeah, and Christian Lorenz playing keyboard on a treadmill, hilarious!)
    Regarding the photo taking I completely agree, it's retarded - just go mental and enjoy it. I love to watch video clips on Youtube after a good gig - but clips from people who were in seating, who can actually record decent enough footage and photos. On the ground floor your job is to go crazy and enjoy it - nothing else. I was about 4 layers of people from the barrier. To join in a mosh pit ya have to drop back further where space opens out a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Deesy

Lads, some video here as well

more video in account
    automatic sound recorder level for camcorder went mad. as same as i. was deaf for 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭budgemook

Deesy wrote: »

more video in account
    automatic sound recorder level for camcorder went mad. as same as i. was deaf for 2 days.

best videos i've seen. Shame about the sound.

Nice set of videos, I second the call for 'Sonne'. Your videos are in very clear, there are an awful lot of low quality no zoom videos on youtube (iPhone or similar I assume)

I am happy with my own videos, the sound worked out well. Wasn't sure beforehand how it would work out. Being in the seats meant the camera got less of a sonic battering.

Your videos really capture the sound of the crowd, my 'Du Hast' doesn't quite have the same sound levels. (Still feckin' uploading, forgot to switch off HD recording on the camera!!!) Gonna convert the others when I get a chance.

Tenger wrote: »
    My videos aren't too bad. Being in the seats meant the camera got less of a sonic battering.

Your videos really capture the sound of the crowd, my Du Hast doesn't quite have the same sound levels. (Still feckin' uploading, forgot to switch off HD recording on the camera!!!)

did not see you video, so did not say it's bad ;-)

i converted all 1080p to 720 mp4 (which dropped size a lot) before to upload them to utube

thanks to spiralism i did put names for video. actually was surprised as i recorded all videos but from his list looks like i missed few (as Sonne from begin) will double check camera tonight about missing parts, but this would not surprise me ;-)

• Advertisement

did not see you video, so did not say it's bad ;-)

i converted all 1080p to 720 mp4 (which dropped size a lot) before to upload them to utube

thanks to spiralism i did put names for video. actually was surprised as i recorded all videos but from his list looks like i missed few (as Sonne from begin) will double check camera tonight about missing parts, but this would not surprise me ;-)

The quality of your videos are class. Other videos you can't even see the flames, just bright flashes. If you had Sonne, that would be savage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

Here's one of my attempts at a video, shaky hands didn't help.

Tenger wrote: »
    Here's one of my attempts at a video, shaky hands didn't help.

remove all rubbish between youtube tags, put pure url
    [ YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZMaNRRhZCE&feature=player_embedded[ /YOUTUBE]
    which will be like you need

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Merowig

Does anyone know if an official recording of the concert was made? I know it is unlikely but I would love to have it on DVD or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Sepulchre17

I can't imagine there was an official recording, I didn't see any cameras. The only recording they might have made was an audio one from the sounddesk feed. Pearl Jam and Metallica do that ant every gig and you can download them as an album after the gig, wish more bands did

Merowig wrote: »
    Does anyone know if an official recording of the concert was made? I know it is unlikely but I would love to have it on DVD or so.

There will be an official recording at 1-2 of the gigs but no sign of it in the O2.

Yeah they were bound to record some footage of the tour for DVD. With the money pumped into that show they'd be mad not to to be honest. Shame not the o2, the atmosphere was electric.

I know bands will always say "The atmosphere in <insert country here> is the best ever" but I think there is an element of truth in it for Ireland. England too to be fair. Having been to gigs in lots of countries my favourite is Ireland so O2 would have been great for DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

did any of the band thank the crowd or talk in english.

I watched Metal Evolution and all the interviews with the band were done in german (so id imagine they cant speak english too well)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

PTH2009 wrote: »

I watched Metal Evolution and all the interviews with the band were done in german (so id imagine they cant speak english too well)
    Yes, both

Several times.. And it was genuine too..

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »

i didnt really notice ,i was to busy havin a good time ,but at the end, till aid in english, we love you dublin thank you , and in my opinion ,them bowing on one knee with a hand over their heart , said it all for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I didn't mention this earlier but I have to say that I was surprised and pleased at the great turn out for this. All the seat sections were used and The O2 looked more than 80%-90% full, which is more than I was expecting. Also first gig I've been to where the vast majority in the seated area stood for the whole concert. In retrospect I regret not going out of the way for standing tickets, cos I missed part of the show on the B stage from where I was seated. Anyway: first gig over here, hopefully it won't be their last.

i was surprised that everyone seated was standing , great tho, where i was the stuart tried telling people to sit down, and he got a swift fcuk off haha

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

There definitely looked to be mics set up near the corners of the stage to record the crowd from what I could see so you never know!

Some more reviews

Good review and includes as well the set list for Deathstars:

http://nipunk.weebly.com/rammstein-live-in-dublin-27022012.html
    Rammstein + Deathstars, live
    @ 02 Arena, Dublin, 27/02/12

http://www.famemagazine.co.uk/2012/02/28/rammstein-rock-dublin/
    Rammstein Rock Dublin

http://insideireland.ie/2012/02/29/rammstein-review-58263/
    Rammstein rock Dublin’s O2

http://www.goldenplec.com/reviews/review-rammstein-at-the-o2/
    Review: Rammstein at The O2

rather short:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/theticket/2012/0302/1224312623506.html
    The Ticket gig of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

One of the best nights of my life.

Seein' Sonne live in concert will live wit' me till the day I die.

Still get teary eyed when I think about it as always wanted to see Rammstein.

Words don't do justice to just what an amazin' concert it truly was.

Thank you so much Rammstein for makin' this mans dream come true!!!

budgemook wrote: »
    Yeah they were bound to record some footage of the tour for DVD. With the money pumped into that show they'd be mad not to to be honest. Shame not the o2, the atmosphere was electric.

I know bands will always say "The atmosphere in <insert country here> is the best ever" but I think there is an element of truth in it for Ireland. England too to be fair. Having been to gigs in lots of countries my favourite is Ireland so O2 would have been great for DVD.

The French gig in Bercy was filmed for DVD release.

http://www.neo-rammstein.com/news196-compte-rendu-du-double-concert-de-paris-bercy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

smashedhat wrote: »
    Regarding the photo taking I completely agree, it's retarded - just go mental and enjoy it. I love to watch video clips on Youtube after a good gig - but clips from people who were in seating, who can actually record decent enough footage and photos. On the ground floor your job is to go crazy and enjoy it - nothing else. I was about 4 layers of people from the barrier. To join in a mosh pit ya have to drop back further where space opens out a bit

No, it isn't retarded if it is done properly. I am delighted with my photos from the concerts I've been to, and I love being able to catch the highlights on youtube. And secondly, no, don't 'just go mental'.
    There are worse people at a concert then the photographer...the ignorant, inconsiderate mosher is what I hate at concerts. I can not count the amount of conflicts I have had with these people and their only retort being 'like, you shouldn't be at a metal gig if you don't like this'.

Atleast the pseudo photographers won't be bashing into you like a big dumb ape.

smashedhat wrote: »

No, it isn't retarded if it is done properly. I am delighted with my photos from the concerts I've been to, and I love being able to catch the highlights on youtube. And secondly, no, don't 'just go mental'.
    There are worse people at a concert then the photographer...the ignorant, inconsiderate mosher is what I hate at concerts. I can not count the amount of conflicts I have had with these people and their only retort being 'like, you shouldn't be at a metal gig if you don't like this'.

Atleast the pseudo photographers won't be bashing into you like a big dumb ape.
    If you're anywhere near the front you should expect moshing around you. That's the way it's been since the start of gigs.

Would you prefer if everyone just stood there not moving keeping out of the way of the photographers?

This is what the bands want too, I've been to a couple of heavier gigs that were quiet in terms of moshing at the front and the bands call out to the crowd to start feckin moving.

I've no problem with photographers at gigs but if I'm moshing at a gig along with others and someone tells me to stop they can fook right off. If you can't take the heat piss off down the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

budgemook wrote: »
    If you're anywhere near the front you should expect moshing around you. That's the way it's been since the start of gigs.

Would you prefer if everyone just stood there not moving keeping out of the way of the photographers?

I've no problem with photographers at gigs but if I'm moshing at a gig along with others and someone tells me to stop they can fook right off. If you can't take the heat piss off down the back.
    I don't go near the front because I know how gigs work and I don't care what everybody else does so long as it doesn't effect my night. I just want to enjoy the concert that I spent my hard earned money on, I think that's fair.

Can't take 'the heat'? Keep that attitude up and sooner or later you will bash into the wrong person, or his girlfriend. Then it will be you who will have to 'piss off down the back' because you 'can't take the heat'.

Advertisement