Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Rubberbandits get Channel 4 Pilot show

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

Lads/Ladies/mask wearing friends. if you wish to discuss an on thread mod note please PM the mod in question or if they are not available another mod. Discussing it on thread only leads to the thread being pulled off topic and ruined for everyone.

Dannyriver ill let IO pick up on this one if he wishes otherwise lets consider the matter closed on thread.

Everyone else. please proceed with your discussion on the banditios....

That s fine with me either way point made by you and me both. Peace. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Dannyriver wrote: »
    No bother like I said in an earlier post I know the 2 lads since school days, [prank phone calls] and have been a fan since then, you re right I don t have an interest in discussing any other other issue on here. I joined to counteract some of the begrudgery and misinterpretations of the Bandits at the time of Horse outside and have done so since. The only time I come on here is when there is Bandits news just to see what s being said. When I disagree I reply, and then any other replies to that thread I am notified automatically in my email and I reply again. I have never instigated a thread about the Bandits and dont 'soap box' or 'campaign' on their behalf.

smile.gif

Begrudgery and Misinterpretations? Misinterpretations? So, you're saying I'm thick? Or can't grasp their humour?

Anyone else could think you are on here campaigning, and who is to know you are not on other forums monitoring bandits talk? Knowing the RB management, it wouldn't surprise me either. (I mean that in a good way)
    I knew you must have been in the "inner circle". You also pretty much made a list of assumptions on how crap my life is just because I didn't "get" the bandits. I don't have to "get" them and that's not begrudgery.

I could equally lambaste your life just because you are a RB fan and make assumptions about your private life from what I know....

You see, it's the attitude of "you must be rather stupid if you don't get the RB, it's your loss......" that turns me right off them...........
    How about "It doesn't float my boat"....
    Maybe you are part of their management? Maybe you are part of their "entourage". Maybe you are part of their backing band or their support band/entourage?
    I have been told many times some of the music I have been involved in is rubbish, and that's fine. I don't go online fiercely defending it. I don't really care........

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TONY DAY

So you are a musician yourself Seachto!! Interesting!!

TONY DAY wrote: »
    So you are a musician yourself Seachto!! Interesting!!

What's your point then? Music I am into and play is completely unrelated in sound and genre to anything the RB ever did or any "hip hop". So if you're trying to say I am jealous of their success, you're way off mark and bang out of order.

I wish them well whatever comes to them, doesn't mean I have to get a hard on over them though...

Comparing me to them on a musical level alone is like comparing a professional squash player to a professional rower. Never shall they meet or cross paths, simply down to what they are doing (even if both were selling bucketloads...)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TONY DAY

I disagree Seachto i think your raging with jealousy. Anyone with a brain can spot the begrudgery and desire to see them fail in your posts!! This suggests something far deeper to me than an actual dislike of their Music.
    Bit of advice keep working at what your doing and maybe some day people might pay to come and watch you perform.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

so you're happy at eejits for making money whilst the rest of us worry about paying the gas bill or the new water or household charges. deary me
    maybe the people worrying about the gas bill are the eejits?

TONY DAY wrote: »
    I disagree Seachto i think your raging with jealousy. Anyone with a brain can spot the begrudgery and desire to see them fail in your posts!! This suggests something far deeper to me than an actual dislike of their Music.
    Bit of advice keep working at what your doing and maybe some day people might pay to come and watch you perform.

Jes*s Christ. Go back over any of my posts, and read them again.......
    In my last post I even said "I wish them well". What part of "I wish them well" do you not understand?
    I think they are a novelty act, some will disagree. That is not to say they cannot be a very successful novelty act, more power to them.
    Is their longevity in it? Who knows.......

Who the heck are you to give me advice on music or anything?

You seem to just come on and pull people on anything that might be negative about Limerick....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

who?
    that screeching whiney hasbeen?
    that overhyped nomark?

please! these guys who hold nothing to your gervais, sessions,merchants etc
    great british talent

seems all you have to do in ireland is put a dunnes bag over your head, talk in a scumbag accent and rap about hash to be funny. (on topic)

Sessions - for fcuk sake....gervais even had a skit in the office talking about his favourite "comedians" where he throws in sessions at the end of his list.

Seriously man the Irish are known the world over for their humour.

mfceiling wrote: »

The why are most of our stand up comedians sh*t?!!

Podge and Rodge was the last good comedy on RTE!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Fair play to Seachto in this thread for trying to debate his pov without resorting to snide personal digs which a few others have aimed at him and who have been allowed to do so.

I don't agree with everything he has said in this thread, but kudos to him for staying civil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭source

seachto7 wrote: »
    mfceiling wrote: »

The why are most of our stand up comedians sh*t?!!

Podge and Rodge was the last good comedy on RTE!

You mean our stand up commedians like Dara O'Briain, Tommy Tiernan, Ardal O'Hanlan and Dylan Moran who play in sold out theatres all over the world?

Obviously you're right and the thousands who pay to see them and think they're hilarious are wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

TONY DAY infraction for breach or peace and forum charter. Lads and ladies if you have an issue with a post please report them. Also this is my 3rd time posting on this thread as a mod and IO has also had to post as a mod. If we cant continue to discuss this in a civil manner then I will be left with no choice but to close the thread if it its brought to a mods attention again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

seachto7 wrote: »
    Begrudgery and Misinterpretations? Misinterpretations? So, you're saying I'm thick? Or can't grasp their humour?

Anyone else could think you are on here campaigning, and who is to know you are not on other forums monitoring bandits talk? Knowing the RB management, it wouldn't surprise me either. (I mean that in a good way)
    I knew you must have been in the "inner circle". You also pretty much made a list of assumptions on how crap my life is just because I didn't "get" the bandits. I don't have to "get" them and that's not begrudgery.

I could equally lambaste your life just because you are a RB fan and make assumptions about your private life from what I know....

You see, it's the attitude of "you must be rather stupid if you don't get the RB, it's your loss......" that turns me right off them...........
    How about "It doesn't float my boat"....
    Maybe you are part of their management? Maybe you are part of their "entourage". Maybe you are part of their backing band or their support band/entourage?
    I have been told many times some of the music I have been involved in is rubbish, and that's fine. I don't go online fiercely defending it. I don't really care........

Jesus seachto I was ready to leave this go

Misinterpretations? Misinterpretations?

I do believe you are misinterpreting their work and I also do believe that their success upsets you.

So, you're saying I'm thick? Or can't grasp their humour?

When did I say you are thick, when did I say you can t grasp the humour? I merely suggested you read a particular piece of work because I know that said work is Blindboy's comedic bible and by reading it you will get a better idea of the grandad sketch [if you want to get a better idea of it that is, which I don t believe you do which again is your own prerogative] I'm not suggesting your grasp is less than its reach. I've no reason to believe I'm smarter than you or you me. I guess musically it would be like giving someone who doesn't get the Byrds a Beatles and a Gram Parsons album as a conduit.

I knew you must have been in the "inner circle".

The inner circle? They are not real Bandits you do know that. I'm a friend of theirs and have been for years. I'm delighted for them and know how hard they work. I knew when they first showed me the prank calls that they were going to be successful, and before there were any boards.ie I defended them when nay sayers suggested that all they did was make a few phone calls taking the piss and that anyone could do that. 10 Years later they re going to have their own show on TV with a major network in a foreign country and there are still people in this town that are saying anyone can put a bag on their heads and say **** and ****. So I come on here and challenge that assumption/misinterpretation of their work. No Inner circle no conspiracy theory just straight forward support of some extremely talented friends who I've always believed in.

"you must be rather stupid if you don't get the RB, it's your loss......"

Why is that line in parenthesis I didn t say that did anyone say that to you on here. Do you work for the daily mail by any chance. If someone did say that to you why are you telling me about it.

I didn't lambaste your private life I know nothing about it other than you play music in a cover band. If you want to lambaste my private life work away.

I have been told many times some of the music I have been involved in is rubbish, and that's fine.

I'm sure it is, fine I mean :)

source wrote: »
    You mean our stand up commedians like Dara O'Briain, Tommy Tiernan, Ardal O'Hanlan and Dylan Moran who play in sold out theatres all over the world?

Obviously you're right and the thousands who pay to see them and think they're hilarious are wrong.

Those lads are top class, no doubt about it, but we are subjected to many more absolutely rubbish ones on RTE and Irish radio 99% of the time. Irish sitcom? Give me a break.
    Father Ted, IT Crowd, etc I know are written by an Irish guy, but are more or less UK tv shows...

Shur aren't we great craic in this country? We're a hoot in the pub langersed off our heads! But for some reason, we can't really really do comedy, or can we? I wouldn't mind every Irish lad I know has managed to charm the trousers off foreign women in their day with the "bit of craic"......:confused:

I am not for one saying everything I posted on this thread is right, but it's my opinion. Two posters seemed to have been able to analyze my life and lack of it based on me not liking a Limerick act. FFS.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

And we are done here. Dannyriver you were warned several time to leave it go on thread.
    I may consider cleaning this up and reopening it in a couple of days once people have had time to chill.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement