Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Voice Of Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

^^^Link?

Lets just hope that they get better judges than the talent(less) show.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Colmo52 wrote: »
    ^^^Link?

:( Do you not trust me?

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0713/thevoiceofireland.html
    RTÉ Television confirmed today that new show The Voice of Ireland, will be airing next season.

The show, which will replace The All-Ireland Talent Show, will create a competition that celebrates the best voices in Ireland.

The Voice, which is judged by Christina Aguilera and Adam Levine in the US, is the freshest talent show taking the world by storm and has already been a huge hit in both Holland and the US.

Commissioned from Screentime Shinawil Productions for RTÉ Television, the series will air in the new season.

The talent search, will see celebrity coaches picking a team of singers without seeing what they look like first, thus basing their choice purely on the quality of their voice. The judges and their acts will then do battle against each other and enter the live final stages.

Those who make it through will be coached by top recording artists and the winner of the show will be offered a recording contract with Universal Music.

Steve Carson, Director of Programmes for RTÉ Television said, "We are delighted to be able to bring a stand-out new entertainment series to Irish audiences.

This show is all about giving expert advice and support to new Irish voices - with a guaranteed recording contract up for grabs.

We believe that it will tap into the rich tradition of superb vocalists for which Ireland is famous."

"The All Ireland Talent Show showcased a wide range of Irish talent over its three-year run, and attracted big audiences of all ages."

Elmo wrote: »
    :( Do you not trust me?

I was just surprised that RTE made a smart move and axed that piece of shît.

Colmo52 wrote: »
    I was just surprised that RTE made a smart move and axed that piece of shît.

I don't know if it is all that smart going up against the BBC version. Unless shinawhil are plan some expensive studio for the show.

Helix here we come. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Heroditas

The Voice, which is judged by Christina Aguilera and Adam Levine in the US, is the freshest talent show taking the world by storm and has already been a huge hit in both Holland and the US.

....until Shinawil and RTÉ get their hands on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭doomed

I haven't seen it
    I never heard of it
    but
    I know it is better than the all Ireland talent show.

At least we wont have a z list celeb telling us to vote for some tap dancing 10 year because he's from the same part of the country as we are.

In terms of production Tyrone did a good job (except for that spinny camera thing :rolleyes: ) much better than any of the You're A Stars. IMO the Talent format isn't a good one, Britain's Got Talent is no more than a lighting and fireworks display at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

apparently ratings have been excellent for the all ireland talent show regardless of the talent on show . im slightly disappointed , thought we got to see some really good raw talent from parts of the country that hardly get a look in media wise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

The All Ireland talent show would have been watchable if it wasn't for the "Judges" and their truly cringe worthy efforts.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Any word on the who the coaches are yet?

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Any word on the who the coaches are yet?

Brian Ormond and Grainne Seoige to present.

Andrew Strong and one of the Corr Sisters, suggested so far.

According to the Hearld.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 townparks

Elmo wrote: »
    Brian Ormond and Grainne Seoige to present.

Andrew Strong and one of the Corr Sisters, suggested so far.

According to the Hearld.

Not bad for choices imo

I just hope no Brian McFadden

Nicky Byrne from Westlife is rumoured for a presenting role

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

calex71 wrote: »
    The All Ireland talent show would have been watchable if it wasn't for the "Judges".
    Enough said there. :D

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0825/thomask.html
    Kathryn Thomas has been announced as the presenter of new RTÉ talent search show The Voice of Ireland. The series starts early in 2012 and Kathryn will be joined by newcomer Eoghan McDermott, currently presenting on UK radio and TG4, who will be the backstage presenter.

"I'm delighted - completely thrilled! It's a huge gig for me; a really big step. It's the kind of show that I've always longed to host. This is the best news. I can't wait!" said Thomas who was on holiday in Ibiza when she heard the news

The Voice format has already been a hit in Holland and the United States. It offers a unique twist on traditional talent shows, with celebrity coaches picking a team of singers sight unseen, purely on the quality of their voice, before they do battle against each other and enter the live final stages.

Those who make it through will be coached by top recording artists and the winner of the show will be offered a recording contract with Universal Music.

The application process will be opened to the public next week and the four celebrity coaches will be revealed at a later date.

Good choices but Kathrine Thomas will need to give up winning streak or op trans just in case she becomes the new carrie crowley.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

Interesting.
    The prize being a record deal makes me believe it'll have to be actual talent selected to be credible for Universal to release.

Interesting.
    The prize being a record deal makes me believe it'll have to be actual talent selected to be credible for Universal to release.

You would think that but XFactor is always surprising ;)

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Nicky Byrne from Westlife is rumoured for a presenting role

Now rumoured for a coaching role

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Kathrine Thomas presenting? Not bothered by that either way, guess thats Seoige out in the cold , shouldn't have left her GMTV job ;) No doubt RTE will find something else for her.

calex71 wrote: »
    Kathrine Thomas presenting? Not bothered by that either way, guess thats Seoige out in the cold , shouldn't have left her GMTV job ;) No doubt RTE will find something else for her.

She is presenting about 5 or 6 different programmes in the 'new season'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Sounds like a great show, such a shame Kathryn Thomas though cant stick her :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

It'd be good if they got a completely fresh face to present it rather than rehashing the same old presenters everytime. I mean Kathryn Thomas is fine but seriously RTE let's give some new talent a chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

Did you know the concept of the voice was stolen from an Irish lad(my brother btw).check out the link.I remember him telling me about this 4/5 years ago and I laughed and said it would never work.Shows you what I know.
    http://therealvoiceofamerica.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

leahyl wrote: »
    It'd be good if they got a completely fresh face to present it rather than rehashing the same old presenters everytime. I mean Kathryn Thomas is fine but seriously RTE let's give some new talent a chance!

Totally aggree with you here. Fresh talent show why not start with a fresh presenter :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Its funny i know of about 8 young women who can sing wow and they never go for any of the shows like x factor etc..
    Hopefully they will go on this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭houndsoflove

Anyone know where the auditions will be held or when?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭BlackBlade

Hopefully they dont make an arse of it with terrible D4 judges...
    All RTE shows are just so false or something I hope they get this one right!
    if it looks good I might even give it a lash!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

BlackBlade wrote: »
    Hopefully they dont make an arse of it with terrible D4 judges...
    All RTE shows are just so false or something I hope they get this one right!
    if it looks good I might even give it a lash!

Do you mean actually go on and audition?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement