Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Free Ireland Map and cheap petrol

• 02-05-2011 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if it's all Applegreen Petrol Stations but the one in Ballinteer (near Superquinn) are doing a Free Ireland road with every €40 worth of fuel bought.
    Petrol 151.7 a litre today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Free map perhaps but cheap petrol? Don't know about that.

I got my free map on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭brianthomas

It's cheaper than the rest at the moment. And i'm in clondalkin. Best I see is 1.53

Clondalkin in Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Mad money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

It's cheaper than the rest at the moment. And i'm in clondalkin. Best I see is 1.53
    Sure the one in dublin city centre by the liffey is 149.9 so I doubt 151.7 is cheap.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It is nationwide afaik, I saw it advertised at other applegreens too, same deal. The petrol was 152.9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭twistyj

has anyone noticed the city deal diesel stations that have been surfacing? Theres 1 in limerick city and tipperary town. Diesel only and its 138.9 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25 nowimtalkin

twistyj wrote: »
    has anyone noticed the city deal diesel stations that have been surfacing? Theres 1 in limerick city and tipperary town. Diesel only and its 138.9 :D

Saw the one in Limerick city. Was talking to a taxi driver who said he wasn't happy with the quality of fuel from there. However, to each their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

146.9 in Ardee!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Diesel 139.9 in Ardee, and same price in Edgeworthstown. The thread has turned into pumps.ie!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

If you're in Ballincollig, avoid Applegreen. Go to Browne's on the Lee Road by the Inniscarra Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Well it was cheap compared to some ******* charging 154.9 a litre :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I don't like using apple green. I find I get more miles with topaz, maybe 15 more miles per fill, no sh't.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Saw the one in Limerick city. Was talking to a taxi driver who said he wasn't happy with the quality of fuel from there. However, to each their own.

I'd seriously heed any advice re fuel you get from taximen- they are some of the bigger purchasers of fuel and probably have a good idea of the state of play. There is a shocking amount of washed diesel in the system at the moment (some estimates suggest as much as 2 million litres at any one time nationwide). The acid used to wash the diesel may not be fully neutralised- which means over time (and it tends to be a relatively short period of time) you wear away the engine on the vehicle.

Cheap fuel is all well and good- but you have to know that its from a reputable garage, and have confidence in the quality of the fuel you're purchasing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 niall_f

this sound realy nice, i've got to take my map ;dd

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭stek

The map is fairly crappy. Does not show most of the secondary roads and is covered with adverts...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 niall_f

stek wrote: »
    The map is fairly crappy. Does not show most of the secondary roads and is covered with adverts...

Thanks for info, now i will consider this option : d

Advertisement