Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Current best value Android Huawei Ascend G300

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭0066ad

Nope, should I?

You are going to have to reinstall infusion from cwm this
    time wipe data/cache go to advanced and wipe dalvik cache
    and also battery stats that should do it:)

and when you are in advanced just use the back button
    to go back to choose install from sd

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Yugioh

I have a problem where you can't access the internet outside of being connected to wifi despite mobile data being turned on.

Keeps on saying no internet connection. Am running the new Huawei 934 update. Happened before when I was on 926 ics. Any ideas?

Yugioh wrote: »
    I have a problem where you can't access the internet outside of being connected to wifi despite mobile data being turned on.

Keeps on saying no internet connection. Am running the new Huawei 934 update. Happened before when I was on 926 ics. Any ideas?

Are your vpn settings correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

0066ad wrote: »
    You are going to have to reinstall infusion from cwm this
    time wipe data/cache go to advanced and wipe dalvik cache
    and also battery stats that should do it:)

and when you are in advanced just use the back button
    to go back to choose install from sd

I went and tried wiping the data/cache and the dalvik cache before reading this latest post and it started up. So, didn't do the battery stats, will that matter a lot?

Are your vpn settings correct?

I haven't touched vpn settings. Do I need that for accessing 3G?

• Advertisement

I went and tried wiping the data/cache and the dalvik cache before reading this latest post and it started up. So, didn't do the battery stats, will that matter a lot?

No it wont matter its just i wipe them also, habbit. so u are up and running?

No it wont matter its just i wipe them also, habbit. so u are up and running?

Up and running man, gracias!

So, download titanium again from Play, and get the Apps back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I haven't touched vpn settings. Do I need that for accessing 3G?
    No you don't . It's the APN settings you should check. For what it's worth mine is set to Vodafone IE-ISP and my data connection works fine.

Up and running man, gracias!

So, download titanium again from Play, and get the Apps back?

Ive never used titanium so cant comment, glad to hear you got it
    working hope u didnt panic too much it's a bad feeling when you
    think you have messed up

Adyx wrote: »
    No you don't . It's the APN settings you should check. For what it's worth mine is set to Vodafone IE-ISP and my data connection works fine.

ahhh apn thanks for correcting it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pa limerick

There is the huawei ascend G330 it's a dual core and has a front facing camera and it is not dual sim like the Ascend G330D. The ascend G330 is probly going to be the upgrade from the G300

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

There is the huawei ascend G330 it's a dual core and has a front facing camera and it is not dual sim like the Ascend G330D. The ascend G330 is probly going to be the upgrade from the G300

But will Vodafone stock it..... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Should be noted this update is a doddle to do and requires no fannying about with rooting etc.
    Download file - unzip - copy dload folder to sd card. Settings>storage> software upgrade and that's it. Just backup everything first.
    Works great - no bloat sound and camera much improved much smoother operation. Battery life slightly better but not much.
    The Huawei customised UI is not on this version however just standard stock Android UI so if you like that might be best to wait for the OTA from Vodafone which I hear is coming within a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Does anyone know how to get flash player working on this phone. Is it a browser setting or what. I had downloaded the flash player but nothing happens when I try to view video online,

Just wanna say thanks very much to Adyx, jgbyr and 0066ad yesterday for the help.

After using Infusion since yesterday, I decided I didn't really like it all that much. So, (not sure if it was correct), I downloaded the "standard" B936 from Modaco and flash installed that just there this morning.

Hopefully I like this more eh? :)

Great thanks. Wasn't aware of the APN settings. Problem solved

jgbyr wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to get flash player working on this phone. Is it a browser setting or what. I had downloaded the flash player but nothing happens when I try to view video online,

I don't have it working either but I know you have to have a flash supporting browser such as dolphin. Don't have it working though- if anyone has any knowledge it'd be great appreciated.

Great thanks. Wasn't aware of the APN settings. Problem solved

I don't have it working either but I know you have to have a flash supporting browser such as dolphin. Don't have it working though- if anyone has any knowledge it'd be great appreciated.
    I use Opera Mobile and it works fine. By default it just shows a sort of placeholder which you click to get the video to appear so maybe your browser has something similar. It can be changed in Opera to work normally but I left it as it makes Boards easier to browse.

I use Opera Mobile and it works fine. By default it just shows a sort of placeholder which you click to get the video to appear so maybe your browser has something similar. It can be changed in Opera to work normally but I left it as it makes Boards easier to browse.

I also use Opera but it doesn't work. Wonder what's wrong. Did you do anything to the settings to get it up & running.
    Just checked in the default browser & it works but when load rte player in Opera it says I need Flash. Strange

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pa limerick

But will Vodafone stock it..... :confused:
    I say they will because it was annonced in IFA Berlin this week

• Advertisement

I also use Opera but it doesn't work. Wonder what's wrong. Did you do anything to the settings to get it up & running.
    Just checked in the default browser & it works but when load rte player in Opera it says I need Flash. Strange
    The only setting I can see is in Advanced > Adobe Flash and I have it set to Click to play. Have you tried reinstalling Flash? Or even Opera itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭wackojacko

Whats the difference between b934 stock (which i have on my phone) b934 infusion and the new huawei update. On my b934 i get the message unfortunately calendar storage has stopped working.

Is it true you WON'T be able to install any official Vodafone OTA updates to to the OTA update looking for a Gungerbread ID?.....as once you update to ICS the ID changes?

wackojacko wrote: »
    Whats the difference between b934 stock (which i have on my phone) b934 infusion and the new huawei update. On my b934 i get the message unfortunately calendar storage has stopped working.
    I wouldn't say there is any difference except that it's now officially released. It's still B934.
    Is it true you WON'T be able to install any official Vodafone OTA updates to to the OTA update looking for a Gungerbread ID?.....as once you update to ICS the ID changes?
    Sounds about right. I certainly didn't get any notification about the recent ota maintenance update.

The only setting I can see is in Advanced > Adobe Flash and I have it set to Click to play. Have you tried reinstalling Flash? Or even Opera itself.

Thanks but I don't have that setting. Reinstalled opera & flash but it made no difference.

Thanks but I don't have that setting. Reinstalled opera & flash but it made no difference.
    Are you sure it's Opera Mobile you have and not Opera Mini? As far as I know Opera Mini doesn't support Flash.

Are you sure it's Opera Mobile you have and not Opera Mini? As far as I know Opera Mini doesn't support Flash.

Doh stupid me. Yep I had mini. Loaded opera mobile & its working now.
    Thanks Adyx

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭strongback

Doh stupid me. Yep I had mini. Loaded opera mobile & its working now.
    Thanks Adyx

I have installed Opera Mobile and the RTE Player isn't working.

What Flash App did you install?

The Adobe Flash app has been withdrawn by Adobe.

strongback wrote: »

I just googled it & got it that way.

• Advertisement

strongback wrote: »

If you had ever installed it it will still show in your apps on Google Play. If you can't find it, let me know.

Advertisement