Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Deadmau5 Irish Dates

Options
  • 30-11-2011 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

I was on Ticketmaster about 10 minutes ago and clicked on just announced and saw that Deadmau5 was listed , I immediately thought FCUK YES !! but when I went to get more info it said that there were no dates so I returned to the homepage and his name was removed , anyone else this is a possible slip-up on ticketmaster's behalf ? I remember they listed a Sepultura gig ages before it was announced by either MCD or the band themselves...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭dog_pig

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I remember they listed a Sepultura gig ages before it was announced by either MCD or the band themselves...

Speaking of which, the gig they cancelled during the summer... MCD said that was going to be rescheduled to later this year. :mad:

EDIT: Thread title changed seeing as these gigs are confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

Anyone else think the acoustics will be subpar for such an event held in Simmonscourt.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,110 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

The acoustics are dire in that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

Mushy wrote: »
    The acoustics are dire in that place.

I was thinking that, wonder why he won't play the the 02 again seeing he sold out last year :/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

They would have been better having him in Marlay Park or something i would have thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Yeah RDS is an odd choice this time, he played the 02 last time, which is a much better venue fo an electronic gig than the RDS. I presume it will be outdoor? I remember Pendulum played indoors at the RDS, but maybe I'm mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

seanbmc wrote: »
    Yeah RDS is an odd choice this time, he played the 02 last time, which is a much better venue fo an electronic gig than the RDS. I presume it will be outdoor? I remember Pendulum played indoors at the RDS, but maybe I'm mistaken.

It's in Simmonscourt so it will be indoor.

It's in Simmonscourt so it will be indoor.

Is it as big as the 02 in terms of capacity?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

He sold out the O2 but they had a huge section of the seating area closed off so I presume he'll fit a similar sized crowd into Simmonscourt as he did in the O2. Never been to a gig in Simmonscourt but I've done many exams there and always thought it'd be good for a dance gig, real warehouse rave style to it (heard it really suited Underworld). Heard the sound isn't great though as mentioned.

The Pendulum gig was in the main hall which was a terrible venue imo..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Is it as big as the 02 in terms of capacity?

Think about 7000/8000?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

after deadmau5 in the o2 i wont be going to another glorified teenage disco.

df1985 wrote: »
    after deadmau5 in the o2 i wont be going to another glorified teenage disco.

I wonder if they'll make it over 18s, far too many kids at his last show who couldn't handle their drink/drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

My thoughts exactly. Crowd really ruined the o2 for me, but this time at least the LC + Junior Cert will be on so hopefully that may do some change.

I doubt it, regardless, no way am I gonna miss this.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

I wonder if they'll make it over 18s, far too many kids at his last show who couldn't handle their drink/drugs.

Its over 16's
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/1800477E8EF64D61?artistid=1221074&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=201

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Just for anyone interested, if you like MCD's facebook page then you can get the tickets tomorrow(the 7th) morning from 9am.

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

Is Calvin Harris confirmed as support?

Bonesy. wrote: »
    Is Calvin Harris confirmed as support?

Where did you hear this?

Where did you hear this?
    Just some mates saying it, have a feeling it could happen though, really hoping Skrillex is supporting though!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Tickets sorted... looking forward to it !! :D

Got my ticket, wonder if it will sell out this time.

Got my ticket, wonder if it will sell out this time.
    I thought they sold out last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

mcd are stating that this is nearly sold out, so get your skates on to avoid the dirty touts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

hopefully they'll play some of the summer festivals too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

is this all standing or it there any seating,I got 2 complimentary tickets and it just says general admission

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

RDS is generally all standing for gigs like this.

All standing I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭11521323

could anyone tell me whos backing him up or even what the most likely acts are? thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

Have no idea, say its going to be full of children though!

Advertisement