Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

34 days to xmas but 30 til the end of the world?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

29 days until Winter Solstice.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

All these fools who think the world is gonna end in December are gonna have some panic in the last few days to get their Xmas shopping done :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭murphyaii

first, i will not be doing my xmas shopping until the 22nd dec.

i first need to get a candle blessed by the church, with 2 other boxes of them, a container of water to last 2 weeks, a portable gas heater for cooking and a cool box to store food in, a torch and a supermodel to get me by for 2 weeks!

to be honest, i do feel something will happen on the 21st dec.don't know what it is but something, i can feel it.

has anyone heard about the 3 pyramids lining up with the stars on the 3rd dec in 2012 as well?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,651 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Wouldn't it be just mad if it did

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

finally! we'll see an end to this recession.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

the Mayan long-count calendar has rolled round 4 times since 01 AD. There is an unusual alignment this 21st of Dec though, pole shift at worst

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20484590
    'Doomsday' rumours hit French village of Bugarach

25 November 2012 Last updated at 09:03 Help
    A French village is preparing for an influx of mystical groups who are convinced they will escape the end of the world in 2012.
    Rumours have been circulating since 2010 that the village of Bugarach, with a population of 200, will provide shelter from an impending Armageddon.
    This is expected to be on 21 December 2012, the end of a 5,125-year-long cycle in the ancient Maya calendar.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Have you been in any shopping centres coming up to xmas? It already is the end of the bleedin world!

Ush1 wrote: »
    Have you been in any shopping centres coming up to xmas? It already is the end of the bleedin world!

Never on a Saturday, I buy on-line or during the week in the morning.
    I can see what I'm looking for then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Its just another money making scheme. Im hearing ads on the radio about
    an 'End of the world disco'

There'll be end of the world sales in the shops too, watch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Every civilisation in history (except the Mayans) has believed the end of the world was iminent. We're no different. Expect some bible loon to crack some hidden bible code in the few couple years and predict another armageddon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Never on a Saturday, I buy on-line or during the week in the morning.
    I can see what I'm looking for then.

Yeah I try and get all my stuff online. More difficult telling that to the missus when she just loves shopping centres at xmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

davet82 wrote: »
    the ozone layer is our grandchildrens problem not ours, anyways i heard one of BP sponsored scientist say its all scare moungering like zombies or testicular cancer, its not real :cool:[/SIZE]

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Is there gonna be a thread on this subject every day til Dec 21st now?!?

This was already explained in a previous thread, the world is not ending people!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81686607&postcount=6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

tinkerbell wrote: »

This was already explained in a previous thread, the world is not ending people!

they're bound to get it right eventually :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭omega man

Y2K was the end of it all...............this is all just a dream

• Registered Users Posts: 9,919 ✭✭✭dodzy

tinkerbell wrote: »

Yeah, but this is the 13th time of the calendar roll, unlucky for some, and all that stuff ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Told you so! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Right, so nothing happens when we roll over to the next b'ak'tun.

I betcha the end of the world is actually when we roll over into the first Piktun.

Everyone, take a quick break, stretch your legs, have a cup of coffee, and we'll all meet back here for the real apocalypse on October 13th, 4772.

Advertisement