Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2015 brides!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

Woo this year! *\o/* ....now to find a dress , I have absolutely no interest in my dress, really need to pull my finger out.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

7 months and 1 week for me! This year, agh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

emzolita wrote: »
    Woo this year! *\o/* ....now to find a dress , I have absolutely no interest in my dress, really need to pull my finger out.

Me neither! When are you getting married?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

4 months and 3 weeks to go - that absolutely flew in :eek:

Did our paperwork in Limerick during the Christmas break so that's another bit done.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mslady

Less than four months to go for me!! eeeep!! Invitations next - how far in advance are ye sending yours out?

• Advertisement

Sending ours out this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

whoppp!! Happy New year to all and I hope things are going great with the plans. Must say thanks too this forum has been a life saver to ask questions and get great ideas....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

CBFi wrote: »
    Me neither! When are you getting married?

In September, what about you? I have no bridesmaid dresses either.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Our wedding is in mid April so gonna send the invites mid February i think. Can't believe how little time there is left but i think we've most things done.
    My shoes are FABULOUS btw, a little big so going to send them back and get a smaller size. The quality is brilliant and the packaging and everything just makes them even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

seven weeks from today! sent invites 10 weeks in advance of date wanted to beat Christmas card rush! still a lot to do but can't seem to get started!

• Advertisement

emzolita wrote: »
    In September, what about you? I have no bridesmaid dresses either.

December 4th. I'm gonna start looking in March!

We're getting married in August and Moposa wants us to send out our invites in late March. Does that seem terribly early to anyone else? We're in a bit of a transitional phase with our guest list because we emigrated recently, so we've met loads of great friends that we haven't decided whether or not to invite. I hadn't really planned on sending the invites before May.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

That definitely seems too early. It could be that it's adding the extra time so that people can make plans if they have to travel to where the wedding is taking place? But otherwise five months is crazy. Ignore it and just go with your original plan.

My invites are due to arrive this week, can't waaaaait to see them.

Tis up to yerselfs really I would think.. We are march aswell and well I am all up for sending them out early..At least it gives people plenty of notice and what not.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mslady

Think we're gonna send ours at the end of Jan for the end of April - the venue needs final numbers 2 weeks in advance so the RSVP date will be mid March so we have time to chase people if needed! One of my bridesmaids designed them for us, can't wait to get them printed and see them in real life!

Anybody else feeling like its really getting real now that Christmas is out of the way?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

Hi to all my fellow 2015 brides!
    I'm getting married in June! Can't frigging wait!!

mslady wrote: »
    Think we're gonna send ours at the end of Jan for the end of April - the venue needs final numbers 2 weeks in advance so the RSVP date will be mid March so we have time to chase people if needed! One of my bridesmaids designed them for us, can't wait to get them printed and see them in real life!

Anybody else feeling like its really getting real now that Christmas is out of the way?!!

My brain was going 90 last night thinking of all the things I need to do so yes it does seem really close now :S We were at a wedding last Friday too so that made it all a bit more "Oh CHR!ST" in fairness. So I wrote down everything that was keeping me awake last night (that I can remember at least) and I'm ticking some off now, some are just as simple as sending an email.

It's scary though :S

Jinx I am with you, I could not sleep a wink last night thinking what if this happens or we need to be doing more. Was talking to my sister over the Christmas and she was very excited about things, I was just like yep yep tis all sorted but is it!! Ecckk..

Does anyone here based in Cork know of the best shops to try on a few gunas.. I went to the Moderne and while they were loverly staff the dresses were very boring.. I have had a look online but really need to try something one before buying

Milly33 wrote: »
    Jinx I am with you, I could not sleep a wink last night thinking what if this happens or we need to be doing more. Was talking to my sister over the Christmas and she was very excited about things, I was just like yep yep tis all sorted but is it!! Ecckk..

Does anyone here based in Cork know of the best shops to try on a few gunas.. I went to the Moderne and while they were loverly staff the dresses were very boring.. I have had a look online but really need to try something one before buying

Amore Bridal in Youghal is great, the 2 girls there are really good and won't let you put bad dresses on you. Memories is meant to be good too.

I thought I'd be the same re the Moderne but then I luckily found my perfect dress there so it worked out for me.

Milly, try Rice N Roses in frankfield. I got my dress there and I couldn't recommend them more highly.

• Advertisement

We have to give final numbers a month before the wedding so we're thinking of sending out our invites 3 months before the wedding, giving people a month to respond and then time for us to chase RSVPs. Good idea? Any un booked rooms from our allocation will also be released by the hotel a month before so it gives us the chance to tell people about accomm, alternatives and they can get booking...

• Registered Users Posts: 47 summer_chic

Try memories on Patricks Quay - they have only one of each dress , but he's really good at what he does. That's where I got mine - the only shop I tried actually ...

thanks for all the tips ladies, have them emailed to make dates and we shall work from there

Ordered our invitations last night - should be here next week, will get them sent relatively quickly then.

If I may pick your brains for a minute... I have no idea what the hell to do with my hair or what sort of headpiece to wear. I have short, poker straight and incredibly thick blonde hair that I treat like pure crap (wash around 10 times a week, swim a good bit etc), I have no intention of growing it out beyond possibly giving it 6-8 weeks of growth before May 23rd. I'm wearing an ivory tea-length 50s style dress - what in the blue hell do I wear in terms of fascinator/tiara/headband etc? I'm not wearing a veil.

would you try one of the bird cage pieces sounds like it would suit the dress and your hair style.. The washing of the hair is a dose, 10 times a week seems like a lot but I can see why if you are swimming... If you wanted to get it a bit silkier you should try coconut oil. Just the reg type you get in the chemist or even the one you get for cooking.. Melt in the hands and rub through you hair. Just a small piece so it doesn't look greasy but youll know yourself. Works wonders

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

I sent save the date cards for my July wedding yesterday and already a 3 people have rsvp-ed on the website (when I only asked for June 30th RSVPs) and others took photos and posted them.

Feels wonderful!

Very nice must be fantastic alright to get a response!! Its all go from here..

That thread on How to Annoy Your Wedding Guests depressed me :( so much negativity!

It's hard not to worry if everyone will have fun and aren't annoyed by your choices!

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

CBFi wrote: »
    That thread on How to Annoy Your Wedding Guests depressed me :( so much negativity!

It's hard not to worry if everyone will have fun and aren't annoyed by your choices!

I know but there's nothing you can do, you just have go with what you want and know that the majority of guests aren't miserable bollixes (and possibly exaggerate their misanthropic demeanour on online message boards).

My OH has his heart (and mind) set on black tie and remaining light hearted after reading that thread was a challenge I can tell you!:o

• Advertisement

When it comes to weddings, there will be an eternal battle between some guests who think the day is all about them, and the desires of the bride and groom. As long as you do your best to ensure that your guests are comfortable, suitably entertained, well fed and well watered, then you've done all you can. If your wedding involves travel or black tie or whatever else, then guests can always opt to not attend.

I do feel that absolute priority should be given to food and alcohol. Pay for the best and most that you can afford, before having things like sweet carts and photo booths. 95% of guests will have a great day as long as they have plenty of free alcohol (and I don't mean an open bar, but at least 1/2 bottle of wine at dinner, a drink for the toast and a drink when they arrive) and good, plentiful food (afternoon snacks and a nice dinner that doesn't start too late are key here).

But also bear in mind that there's a skewed sample in this forum. It seems to attract a lot of people who will complain about anything and everything! So what you read here is not reflective of your own friends and family who care about you.

Advertisement