Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCC registration

• 29-08-2013 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I am filling out my Registration 1 for Arts in UCC now and I am a bit stuck picking out my subjects.. I tried ringing the helpline but they're not answering:/ I am interested in doing Celtic Civilisation but I was wondering if Irish is compulsory while studying this? If so, I wouldn't be able to do it as I have an exemption from doing Irish..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mollyjude

Irish is not compulsory if you're studying Celtic Civ

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭chaoskitten_DF

KingaC1401 wrote: »
    I am filling out my Registration 1 for Arts in UCC now and I am a bit stuck picking out my subjects.. I tried ringing the helpline but they're not answering:/ I am interested in doing Celtic Civilisation but I was wondering if Irish is compulsory while studying this? If so, I wouldn't be able to do it as I have an exemption from doing Irish..

Definitely not compulsory :)
    I'm a final year Celtic Civ student. There's a course in second year on the Celtic Languages but it's studying where they came from, etc.
    You begin Old Irish in final year but it's just learning how the grammar structure works, a bit of translating, etc.
    I was seriously terrible at Irish in school and I get on grand so don't worry :) We have a lot of Germans, French and Americans who don't have a word of Irish and they never have any problems with the course because it's not needed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 marvel13

I have missed the deadline for completing registration part1
    does anyone know what i can do about this????

marvel13 wrote: »
    I have missed the deadline for completing registration part1
    does anyone know what i can do about this????

Don't panic, I'm sure you're not the only one.
    Call the office tomorrow and explain and I'm sure they'll be able to help :)

hey chaoskitten, thank you for the advise and encouragment,
    ill be calling the first thing :)

• Advertisement

hey chaoskitten, thank you for the advise and encouragment,
    ill be calling the first thing :)

No problem :)
    I hope they can sort it out for you :cool:
    (I doubt you're the only one who's done this, even this year :) )

No problem :)
    I hope they can sort it out for you :cool:
    (I doubt you're the only one who's done this, even this year :) )

all sorted, called them yesterday morning and they said the online registration
    was open again as alot of ppl missed it! so happy days :)

all sorted, called them yesterday morning and they said the online registration
    was open again as alot of ppl missed it! so happy days :)

Grand stuff! :D
    Go and enjoy first year :D

Advertisement