Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Kerry - What? When? Where? How?

• 29-02-2012 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭

I'm based in North Kerry and have only really fished for mackerel but keen to do a bit of fishing over the next few weeks, pass away a bit of the free time.

Whats about at the moment, what season are we in?
    How do I got about catching them, What bait should I use?
    Wheres best to fish at the moment (preferably somewhere between Kerry Head and Fenit)?
    When is best, what tides should I be looking out for?

Any recommendations or help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭mattcullen

This book might answer your questions. I rented it from my library once for a trip that never materialised. Very informative.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

There a fishing festival on in a couple of weeks in ballybunion you get all your info there...

Also check out these sites...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dingle-Peninsula-Fishing/200881506593664

www.cfb.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

mattcullen wrote: »
    This book might answer your questions. I rented it from my library once for a trip that never materialised. Very informative.

impressive book alrite,i didnt even need a rod after reading it,was catching them with my hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭SeaFields

If you can get your hands on any of Bob Moss's Books on fishing the Dingle peninsula they should set you right. Very insightful

Advertisement