Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

keane2097 wrote: »
    Is Rob Kelly back playing again or is he still hurt?
    He is training with the Juniors ATM, maybe he isn't part of McGeeneys plans this year. I'm not 100% sure tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

It's a mistake because it overvalues form based on results achieved by teams that are significantly different from those that will line out on Sunday. This especially applies to Kildare obviously.

Overestimation of short term form in GAA handicapping is one of the main reasons it's as consistently profitable as it is.

The Tyrone team has changed more significantly than the Kildare team over the past year or two.Admittedly I have not seen too much of Tyrone this year apart from highlights but current results is all we can go by but even over the past few years Tyrone have achieved more than Kildare in terms of All Irelands and Mickey Harte is also a factor on the line.

Tyrone Team V Kildare

J Curran;
    A McCrory,
    C Gormley,
    PJ Quinn;
    C McCarron,
    P Harte,
    D McCaul;
    A Cassidy,
    C Cavanagh;
    R McNabb,
    M Donnelly,
    S Cavanagh;
    O Mulligan,
    N McKenna,
    S O'Neill.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

blackbelt wrote: »
    current results is all we can go by

Ha! End of argument!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

no injury worries to report of, all the lads made it back home in good condition after portugal. They are out again tonight and hopefully the team will be made after training.

I was thinking all week how this game will go and even I fancy Tyrone for the AI but I have funny feeling that we are going to make us a real contender for the AI too after this game, I think we are going gong to win this from start to finish the lads seem to be very focused on this game and winning is the only thing on their mind not trying out different things.
    Its gonna be a great game and may the best team win!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

Anyone know what channel the game is gonna be on...TG4 or Setanta? and is it going to be shown live?

Still stuck over in Scotland so can't get the game...

TG4 and yes it is been shown live.

What's with the lack of Daryl Flynn at midfield?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

What's with the lack of Daryl Flynn at midfield?

Picked up a slight shoulder injury recently

Big loss.

• Advertisement

Picked it up in Portugal. He'll be a loss tomorrow but once he's ok for the championship I wouldn't worry too much.

Surprising to see Gary White starting considering he played very little football during the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Donkeygonads

Whats the latest with Hugh Lynch ?? How long more before he's back wearing Number 9 ???

Lynch is slightly behind Earley in terms of his fitness, I'm sure he will play some part against Offaly on June 17th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭lilywhites28

Well lads its the final tomorrow and really looking forward to this one. Ideal preperation heading into the championship. Good to test ourselves against the inform team at the moment. A win tomorrow and some silverware would be a welcome confidence booster. Think its going to be tight and hope that our defence has tighted up as it was worked on in the camp.
    Fingers crossed it stays dry for the match. The jersey and flags are at the ready...Come on the Lilywhites!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭musicmania

Forecast is for rain in the afternoon but hopefully it will hold off until after our match. Yes a win tomorrow would be great and hopefully we will have many more days in Croke Park over the summer. Whatever happens I hope we don't lose because of a stupid ref decision as we have had enough of that over the last 2 years in Croker!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Good win for ye today. Nip and tuck all the way through but the extra effort/fitness in the last 10 to 15 mins was crucial.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Come onkildare!!! Fantastic result!! Happiest day in croke park in years well done to all the lads the atmosphere here is electric!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭largepants

Happy days. I'm 10 foot tall.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

largepants wrote: »
    Happy days. I'm 10 foot tall.:D:D
    Only a few inches smaller then Tomás O'Connor so. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

Great win for Kildare. Teams of past would have crumbled at Tyrones early 2nd half blitz. Great for them to finally win something of somewhat significance. Johnny Doyle looked a little embarressed lifting the cup at the end, givesme the impression they were delighted to win but that they're aiming still for a lot more come the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

Come onkildare!!! Fantastic result!! Happiest day in croke park in years well done to all the lads the atmosphere here is electric!!!

Looking forward to meeting you in July in a leinster final ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭musicmania

Ah that was a good feeling leaving Croker today. Great win and thankfully the rain waited for the second match :D Yeah the cup was tiny but still great to win it. The 3rd and 4th division cups must be the size of egg cups :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭lilywhites28

I dont give a damn what size it was. Its silverware and brilliant to see the white ribbon wraped around it.
    http://www.sportsfile.com/id/615687/ :D
    Good day out for us Lillies. Kildare worked hard and never gave up. Kept going at it and got there much deserved win. Super feeling amongst Lillywhite supporters going into the last few minutes of the game and when the final whistle came. Delighted for the team, management and supporters. Well done to all! :D:D
    I think that win today was an important one. Will do wonders for the confidence. All eyes on the Offaly game in 6 weeks time. Well done Lilywhites!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Congrats to Kildare too. Super last 15 minutes from ye and deserved win as ye played the better football plus the fact ye actually kicked the ball instead of handpassing yer way through like Tyrone! Impressed with 22 and 27

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Looking forward to meeting you in July in a leinster final ;)
    IF kildare are there fantastic but a little presumptious on your part? believe me im humble after kildares loss to louth a few years ago :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 106 ✭✭Mike O' Brien

Well done to the Lillies today. Great win.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,697 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Fogarty had a great impact, he had that killer instinct we generally miss, I would like to see that become a habit!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭The Rooster

That was a decent curtain raiser alright. Well done to Kildare. And to Tyrone.
    They get to play with the big boys in the league next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

It's not really silverware though is it.
    Come back to us when you have a provincial/All Ireland crown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

All eyes on the Offaly game in 6 weeks time. Well done Lilywhites!

Don't think ye have much to worry about there. It's a bad Offaly team.
    ColHol wrote: »
    Fogarty had a great impact, he had that killer instinct we generally miss, I would like to see that become a habit!

Was very impressed with him when he came on. Looks a handful and should start the next day.

Advertisement