Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wedding rings and bands links

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭DontBanMe

Hey, not sure if I'm posting in the right place.

Just looking for some recommendations on wedding bands.

I've looked up a few and others have mentioned The Marvels, another one I've checked out online are The Vows.

Anyone been to gig or wedding where they've been, any thoughts appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭Gatica

I think you have the wrong thread. This is for wedding rings in general (bands as in rings without stones).

There's already a pretty long thread on Music Bands at:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054955045&page=71

• Registered Users Posts: 23 summer breezer

I have fallen in love with a beautiful antique ring in the same shop but as you can appreciate I am rather concerned and reluctant to buy it after reading your message.

If anyone else has any further feedback on this shop it would be much appreciated?

Thanks

Is it possible to get an independent valuation report from the jeweller? This would be good piece of mind.
    I also saw a stunning antique ring and got it remade from www.bespokediamonds.ie - it took them 3 weeks to make and was a tricky Art Deco design and it looks great. Got certified diamonds and an independent valuation report from them too. The detail in my ring is fantastic - I just brought them a picture of the ring and they did the rest. While budget was a concern for me, I mainly wanted something to last and to sparkle and I definitely go that.
    Love antique rings, so different and not like everything else, problem is thay are 100 years old so a reproduction is a good option. NOt sure how long an engagement is supposed to last but if something is 100 years old and still aroiund, its doing well. The main concern I had with original antique rings was the sparkle of the diamond - they were all hand cut and new diamonds are cut from lazers and so sparkle better (I have been told) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Capri86

More problems with Declan from Delphi antiques. I was looking for an engagement ring in there last May. I went in because of a ring I found on their website which had a price on it. I went in and found it to find out it was a lot more expensive than the website price. He told me it couldn't be that price online so I took our my phone and showed him. He no longer has interest in trying to sell the ring and to be honest I no longer wanted to buy it there. Luckily I went to corrs jewelers and found the perfect ring and the man there was very friendly.
    Such a shame Declan gets so many complaints. It really has a great selection of jewellery and it should be an enjoyable experience picking out the ring. Anyway at least it ended well for me.

I'm now looking for wedding bands and it's proving difficult. They can get very expensive and all look the same to me. If I bought a plain silver ring for approx 200 euro, would it last?

Of course it would last and it would cost you miles less than 200!
    The thing with wearing different metal jewellery is that the harder one will wear out the softer metal. They also have slightly different colouration, so it may be noticeable when you have say, a white gold and a silver ring side by side.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 80 Verified rep Voltaire Diamonds: Seamus

Many thanks for mentioning Voltaire Diamonds on this thread.

We have a large selection of Gents and Ladies Wedding Rings.

Please view our Youtube channel to see a small selection:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy_Rjx1qYz0k-NVlfadtPVBdcmd_NZsAt

Many thanks
    Seamus

http://www.voltairediamonds.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Capri86

Gatica wrote: »
    Of course it would last and it would cost you miles less than 200!
    The thing with wearing different metal jewellery is that the harder one will wear out the softer metal. They also have slightly different colouration, so it may be noticeable when you have say, a white gold and a silver ring side by side.

That's good to hear. I would need something durable anyway because of my work and I don't mind what the actual material is

I know it's a while since I asked the above question, but I've been told by Voltaire that they don't remake rings.
    Has anyone a recommendation via PM of course, of someone who would like to remake my platinum full eternity ring?

I got custom design wedding ring made by Michael Horan. I'm sure he can copy your ring to make a new one too.

http://www.michaelhoranjewellery.com/

Advertisement