Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who's who here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Welcome to the forum Trowelled, spread the word :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭trowelled

Grimes wrote: »
    Welcome to the forum Trowelled, spread the word :D

Will do my best to spread the word, tell all about the fabulous world of archaeology:D

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭uncle ernie

I heard that Archaeology was boring and quite tough in UCD. I study Greek and Roman Civilisation and History and regret not taking up Archaeology. In Greek and Roman I take any class I can on Archaeology, I enjoy reading up on the excavations in Pompeii/Herculaneum and the Greek Heroic Age, Mycenae/Tiryns/Pylos/Troy and the Greek dark ages. Its not that big a regret though as I get to feed my inner Archaeologist.

christina haywood also does an archaeologically based course on the mycenaean period called Mycenaean Palace to Greek City State covering most mentioned above which id highly recommend. alan peatfields archaeology of religion course (minoan) is also excellent

as for me,long time forum lurker about to do a masters in ucd. i did greek & roman along with archaeology in ucd also

Grimes I know who you are mwah ha ha ha ha!!! and boneless too he he!! :D

I'll give you a clue, "where's Tadhg, why won't he email me back?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Nutlog!!!

trowelled wrote: »
    Grimes I know who you are mwah ha ha ha ha!!! and boneless too he he!! :D

I'll give you a clue, "where's Tadhg, why won't he email me back?"

Ha ha ha! Hey trowelled! guess who! God we're an inbred bunch :P

• Advertisement

Nutlog!!! wrote: »
    Ha ha ha! Hey trowelled! guess who! God we're an inbred bunch :P

Hmmm I wonder who you could be????? Now just who is Nutlog, ha ha haWe sure are an inbred bunch, fec*king archaeologists eh ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

Figured I should pop my head in here, been lurking too long. I recognise a few people, some of you may recognise me. Did my BA in UCD, finishing a Masters in NUIG. Never actually did archaeology mind. :D

Ah Father Fitzgibbon! 'Tis yerself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

buffalo wrote: »
    Figured I should pop my head in here, been lurking too long. I recognise a few people, some of you may recognise me. Did my BA in UCD, finishing a Masters in NUIG. Never actually did archaeology mind. :D

Hi there.... I still love you!!!!

You said I was the only one for you Boneless!!! I'm angry now! Keep your bunnies away from the stove!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Rick Hard

Nutlog forced me to post. That dastard! but anyway, i did my BA in UCD, and like Buffalo, i didnt do archaeology either. I dont think i could have take three years with an inbred bunch like you lot. haha. just messing.

Happy Archaeologying!

Cut yer hair Rick! Damn hippy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Rick Hard

I will don nothing of the sort!! It my hair that give me my super archaeology powers! the ability to diagnose any archaeological site in 3 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I just wanted to out your mod Grimes as not having seen the new Indiana Jones movie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Hackman

I started in UCD two year ago but had to drop out for health reasons. I'll be back to the archaeology department in September though :).

I love archaeology!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

christina haywood also does an archaeologically based course on the mycenaean period called Mycenaean Palace to Greek City State covering most mentioned above which id highly recommend. alan peatfields archaeology of religion course (minoan) is also excellent

as for me,long time forum lurker about to do a masters in ucd. i did greek & roman along with archaeology in ucd also

I am doing Mycenean Palace to City State this year. I may do the Minoan one as an elective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 apsu

Hey all, did my BA and MA in Archaeology at UCD. Been on a few commercial digs.

apsu wrote: »
    Hey all, did my BA and MA in Archaeology at UCD. Been on a few commercial digs.

Welcome to the archaeology forum! Hope to see you at the first archaeology beers next Sat!!

When did you do the MA in UCD?

trowelled wrote: »
    Welcome to the archaeology forum! Hope to see you at the first archaeology beers next Sat!!

When did you do the MA in UCD?

You know him :)! He's cute ;)! I know cos I share a gaff with him and see him in his boxers!!!!

boneless wrote: »
    You know him :)! He's cute ;)! I know cos I share a gaff with him and see him in his boxers!!!!

Oh i do do I?? Who is he????????????

• Advertisement

If you think who I started the MA with....

If you think who I started the MA with....

I'm having brain freeze right now. Why can't I think??

See PM I sent:p

See PM I sent:p

Thanks for clearing that up. Twas wrecking my head!!

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭theboat

queen_kala wrote: »
    i did arts specifically to do archaeology.

I'm starting first year arts in UCD next week, for the very same reason.
    I've heard loads of good things about the course, and I loved classics for leaving cert, along with anything of an ancient nature...

theboat wrote: »
    I'm starting first year arts in UCD next week, for the very same reason.
    I've heard loads of good things about the course, and I loved classics for leaving cert, along with anything of an ancient nature...

Be sure to be out on Saturday to receive advice from young and old who have passed/are passing through UCD (not me). Beers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 apsu

Be sure to be out on Saturday to receive advice from young and old who have passed/are passing through UCD (not me). Beers!

What's the final decision on which pubaroo on saturday?

apsu wrote: »
    What's the final decision on which pubaroo on saturday?

Still undecided it would seem. Tis a tie between the Mercantile and Lotts. Personally I don't mind either, I just wanna drink!!

My advice is to see what the result is at 7pm (or something) on Friday, and trowelled post that as the final decision. If it's a tie, toss a coin. Trowelled, you've been the organiser, so I reckon you get to do the coin toss!

My two cents anyway.

You can use the two cents in the coin toss if you like. :D

• Advertisement

My advice is to see what the result is at 7pm (or something) on Friday, and trowelled post that as the final decision. If it's a tie, toss a coin. Trowelled, you've been the organiser, so I reckon you get to do the coin toss!

My two cents anyway.

You can use the two cents in the coin toss if you like. :D

Ok I'm thinking if by Thurs it's not resolved I'm calling the shots and maybe I will use your two cents. As long as there's drinking eh!?!

Advertisement