Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2014 Brides

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Hello all,
    Hope you don't mind a newbie joining the thread.
    September bride. We're getting married in Dublin. I think I'm fairly organised since we only decided to get married this September in January. The venue, solemnizer and photographer are all booked and deposits paid. I've got the dress and have bought my shoes online waiting for them to be delivered.

I'm having my hen party on Friday in our house. It still hasn't sunk in yet.

Anyone else feel the same ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Thought I;d update - just over 9 weeks to go eek!

Rings just need to be paid in full, the last man is being fitted for suit today. I ordered BM dresses online (hope that works out ok!) and we're looking at shoes and jewellery at the mo. I got my dress in Barnardos and found a great dressmaker to alter it - which will be great if BM dresses need work. I'm going to see my dress later (I hope!) - it's beautiful but I need very specific undies for it - strapless AND low back. I got what I thought was perfect all-in-oneshapewear but you can see the wiring through the dress. Also it was digging in after a short while! So I bought a bra with a low back and no straps. There's a tiny bit of wiring there too, but just under the bust so should be ok.

Hair and makeup are sorted, I do need to try out some other lip colours and see if I need to get my headdress altered due to having a tiny head!

Invites have been ordered and gone out, yippee! Our RSVP date isnt for ages but we've gotten a few so far (are hoping for a few family decines so we can invite more friends). It;s lovely that so many people want to attend! And as a bonus loads have booked into our hotel to stay - we weren't expecting that at all, and are contracted to fill a certain number of rooms so were worried we'd end up paying for empty rooms! One annoying thing with the RSVPs is the reply details are our address/email/my phone but loads of people are saying to the parents that "the invites are gorgeous". Great to hear, and glad they arrived but does that count as an RSVP or not....

We need to plan the ceremony - gonna take time during the long weekend with that. Our solemniser is great, and my brother is doing the music so we have a lot of options. The venue has been great and the menus are sorted.

Parents are arranging the wine, which is a lovely thing to do. Also gives us one less thing to care about. A family friend is doing the cake and I need to sort that today. Flowers have yet to be arranged but there's tons of florists near me and we only need bouquets and buttonholes as the venue is arranging it for the ceremony and tables.

At this late stage I'm considering a video... need to make some calls today. He isnt too bothered, but I'm afraid that I'll regret not having one (and that's the only thing I think I'll regret), and while my mother started naming various family that could take a few vids, I'm worried that it would spoil someone's day to be given a job like that and also that whoever does it will be annoying and get in the photographers way all day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

I'm getting married in December. We have ceremony booked, honeymoon booked and I bought my dress last week.

All we have left to do is organise invites for the reception and get himself a suit. I must also buy some bikinis for the honeymoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Milltown17

Hi all
    Just looking for some advice about honeymoons im gettin married in October and have nothing done about the honeymoon im just wondering is there anymore October brides out there and where are ye goin on honeymoon im just looking for some advice as October isant the greatest month for weather in some countries

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭berrecka

Hi Milltown,

Im getting married at the end of October. We plan to use the Christmas/New Year break to head away (hopefully for 3 weeks). We are thinking that the other side of the equator will be best that time of year. I have already been to Australia/NZ/Fiji so we are thinking of hitting up South America (probably Brazil/Chile/Argentina). I think we will only be able to handle a few days (one week max) lying on the beach, supping cocktails until we get bored so are hoping to find somewhere with a bit of adventure/ partying too.

Id also appreciate anyones advice on this.
    How are your plans coming along Milltown17?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Milltown17 wrote: »
    Hi all
    Just looking for some advice about honeymoons im gettin married in October and have nothing done about the honeymoon im just wondering is there anymore October brides out there and where are ye goin on honeymoon im just looking for some advice as October isant the greatest month for weather in some countries

I'm getting married mid October too. We have a daughter so we're only going away for a week as my mother has kindly offered to mind her for a week and we wouldn't want to leave her for any longer anyway. We've decided to go to Cuba all inclusive. It's quite reasonable compared to other more traditional honeymoon destinations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Hi all
    im just looking for some advice as October isant the greatest month for weather in some countries

What sort of budget are you looking at? My sis is currently in Cuba on her honeymoon. SOooooo jealous :o

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

Hi all

hi im getting married in october. and we are heading to tuscany. cant wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭coats

There are a few of us in October, only 6 months away now!!! Think we are going to stay in the hotel for a few days and then look at a honeymoon next year. Not really too pushed on a honeymoon to be honest, might even just do a couple of days in London :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

We're looking into a few days in Vegas... that or a few days in England somewhere... we'll see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

We're going to Lanzarote and hiring a Villa.

We went to Cancun in Mexico and Las Vegas in May 2013, stayed in a Honeymoon Suite so kind of did that thing already.

I recommend both locations. Some people don't go straight away. My friend is on Honeymoon right now in South Africa and then Mauritius and they went 4 months after their wedding.

We're marrying in September and going 4 days later. We're also having a mini moon in December in a nice 5* hotel in London. After all our saving and living like Monks we're going to splash out a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

We're honeymooning in the Caribbean. 3 weeks in an adults-only, all-inclusive 5-star beach resort! Can't wait!

While I love having my future hubby so involved in the decisions about the wedding I'm about to brain him with the song choices he's picking for ceremony/after ceremony... he wants a bloody doctor who song for when we're entering the reception room.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 MrsB2be

Hi Ladies,
    OP Here-

14 weeks to the big day and am at a stale mate.

My dress is ordered since last summer, should arrive to the shop 6 weeks beforehand. Flowergirls sorted, BM's dresses being made, going to pick fabric this week.
    Rings are ordered, Flowers, cars, band, DJ, lights, photobooth, candycart, suits etc all ordered.

Going to register in Lombard Street on Thurs. Can anyone tell me exactly what to bring as I have checked on line and saw some conflicting info?

All thats left for me to get is shoes and something for my hair which is proving harder than I thought!

Anyway, the countdown is on :):)

You need

Passports/driving license
    Copies of them
    Birth Certs
    Copies of them
    New communion Certs
    New baptism Certs
    PPS numbers
    Names, addresses and dates of birth of witnesses and same, except dob, of solmeniser

Do you need birth certs and baptism certs if you're having a civil ceremony?

January wrote: »
    Do you need birth certs and baptism certs if you're having a civil ceremony?

Sorry, no baptismal certs. I was thinking too fast for my own good.

I will assume Birth Certs are needed by the CRS Appointments office because they are required by everybody getting married there or not. It's odd really because it's the same office that prints replacements so you think digitally they could just look you up.....................but alas this is the HSE after all. :pac:

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Sorry, no baptismal certs. I was thinking too fast for my own good.

I will assume Birth Certs are needed by the CRS Appointments office because they are required by everybody getting married there or not. It's odd really because it's the same office that prints replacements so you think digitally they could just look you up.....................but alas this is the HSE after all. :pac:

Bleh, I meant Communion certs and baptismal certs! I kinda knew birth certs were a necessity...

I wonder will an adoption cert suffice, my partner is adopted.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jem123

I'm getting married 3 weeks from tomorrow!! :eek:

Getting really excited now!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 MrsB2be

OP here :) 7 weeks to go!
    Can't believe how fast it is going! training my bum off (literally) in the gym so that kept my mind occupied for a bit :)
    Getting so many RSVP's back at the min :) meal tasting soon and get to try my dress on in a couple of weeks (havent tried it on since it was ordered last July) Cannot wait!!
    BM dresses are getting made and should be ready soon,
    Everything else is (dare I say it) done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭LNH666

Friday week for me. 20/06/14. If I wasn't stuck working nights this week I'm certain I would be climbing the walls. I'm so excited!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 sparky_2011

I'm married 5 weeks now and sooo jealous of all of you who are approaching your big days!! It is such an amazing time!

Enjoy every single second of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

MrsB2be wrote: »
    2 years of planning!:o

Seriously?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empire_State_Building

Priorities

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

Looks like I'm joining the 2014 bridal brigade! We started planning about a month ago, date set for December.

It's all manageable in about 8 months, right??

Eeek! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

biddywiddy wrote: »
    Looks like I'm joining the 2014 bridal brigade! We started planning about a month ago, date set for December.

It's all manageable in about 8 months, right??

Eeek! :D

I hope so- because booking for jan is on my agenda!! Had hoped to be a 2014 bride, but I think will leave it until after The new year now!

Definitely manageable in 8 months. I've been planning since this time last year but got pregnant so wedding was put on the back burner. I gave birth last month and will have my first wedding dress shopping trip next week.

8 months is loads of time. BFF got married last year in 7. I'm doing it in 10 this year, but throwing in a masters on top of a full time job. I still feel like I have loads of time and not doing much wedding stuff at all these days

8 months is loads of time. BFF got married last year in 7. I'm doing it in 10 this year, but throwing in a masters on top of a full time job. I still feel like I have loads of time and not doing much wedding stuff at all these days

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

LNH666 wrote: »
    Friday week for me. 20/06/14. If I wasn't stuck working nights this week I'm certain I would be climbing the walls. I'm so excited!!

I was just going to ask is anyones big day coming up soon.. You must be excited!! Are you all set now anything else left to do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

Thanks for the reassurance! It's a bit trickier as we are living abroad, so meeting the registrar & priest, hair trial etc will all have to be done when we land in Ireland before Christmas.

Still, once everything is booked, I can hopefully find my dress and start buying cute things on the internet :D

Advertisement