Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.

Wedding Music (Band, DJ, Singer) ONE POST PER BAND ONLY! Read post #1 First!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭jd1983

Hi guys,

We're looking for a band/DJ for 23rd of May 2015 in Wicklow.
    Any relevant PM's are welcome.
    Thanks in advance :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 waterfordjs

Hi all i'd like to give our Dj services a mention ,based just outside waterford serving kilkenny wexford and waterford for
    weddings , 21sts, christenings etc... starting from 99€,
    please check out Our twitter, facebook or wix websites below ,
    best regards Mark.

https://www.facebook.com/waterfordjHire

twitter @partynitedj

http://nitelif9.wix.com/waterford-dj-hire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Currently looking for wedding band for Adare Manor in Limerick. Wedding on 21st November 2014. Please PM with quotes / offers. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

I'm looking for church music, band and dj for a September 2014 Dublin wedding. All PMs welcome. We are very budget conscious. TIA x

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Hi folks,

Congrats first of all on deciding to tie the knot.

www.therubykings.com

The website has a link to our facebook page at the top right which is probably a bit more up to date to be honest as thats what most people seem to follow these days.

We have a five song demo on the website, http://www.reverbnation.com/therubykings will bring you directly to the songs.

We're a 5 piece Dublin based band.

Lead Vocals, Guitar, Keys and backing vocals, Bass and Drums.

We can and do travel depending on distance obviously. :D

An example of the type of set list we play is on the website. This is constantly changing though and we are open to requests for the set list and more importantly for the 1st dance we will happily learn your special song if we dont already know it that is.

If you have any queries at all you can PM myself directly or the contact details for 2 other members of the band can be found on the website.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers,
    Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 6 schraderbrau

Hi
    we're getting married in April and looking for a trad band who can do a cheili with an mc. But we'd also like if they could play sixties/beatles and newer songs as well. Any advice or recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Was at a wedding there last week & without doubt one of the top wedding bands ive seen & heard. Great range of musical tastes & great overall sound.

http://www.theratzingers.com/

PS check out their version of AC/DC's Highway to Hell. Unreal lads.....heard this 100+ times by some quite serious rock/metal cover bands & the vast majority wouldnt hold a candle to theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Legend100

Hi all, we are looking for a dj for after our band, wedding is 4th of October 2014 in Cork, pm me if available, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 47 mikelmessi

Hi there
    We are looking for a band and DJ for a wedding in Co Louth, July 25th next year.
    PM if interested/available. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Hello,

Im looking for a dj on the 21st of nov this year for lucan area. Wont be getting a band so would hope to have dj for 21:00 to possibly 02:00. Not sure on times just yet. Could anyone interested please pm me with details like, ball park figure on cost, info regarding if you supply your own lights and equipment & any info regarding the process of hiring a dj.

Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Looking for a band for a wedding in Dunboyne, Co. Meath on Sunday 28th December 2014.

Soul / covers preferrably, bit of brass if possible but realistic budget.

PMs welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Johnny31

Hi, Me and my fiancee are getting married in Bunratty , Co. Clare on Sat 12th December 2015 any band and DJ available please PM
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 1 justbuggn

Any 1 recommend a reasonable band and dj to play westmeath area sept 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 20 karlocooney123

[SNIP]

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭jimmydkid

Hello,
    Looking for a wedding band and dj for our wedding in Tralee on the 30/07/2016
    Please pm me with any ideas or prices, Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Roddylarge

Hello, Like most posters on here we are looking for a wedding band and DJ for our wedding in Bunratty Castle Hotel, Co.Clare on the 12/09/15.

Please feel free to PM with details, prices, dates of showcases etc.

Thanks in advance.

Roddy and Teresina

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Anyone got any feedback on either The Bentley Boys or the Connor McKeon Band? We're looking for more of a swing/jive/rock n roll vibe than contemporary.

Also, anyone heard of/got any feedback on a wedding band called Tickled Pink? Can't find a thing about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cartonj

Anyone able to recommend a good DJ for a wedding in Kilkenny?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 39 namrod28

Hi, We are looking for a band and DJ, great if you can do both.

November 28th 2014 in Clare.

PM me if you are available or with your details.

Not sure what the rules are on the site!!

Open minded about what type of music 60s,70,80s,90s,00s, some waltzes for the oldies

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Comedynerd

Hiya!

We're getting married in Dublin, November 8th this year. It appears we have left it quite late in the day but I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good non traditional band? Our first dance is going to be Foo Fighters, if that helps set the tone.

We'd ideally like a band with a DJ who can play after.

Any ideas or bands feel they fit the bill a DM would be lovely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Comedynerd wrote: »
    Hiya!

We're getting married in Dublin, November 8th this year. It appears we have left it quite late in the day but I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good non traditional band? Our first dance is going to be Foo Fighters, if that helps set the tone.

We'd ideally like a band with a DJ who can play after.

Any ideas or bands feel they fit the bill a DM would be lovely :)

Have a google for the Harley's, one of the best at that type of thing.
    I know a couple of bands that do more of this though, which foos is it? The pretender ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Comedynerd

Have a google for the Harley's, one of the best at that type of thing.
    I know a couple of bands that do more of this though, which foos is it? The pretender ? :)

Brilliant, I'll look them up. It's Everlong :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 paulyd

are you having indie all night or just the first dance

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭CorkClaire82

How long do bands normally play for? Is 2 hours or just over normal? I can't remember from all the weddings I've been at!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭clint_silver

How long do bands normally play for? Is 2 hours or just over normal? I can't remember from all the weddings I've been at!!
    Yes about that. In any given average irish wedding that sits at 5:30 getting people to sit and meals and speeches take 3 hours. So bands get to venue around 8-8:30 to get ready to setup.
    Top table clear down takes 20 minutes Sometimes it's less, most times it's later due to delays of one sort or another. Setup is roughly 45 minutes. A 2 hour set with a finger food break takes you to 12pm where DJ comes on until an average of 2am.

All of that is a rough running time. Some bands play a little shorter some a lot longer, some Venues have an earlier last song time, but you won't notice this on the night, it'll all go very quickly. The earlier you get called for meal, the quicker you eat and speak, the More entertainment you'll have.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Bigserious1

Hi I'm looking for a wedding band for Castle Durrow on the 25th July 2015 in Laois.

All pm's welcome with suggestions thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 HammstR

Hello
    I'm looking for a band to play the day after the wedding in north Kildare, 12 July 2014. Have a big rock band for the big day so looking for something a bit different, ? acoustic/bluegrass, a bit of craic. We should have a big crowd and there a few singers in the family so would need to be a bit flexible.

Any reccomendations

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Hi

I am looking for a good band for my wedding between Newry and Dundalk. I'm interested in keeping the older guests happiest so the more jiving tunes the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jem123

We have booked Springbreak for our wedding in July. Saw them recently and I was thrilled we chose them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

Hi guys,

We're getting married in Cork on Dec 6th, this year, with the reception in Fernhill House Clonakilty. Himself is in charge of the band but has left it a bit late and all the bands we've loved are gone!!

Ideally we'd love a band like Transmission or J90, basically not your typical wedding band, the waltzes etc aren't really our thing!

If anyone knows of any similar, or any available, band we'd love to hear from you!! Feel free to PM me.

Thanks a mill,