Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

iHate iPhone

• 28-07-2013 10:09am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1

Because.
    Too Much Dependent on iTunes and Apple Servers

like.

You buy a phone which iPhone take it out of the box BUT you cant use it Until you ask for permission from Apple through iTunes, doesnt matter even if you already have paid for it,
    You cannot then download any app until you give Apple a Credit or Debit Card Details,(Reason they need your ID)
    You cannot download copy or share your OWN Music Personal Photos or Videos Without permission of Apple Through iTunes,
    You cannot set a personalize ringtone again without asking iTunes,
    and so on...

Two important things.
    There is not replaceable battery as a condition because Apple even if apparently iPhone is switched off can still access your location and data.
    There is no External Memory Card option as this will able innocent iUser to transport there personal Data without permission of Apple, etc

I MEAN NO OFFENCE TO ANYONE JUST SHARING WHAT I THINK
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭jamesd

sadygreat wrote: »
    Because.

like.

You buy a phone which iPhone take it out of the box BUT you cant use it Until you ask for permission from Apple through iTunes, doesnt matter even if you already have paid for it,
    You cannot then download any app until you give Apple a Credit or Debit Card Details,(Reason they need your ID)
    You cannot download copy or share your OWN Music Personal Photos or Videos Without permission of Apple Through iTunes,
    and so on...

Two important things.
    There is not replaceable battery as a condition because Apple even if apparently iPhone is switched off can still access your location and data.
    There is no External Memory Card option as this will able innocent iUser to transport there personal Data without permission of Apple, etc

You can download an app without credit or debit card details - just setup a free account.
    Battery can be replaced if needed but nt as easy as a Nokia battery swap, and no once your phone is off no one can track you or your data.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Because.

like.

and so on...

Two important things.

Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Because.

iTunes has actually gotten better over the years, i agree it takes some getting used to but then it works quite well. Also once everything is setup you hardly ever need it, you can do everything on the phone. Syncing/backup can be done -automatically- over wifi (or iCloud).
    like. You buy a phone which iPhone take it out of the box BUT you cant use it Until you ask for permission from Apple through iTunes, doesnt matter even if you already have paid for it,
    The permission bit is annoying but I guess it's all legal stuff, I doubt it would be any different with android etc (you prob automatically agree to t&c's once you start using that without notification, at least apple warns you)
    You can setup an apple ID and download apps without a credit card (just google how to).
    and so on...
    The answer to all these; there's an app for that. So yes you can do all those things but you prob will need to download an app or some software.
    Two important things.
    That's just not true and the battery can be replaced/removed.
    There is no External Memory Card option as this will able innocent iUser to transport there personal Data without permission of Apple
    You can use ext mem cards if you get an adapter (apple even sell them).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Yes, it's a closed ecosystem compared to Android, but there's a market for both approaches. You don't have to buy an iPhone if you don't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Because.

like.

and so on...

Two important things.

How are you feeling now?
    Glad you got that of your chest, being your first post an all :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

First and last post, it would seem. They were site banned shortly after.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Only true statements in that post, and tbh it needed more colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,537 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

You cannot download any app until you give Apple a Credit or Debit Card Details

False.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭NetNinja

OP if you hate that phone so much I'll take it off your hands & I won't charge you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Aodhagan wrote: »
    False.

Indeed, I download dozens of apps (that I can't gete here in Ireland) from the US app store with an account that has no CC details. I'm running iOS 7 beta and also use it for iTunes Radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 nike_17m

its TRUE
    A leaked NSA document proves that the agency is capable of easily deploying spyware on all iPhones and can have access to user data including SMS messages, contacts, and even a user's location by utilizing cell tower information. What's even scarier is that the NSA can remotely access an iPhone's camera and microphone that is infected with the spyware.
    According to the leaked intel, the initiative, named DROPOUT JEEP, began in October of 2008. The document delineates that the NSA would need physical access to the device in order to install the software, which doesn't sound too bad.

However, the German Magazine, Der Spiegel, which also published the DROPOUT JEEP data, believes that the NSA rerouted shipments of brand new iPhones before they went out to consumers to install the spyware. Even worse, there was some speculation a while back from Edward Snowden, that suggests Apple may have allowed the NSA access to their products. The news was reported by Jacob Applebaum, who has a more detailed lecture (that he gave yesterday) about DROPOUT JEEP and the state of cell phone spyware today. You can watch it here.
    It's harrowing enough to think that the NSA is infecting iPhones without Apple's knowledge. It's even more harrowing if Apple is helping the US government to spy on its customers. We will provide more info on this story as it develops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Ow no he is back. Only 17. That explains it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

nike_17m wrote: »
    its TRUE
    A leaked NSA document proves that the agency is capable of easily deploying spyware on all iPhones and can have access to user data including SMS messages, contacts, and even a user's location by utilizing cell tower information. What's even scarier is that the NSA can remotely access an iPhone's camera and microphone that is infected with the spyware.
    According to the leaked intel, the initiative, named DROPOUT JEEP, began in October of 2008. The document delineates that the NSA would need physical access to the device in order to install the software, which doesn't sound too bad.

However, the German Magazine, Der Spiegel, which also published the DROPOUT JEEP data, believes that the NSA rerouted shipments of brand new iPhones before they went out to consumers to install the spyware. Even worse, there was some speculation a while back from Edward Snowden, that suggests Apple may have allowed the NSA access to their products. The news was reported by Jacob Applebaum, who has a more detailed lecture (that he gave yesterday) about DROPOUT JEEP and the state of cell phone spyware today. You can watch it here.
    It's harrowing enough to think that the NSA is infecting iPhones without Apple's knowledge. It's even more harrowing if Apple is helping the US government to spy on its customers. We will provide more info on this story as it develops.

Apple have denied any involvement. And the reason the NSA has to go to such extraordinary measures is because iPhones are secure - googles data is probably easily available to them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement