Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-09-2012, 11:28   #286
Younganne

Quote:
Originally Posted by red face dave View Post
10k race yesterday

Knew going into this I was in no shape at all especially having been at the Electric picnic the weekend before but really wanted to do this race as my last one was way back in May and ever since and mixture of life and not enjoying running made for a baron spell on the racing front.

So I was using yesterday as a final attempt to see would I give it up or continue on running

Started off and felt good. First 2 miles were done at a nice pace 8.10 & 7.50. 3rd mile was a bit slower but not to bad 8.19 and I still passing people out and I was feeling really good 4th mile was much the same 8.15 and I was thinking maybe a new p.b was on here if I could just hold it together but that is where the wheels came off 5th mile 8.44 started to breathe a lot heavier and had to take the pace right done. 6th mile was much the same 8.45.
Finished in 50.49

Not disappointed by it at all said before the race I would be happy with a sub 50. Having done very little training in fact none and to much drinking of late.

I think I have discovered the running bug again and looking forward to my next race. I will stick to 10k's for a while nice and quick.
Well done Dave, thata a great run especially as you haven't being training. Onward & upwards now!!
Advertisement
12-09-2012, 18:36   #287
red face dave

Cheer Anne.

Just a few short runs this week legs are very tight after the race on Sunday. Going to start a 10k training plan next week and see what happens.

One question for ya, if you don't mind

During the race the last day my feet seemed to be very heavy and banging the ground usually I would be fairly light on the feet. Just wondering would it be time for new runners????
13-09-2012, 10:14   #288
Younganne

Quote:
Originally Posted by red face dave View Post
Cheer Anne.

Just a few short runs this week legs are very tight after the race on Sunday. Going to start a 10k training plan next week and see what happens.

One question for ya, if you don't mind

During the race the last day my feet seemed to be very heavy and banging the ground usually I would be fairly light on the feet. Just wondering would it be time for new runners????
No harm checking the runners out, is there much mileage on them, if they have up closed to 500m i'b be getting a new pair.
...i find that when i'm tired that happens my feet sometime...might just have been legs tired as its a while since you raced. its like you don't have the energy to lift them.

Get a foam roller if you haven't got one and roll and ice the legs to get them back into shape and a slow recovery run will do them wonders!!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion