Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Box.net, 50GB free online storage when you install the Android app

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its 50GB free all the time no?

And theres a 100MB file limit, so not exactly the same.

Also, try a little harder, my Dropbox is at 19GB and climbing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

ED E wrote: »
    Its 50GB free all the time no?

For the paid subscription yes, for the free its 5 GB

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    For the paid subscription yes, for the free its 5 GB

Hmm, how'd I get 50 then....:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

ED E wrote: »
    Hmm, how'd I get 50 then....:confused:

They had an offer some time back also
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/30/box-net-befriends-android-will-offer-sony-ericsson-xperia-phone/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

If It's 50GB then I would join up but if It's only 5GB then I will stick with Ubuntu One as I get 5GB free with them and they have an android app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

When I go to settings it says Ive used 16.2 MB of 50 GB. (that's with a new email address on a free account)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

It's 50GB. It's an offer until March 23rd. The market mentions the offer: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.box.android

I got my 50GB :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I had 50GB from when I installed it on webos, just reinstalled it on my galaxy s2 there and no sign of an extra 50GB :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

I installed it about a month ago and have never used it. Just saw the thread and thought I'd check my account, when I opened the app a little pop-up appeared that said I had been upgraded to 50 GB

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    It's 50GB. It's an offer until March 23rd. The market mentions the offer: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.box.android

I got my 50GB :)

Got it aswell, very handy for me as I actually needed 41gb of cloud space for music...

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    Got it aswell, very handy for me as I actually needed 41gb of cloud space for music...

Google music.....20k tracks or something...

Advertisement