Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WSOF 15/Bellator 131

Options
  • 15-11-2014 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭

Fair amount of MMA on tonight. Just thought I'd start this thread for people to discuss these two events instead of including it in the UFC 180 thread to avoid spoilers for those who'll be watching at a later date.

Like the look of Bellator's card. Shame it's clashing with UFC 180 though.

WSOF can be viewed here http://www.nbcsports.com/

Their Twitter handle suggested that it'll work for international viewers. Starts at 2am for main card.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Really really looking forward to Brooks beating Chandler again, that one of the most pleasant upsets i watched when they first fight. Everyone expecting Chandler to steam roll him and set up Alvarez Chandler III. Soem great fights between both cards tonight will be awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Heard the Bonnar Ortiz fight will now be contested IN A SIXTEEN FOOT HIGH STEEL CAGE!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I just can't warm to King Mo whatsoever. Can't recall ever really enjoying any of his fights.

what time is Bonnar/Ortiz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

How would we be watching bellator tonight lads? :)

edit - found it :D took to page 3 on google!!

• Advertisement

Wow. Manhoef was really exposed there. Huge KO.

WILL BROOKS!!!! Yusss. Now come on Tito. Bring my treble home.

What was Bonnar's walkout? Utter nonsense.

Can some PM me a stream?

Tito/Bonnar is fairly depressing to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Big time, fairly tame and im shocked how little Bonnar is bringing to it

Edit: Ha tito classy as ever there at the end

I feel sorry for the decent fighters in Bellator watching these idiots after the masked man incident, and they go out and fight like that, Bonnar in particular, Better standard in the Cage Warriors earlier on.

Boom. Treble lands.

Real classy Tito. How in gods name did Bonnar think he won that? I only seen the second and third it was enough. Bonnar acting like a tool when the decision is announced then.

Pair of clowns.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

This whole thing is a joke, its like a bad WWE fued. Tito has absolutely no class and both of them should have packed it in long ago.

Jesus, please do the right thing Bellator and don't let there be a rematch.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Jesus, please do the right thing Bellator and don't let there be a rematch.

They should throw Mayhem Miller in there for a triple threat.

The best thing other than my man Will Brooks winning was Melvin losing after all the smack talk he was giving about being an A league fighter in a B league, so satisfying.

What a joke that headline fight was. It made the whole event into a farce IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

ASOT wrote: »
    The best thing other than my man Will Brooks winning was Melvin losing after all the smack talk he was giving about being an A league fighter in a B league, so satisfying.

To be fair to him round 1 was going kind of his way , then boom :pac:

• Advertisement

Bonnars last suprise must have been me bought off a judge. The decision went in the same direction as the fight, a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

A title fight on the card and these two get to main event, absolute joke. Enjoyed the Chandler V Brookes fight. Beautiful K.O by Joe Schilling, fotn for me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

The worst part is the money they got for it compared to everyone else. I dont even honestly know if I believe the reported payroll as some of the payments are ridiculously low

Tito got 300k for his win, jusr a little under what it cost to pay the ENTIRE rest of the fighters. Disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ASOT wrote: »
    Tito got 300k for his win, jusr a little under what it cost to pay the ENTIRE rest of the fighters. Disgraceful.

Tito probably brought in a little less PPV buys than the entire rest of the card.
    While its unfortunate, its a reality.

Mellor wrote: »
    Tito probably brought in a little less PPV buys than the entire rest of the card.
    Was it on PPV though? I thought I read somewhere it was on cable

I dont even honestly know if I believe the reported payroll as some of the payments are ridiculously low

Yeah I read about 650k in total with Titio getting 300k of that himself!
    I thought they said during the broadcast it was on spike tv? I may have picked that up wrong.

Does anyone have the fight downloaded/taped(does this still exist?lol), I was watching on a stream the other night so it wasn't very clear(like my head at 5:30am!) but were Tito & Stephan talking to get other coming upto end of Rd1? I thought so at the time. When the bell rang they got up and had another "scuffle"...just thinking back now they might have arranged to have an altercation after the round

Mellor wrote: »

It was on Spike so i assume thats no PPV im not familier with it tbh but it peaked at 2m viewers for there fight which is a good draw, still didnt deserve the 300k mad money.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭osl

MMA fans are so obsessed with fighter pay, seemingly without any knowledge about the economics of running a promotion (or at least I rarely see anything referencing them). Tito got what he could get and, even though a lot of the build up was comical, he sold the crap out of the fight. Fair play to him. It was the highest rated event in Bellator history apparently. That is Tito's doing. All the other fighters negotiated contracts as well and agreed to them. As far as profile goes, Tito dwarfs everyone on that card. Will Brooks got 1/5 of what Tito got and Bonnar got 1/3 of what he got. They may well have been overpaid in comparison to Tito, certainly not underpaid

• Advertisement

osl wrote: »
    MMA fans are so obsessed with fighter pay, seemingly without any knowledge about the economics of running a promotion (or at least I rarely see anything referencing them). Tito got what he could get and, even though a lot of the build up was comical, he sold the crap out of the fight. Fair play to him. It was the highest rated event in Bellator history apparently. That is Tito's doing. All the other fighters negotiated contracts as well and agreed to them. As far as profile goes, Tito dwarfs everyone on that card. Will Brooks got 1/5 of what Tito got and Bonnar got 1/3 of what he got. They may well have been overpaid in comparison to Tito, certainly not underpaid
    The ratings were very good alright at least, but I dont think it's wrong to question such large sums of money being spent, no one wants to see Bellator go bust

Advertisement