Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mad nights that you had

Options
  • 14-10-2012 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever go out for a few drinks and end up in a complete mad situation?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

No. Nobody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

This one time... No. No, nothing happened actually. Never mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

statute of limitations has not quite passed yet, so have to say no ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

They made a film about that. Then they made the same film again. Everyone noticed. The end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

I remember once we had a second beer shandy... just for the hell of it!

Sheer madness :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,124 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Yep. But honestly although I might have ended up in random locations (sligo, cork, holyhead) those particular stories are ****e.

The nights I got drunk and stayed in one place were always more fun/interesting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

This one time, I left crumbs in the butter.
    I had the fear next day about it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Yeah, the Hangover was based on a stag I went on.

Though the scriptwriters had to tone it down a bit. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Tweedle Dumb

yeah. we headed out for a few quiet drinks, ended up in a completely mad situation, ya had to be there. mad twas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Went for a 'quiet drink' with a mate at about 9pm. He bet me a drink I couldn't get two girls over to join us, so I did. Then my mate's boss turns up and gets us all a taxi to a club. Go back to the girls' room for hours, until I realise I'm getting nothing. Got back to my flat at about half 7 the next morning, pissed as a fart and stoned as an adulterous muslim woman.

In Cavan back in August, I was helping out at a concert which didn't have a bar, so I'd spent the whole day dry, which I wasn't happy about. Went back to my mates afterwards, popped into Supervalu to get a few cans, but saw some wine on offer. 2 bottles of wine later, I'd gone to a club on the main st, chased people, cried, sang, repeatedly told my mates I loved them. Got back to the house, got ridiculously sick everywhere without even noticing. I've only just made up with one of my mates...

Obviously there was last week when I went to a mate's for a quiet pre-drink and ended up in A&E...

Probably for the best I'm not drinking at the moment. Actually there's lots of stuff I've tried my best to block out. I can't really do one or two pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

brummytom wrote: »
    Went for a 'quiet drink' with a mate at about 9pm. He bet me a drink I couldn't get two girls over to join us, so I did. Then my mate's boss turns up and gets us all a taxi to a club. Go back to the girls' room for hours, until I realise I'm getting nothing. Got back to my flat at about half 7 the next morning, pissed as a fart and stoned as an adulterous muslim woman.

In Cavan back in August, I was helping out at a concert which didn't have a bar, so I'd spent the whole day dry, which I wasn't happy about. Went back to my mates afterwards, popped into Supervalu to get a few cans, but saw some wine on offer. 2 bottles of wine later, I'd gone to a club on the main st, chased people, cried, sang, repeatedly told my mates I loved them. Got back to the house, got ridiculously sick everywhere without even noticing. I've only just made up with one of my mates...

Obviously there was last week when I went to a mate's for a quiet pre-drink and ended up in A&E...

Probably for the best I'm not drinking at the moment. Actually there's lots of stuff I've tried my best to block out. I can't really do one or two pints.

Mad stuff. How are you still alive???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

MadsL wrote: »
    Mad stuff. How are you still alive???
    Lowest form of wit :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

sure it was a great laugh altogether

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Highest form of intelligence.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

Went out drinking. Came back to hotel at about 10am, woke up the next morning, diarrhoea all over the sheets

2 nights later, meet some girl, gives me some meth, we sit in hotel for a few hours, she freaks out at 6 am, starts throwing **** at me, steals my shoes, tells me shes calling the cops on me and planted meth in my room. spend the next 2 hours looking for it everywhere, sure the police are on the way. Start noticing 2 people in sunglasses outside my room so i start freaking out, can hear clicking sounds when i stand at the window which i assume to be police taking photos. Get the notion there is hidden police cameras in the lights so start talking to the lights for about half an hour while i clean the room and make sure theres no drugs there. walk outside and expect a swat team to dive on me, but alas just the hotel manager having a drink and says hello real casual.

i really liked those shoes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I'm always wary of the adjective "Mad" when applied to people. Usually when you are told about someone's mate who is "a mad bloke altogether" he's usually some arsehole who can't hold his drink and then you wake up at 3am to find him pissing in your wardrobe or trying to grope your girlfriend. [And yes, apt username is apt.]

As for stories of mad nights, I'll at least tell a story...

I was running a bar in Prague when Michael Jackson announced his world tour by erecting huge statues of himself in various cities. He stupidly erected the one in Prague on a massive platform left by the blowing up of the massive statue of Stalin that used to overlook the Vltava River and the city center of Prague. Something of a cultural faux pas I guess equivalent to Gordon Ramsey re-erecting Nelson's Coumn to publicise his new restaurant.

My boss and his buddy were livid at Jackson for his cultural insensitivity and the sense of outrage grew propotionate to the alcohol I was serving them. Finally my boss jumps up, runs off and comes back with a saw. Vowing to return with the head of Michael Jackson (statue that is) he and his buddy stagger off drunk in the direction of the river...

My feeling is that a "Mad Night" should have a clearly defined mission, getting drunk or otherwise f*cked up and attempting the said mission only adding to the cool factor. Otherwise your "mad night" is simply a collection of randomness whilst drunk.

To give a final story, I remember going to the farewell party of an American trustafarian who had lived in Prague for a summer. As he first took and then handed out Acid to everyone he announced he was going to meet Vaclav Havel, the President of the Czech Republic that night. We asked did he have an appointment, and he replied no, but he had a mission, and would not fail and had but one night left to complete his mission. He disappeared into the night...

Now, I'll tell you how these stories end if you ever buy me a drink, but
    TL;DR
    mad nights are made through force of character, not through quantity of drink.

Let the Cool Story, Bro dissing commence :)

Yea, usually as a result of pills.. Kind of scary the houses and places you end up in at 6am because it's a great idea to take more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 806 ✭✭✭getzls

Ended up with a Peeler firing two shots at me, missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Once went out for a quiet few drinks on a Friday night and came home home on Tuesday........ There was a lot of good drugs involved!=-O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Went out for a few pints on a thursday, woke up in Barcelona the next day. It was my girlfriends birthday that day. That was a fun phone call i had to make, explaining i was in Spain and i wouldn't make her birthday party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

No. Nobody.

Very true.

No, Lee Evans is the lowest form of wit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

St.Spodo wrote: »
    They made a film about that. Then they made the same film again. Everyone noticed. The end.
    And believe it or not, there's a turd third on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

I once had an absolutely mad night out which involved loads of footballers and politicians who shall remain nameless. Something really incredibly interesting happened which I cannot expand upon due to an ongoing situation which some people are aware of and is really quite fascinating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Plenty of storied...

Just not boards friendly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

I once had an absolutely mad night out which involved loads of footballers and politicians who shall remain nameless. Something really incredibly interesting happened which I cannot expand upon due to an ongoing situation which some people are aware of and is really quite fascinating.

Hi Biggins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

:mad:

The infamous Brummytom, he who we have willed to lose our collective virginities, was in Cavan for "De Fleadh" and I didn't know!

Damn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Once during my Erasmus year, went to a mate's for a few quiet ones. By 7am we had ended up at the other side of the city trying to find some imaginary bar. Led by a hairy Greek man in tights playing a lute.
    That was pretty rad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

The Cool wrote: »
    Once during my Erasmus year, went to a mate's for a few quiet ones. By 7am we had ended up at the other side of the city trying to find some imaginary bar. Led by a hairy Greek man in tights playing a lute.
    That was pretty rad.

What is an Erasmus year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Studying abroad, most often done as part of a language degree, mine was in Spain. Cue all kinds of "my mammy and daddy are in another country" madness

Advertisement