Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

wedding coming up

• 12-10-2008 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

not mine- thankfully! lol!!my brothers to a lovely girl! she's sound,.
    first wedding in family so its great.. only thing that worried me a tad was my parents (divorced) being there, live on opposite ends of country,, dont speak. apart from thru solicitor (that kinda situation!!!)
    I've always lived with jst our mum. then my dad announced his engagement 4 months ago.. to a woman iv met 2ce,..
    and then found out few wks ago, she's invited to wedding. he never played any part in our growing up etc.. Ever.. except my bro oldest so thats why theyre closer etc.. so kinda annoyed about him taking her..
    yes i have issues with this obviously..
    it wont be exactly possible to avoid her on day.. so ..
    just had to vent that. :D
    also ha, i'm single Again, and was thinking of inviting a guy friend (i kinda like) to the wedding but chickened out cos (a) thought he'd not get it off work and also thought he'd get wrong idea.. (cos he's not interested and didnt wanna ruin a perfectly good friendship!)
    stupid cos mentioned it since and he practically said he woulda came! doh!!

Comments

Totally ask the guy friend!!!......leave it up to him to make a move though.
    I've been at weddings with a similar situation. People did their best to avoid each other.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,273 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

grumpyno2 wrote: »
    not mine- thankfully! lol!!my brothers to a lovely girl! she's sound,.
    first wedding in family so its great.. only thing that worried me a tad was my parents (divorced) being there, live on opposite ends of country,, dont speak. apart from thru solicitor (that kinda situation!!!)
    I've always lived with jst our mum. then my dad announced his engagement 4 months ago.. to a woman iv met 2ce,..
    and then found out few wks ago, she's invited to wedding. he never played any part in our growing up etc.. Ever.. except my bro oldest so thats why theyre closer etc.. so kinda annoyed about him taking her..
    yes i have issues with this obviously..
    it wont be exactly possible to avoid her on day.. so ..
    just had to vent that. :D
    also ha, i'm single Again, and was thinking of inviting a guy friend (i kinda like) to the wedding but chickened out cos (a) thought he'd not get it off work and also thought he'd get wrong idea.. (cos he's not interested and didnt wanna ruin a perfectly good friendship!)
    stupid cos mentioned it since and he practically said he woulda came! doh!!

Sorry, was there a question in there somewhere or would you just like me to lock this now?

Advertisement