Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Galway - Limerick train?

Options
  • 22-11-2014 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

Hi I tried ringing Iaranroad Eireann, but not working today apparently. How much does Limerick-Galway not same day return, with a student card cost? I know it's slow but I think it might be cheaper than the bus, esp with a student card.

It's a pretty slow and very infrequent service overall, would be surprised if it's still in existence in 5 years time, but it could suit me next week :)

Thanks in advance

Sarah :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

Student return is always a monthly return, isn't it?

Think it was ~€9 back in July anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

A student month return for Galway - Limerick works out at €13 with the offer Bus Eireann are running online with BÉClub. For the sake of €4 and quicker travel time, I think it's worth it.

Bus Éireann BÉClub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

This line is highly subsidised to encourage use. Regular might be cheaper than student. I think it was €9.99 return when I last used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭yer man!

Student is €9 return at the minute, got it a few Sunday's ago and it was full!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 The Ape

Student return is 9 euro and a single ticket is 6 euro. Its not actually as long as you would think either, its only about 20-30 minutes slower than the bus but a lot more comfortable!

• Advertisement
Advertisement