Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Paddy Holohan...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

The prelims start at 1 on BT sport.

I presume he'd be on that right?

Yeah, he's due on first on BT i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Won't be at 1 the first 2 fights kicking off the card commence at 1. The pre-lims with Paddy most likely at 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Won't be at 1 the first 2 fights kicking off the card commence at 1. The pre-lims with Paddy most likely at 2.

Paddys fight will be at 1. The exclusive prelims just started and there's two of those. So paddys fight is the first on the prelim which will be roughly around 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Paddys fight will be at 1. The exclusive prelims just started and there's two of those. So paddys fight is the first on the prelim which will be roughly around 1.

Oh silly me time to boot up Fight Pass make more use of this free trial!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Keladis (?) surprised everyone there I think... Paddy showed real heart but that was a war and Keladis grew in confidence as it went on.... great ground fights with both of them showing terrific skills on the ground... I was sure Paddy had it when he took his back in round 2 and was sure he was going to lose it when he got mounted but neither came to be! Its a real pity he came up against a very talented new comer but great fight and great heart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,998 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

DeVore wrote: »
    Keladis (?) surprised everyone there I think... Paddy showed real heart but that was a war and Keladis grew in confidence as it went on.... great ground fights with both of them showing terrific skills on the ground... I was sure Paddy had it when he took his back in round 2 and was sure he was going to lose it when he got mounted but neither came to be! Its a real pity he came up against a very talented new comer but great fight and great heart.

Paddy grappled well in the first, but he made some pretty poor mistakes on the ground as he tired. (Easy guard pass and straight to mount)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Gutted for Paddy but he will certainly learn from that experience. That was an absolute war for 3 rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

That was sensational to watch! Thought Paddy has the choke to end it. The Canadian looked huge in the fight, especially when up close in Paddy's guard. Can't wait to see the Hooligan back in action!

Side note: The phantom stool strikes again! :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

ARTEM!!! **STOOOOOOL***

You really don't want to get on the wrong side of Ais! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Looked like a pretty big weight difference to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,471 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hey Lads if anyone has a link to the fight could you pm me please? Would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

Did an interview with Paddy for the UCD College Tribune.. check it out here

http://collegetribune.ie/its-a-hooligan-party-and-everyone-is-invited-andrew-cowan-sits-down-with-paddy-holohan/

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭peege

Why does he run like a gimp around the ring when he enters? His running technique is fair gammy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

peege wrote: »
    Why does he run like a gimp around the ring when he enters? His running technique is fair gammy.

If he carries on the way he's going I don't give a crap if he runs like my grandad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

His... running... technique...

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

ah, now i get it, His MMA career is just to help him with his running ambitions of one day running for Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

He's opening up an SBG in Tallaght which is a great move by him I think. Great coach as well as a great fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭peege

MagicIRL wrote: »
    His... running... technique...

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

There is only one 'i' in right

• Registered Users Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Vim Fuego wrote: »
    He's opening up an SBG in Tallaght which is a great move by him I think. Great coach as well as a great fighter.

Ye but can he run? He may as well call it quits

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Ye but can he run? He may as well call it quits

he used to run around tallaght stadium

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Its still ahead of your trolling technique...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

There is only one 'i' in right

Mod: Here's your one and only warning. If you only came here to troll, I'd reconsider it because you will be banned if you keep it up.
    If you want to have an intelligent discussion then by all means, go right ahead.
    Fair warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

Really like that interview, his attitude comes across so well. Hope it goes great for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Always comes across as a cracking bloke does Paddy.

Paddy's a really nice guy. I always enjoy watching him fight. Great character to have in the sport.

He fought on Cage Contender often and I met him a few times after fights. I used to joke with him that he must be late for a bus because he finished fights in round one! Genuinely nice guy, always polite.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Petermc83

its great to see Dethrone have given Paddy his own range of t-shirts too...

what does everyone think of them??

Think ill be buying one or two of them!

Petermc83 wrote: »
    its great to see Dethrone have given Paddy his own range of t-shirts too...

what does everyone think of them??

Think ill be buying one or two of them!

Really like the Guinness style one. Great design.

• Advertisement

does anyone know if they put an indoor running track in the gym in Tallaght ?

:D

Advertisement