Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for advice on selling MTB

Options
  • 13-06-2014 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I received a mountain bike as a gift a couple of years ago, as far as I'm aware it was reasonably expensive at the time. I was very into cross country biking for a few months but my knowledge of the bikes themselves is very minimal.

I'm moving abroad pretty soon so I was looking into selling the bike, but I don't want to be ripped off when I sell it. So I'd really appreciate someone giving me a rough idea of what it might be worth. I can't post pictures because I'm a new user, so if you think you can help me, send me a PM and I'll get you some pictures and any other info you need.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭fat bloke

How will you know if the person pm'ing you that the bike is worth 50 quid at most and can collect it this evening isn't ripping you off? :D

The manufacturer name and model, all usually marked clearly on the frame would be enough for most on here to give you a valuation if you just post it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JCmanu

That is a good point, although I wouldn't be intending to sell it to anyone how makes an offer here. I'm pretty sure the front forks are worth over €100. But anyway, thanks for your input.

The specs on the bike are as follows:

Kinesis Maxlight XC Pro2
    RockShox Reba forks
    Mavic 717 Wheels

There's a few other bits obviously, but I don't really know what I'm looking for. I just cycled the thing :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭easygoing39

I wouldn't give you more than €300,youre frame/fork and wheels are above avg,but nothing special really.And we,ve no idea of drivetrain/brakes or finishing kit.

I wouldn't give you more than €300,youre frame/fork and wheels are above avg,but nothing special really.And we,ve no idea of drivetrain/brakes or finishing kit.

I very much appreciate the input. How can I find out more information on the parts so I can get a better idea if it's worth more than the 300 or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭easygoing39

@ JCm,just look at the parts on youre bike,read the name off them and post it up here.We will also need to know the year the parts were made.Post up the part numbers which are on the back off every component on youre bike.

• Advertisement

OK so I've worked out a few more parts. It's tough when I don't really know what I'm looking for :-/

Sram X-7 front derailleur and X-9 rear derailleur
    Brakes are hope. Can't work out exactly which ones but the front have the numbers 03-05 and the rear has 02-06 :-/
    There's a Cane Creek headset, again I can't work out which one.
    Easton EA50 handlebar
    Shimano deore M525

Hope that helps

Anywhere else I can look for part numbers etc?

Advertisement