Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"You need permission from everyone to make changes to this folder" AH!

• 10-05-2011 6:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

Hello, can somebody please help me! I am trying to move a file from a mounted image via Daemon Tools. It is an ISO in "drive K".

I have Windows 7 and have tried to move it but I just can't. I have went into "C:/users/CorkMan" and security, edit, owners and switched owner from administrator (even though I am the administrator) to my ordinary account, but still no luck. I have went into "Properties, advanced sharing" and gave my account full access to everything but I still can't move to file.

Does anyone have a solution? It is annoying, I am the administrator and feel I should be able to move the file. It is not a very vital file.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Why are you trying to move something from an image? The whole point of ISO files is that they're images of read only discs...
    If you open the iso file with Winrar, you might be able to delete the file beforehand, but you simply won't be able to do it if the disc is mounted with Daemon Tools

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

But you can copy files from an image to your HD which is what im guessing Corkman is trying to do.

You could try they regfix CorkMan:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/

It adds a right click "Take Ownership" to explorer...

Also have you tried simply rebooting, i found on the rare occasion windows gets confuzzled and fires that error at me and I found after much frustration that rebooting and trying again was all that was required.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Windows has trouble moving, copying deleting files when they are in use.

Try using WinRAR to extract the image to a folder of the same name as image, then copy/move/delete the files

Advertisement