Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Alberto Del Rio

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

The booking of him for some time now has been woeful they wanted him on Raw but then didn't know what to do with him at all. Even when he won the rumble a lot of shine was taken when they had that farsical moment with lower card comedy act Santino.He should of beaten Edge at Mania too after losing to Christian constantly. As for the Armbar its more than a good enough finisher its just that there should be more of a struggle to stop him sinking it in rather than a Wrestler getting to the ropes all the while the armbar is locked in.It should be looked at as a dangerous move that wrestlers don't want to be put in(it kayfabe injured Christian & Mysterio).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

ADR won the Royal Rumble; and is featured every week; so you'd assume he's getting something on the level of a Sheamus push. He seems to be getting closer to a 'Swagger push' but without getting the title first!

If you're feuding with Big Show or Kane, you know you're an afterthought. Their singles careers have meant nothing for over half a decade.

Definitely a point though, Truth is at the top heel spot right now. It was out of nowhere; and that doesn't mean that ADR can't be focused on either. Maybe it's because there's only 2 faces on RAW and he's already wrestled Mysterio too many times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Del Rio is grand. A month or two in a feud with Big Show won't do him any harm. He'll likely win MITB and be WWE Champion by the end of the year, if not sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

Hes a top heel on Raw,one feud that makes him look half decent could easily push him up to the top spot imo,Especially if Punk is on his way out.Can see mofo v Truth and Cena v ADR at Summerslam.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,967 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

Earlier this year before Alberto Del Rio returned from injury, it was reported that Vince McMahon wanted to bring Del Rio back as a more aggressive heel.
    WWE recently pulled the trigger on those plans and the idea going forward is that Del Rio will be more ruthless. Del Rio's recent attacks on Sheamus and Sin Cara are part of his new mean streak.
    Del Rio is expected to win the World Heavyweight Title sometime this year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

WWE badly needs* aggressive, dangerous heels so hopefully this is for real.

Mark Henry (imo) was the best Heel WWE had since Orton when he was on a rampage.

*When its is not Big Show squashing people. Big difference between aggressive plus dangerous and squashing everyone with a stupid looking Punch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Man I hope they keep him with a sense of humor as well though. I think he's amazing on the microphone. He really is the highlight of the shows each week for me. They should've had him chop down CM Punk as I thought Bryan could've gotten more out of Sheamus for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Don't think he's anything special on the mic to be honest. He's alright, but a bit tedious.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

You can't really just say "more aggressive", like his character can't act it, he has to be it. And not just booked in spots to be aggressive - that'll die out within months. Like Benoit was always a tenacious performer, regardless of how he was booked. Del Rio is not. I'd say work on his character - he's barely keeping above water with his nothing puff-pieces at the moment. But sticking with things isn't WWE's strong point.

The bigger problem is why Del Rio was pushed to the main event so quickly. I know he cost a lot and you want immediate dividends, but unless you've proven to the fans you've earned/deserve your place, and can prove it week-in, week out, you'll die a death. ADR should be bringing up the midcard belt, not failing in the main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'd be a bit worried that the little butler guy will outshine him as well, for comedic value. They give me the same feeling that Dick Dastardly and Muttley did years ago. But Alberto should be the star, and he should go back and look at as many videos of Ted & Virgil as possible. If it ain't broke don't fix it (maybe they should've realised that Lex Luger's blueprint was broken before they tried giving it to Chris Masters that time).

• Advertisement
Advertisement