Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[FEEDBACK] any suggestions on how to improve the forum? post them here.

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ShadowFox

matty1994 wrote: »
    A boards app would be great, would find it alot easier and more convenient, just a thought because adverts have an app
    +1 for an app

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

An app would certainly be nice, would make things far easier but that would be down to whoever is in charge of boards.ie and not just the airsoft forum......but +1 on getting an app anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭matty1994

An app would certainly be nice, would make things far easier but that would be down to whoever is in charge of boards.ie and not just the airsoft forum......but +1 on getting an app anyway.

Well i find it odd that they have an app for adverts.ie, and not for boards as they are the same company, + it would be a popular app due to the fact most people these days have smartphone and that boards is one if not thee most popular forum website in ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Eoghan S

I did actually hear that an app was being made for boards, but I may be wrong here!
    Can't remember where, but I certainly heard something of it, practically praying that it's true :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

Here is an Unofficial Boards.ie App for Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ie.coconnor.boardsie&hl=en

Have not use it myself and I'm not sure if there is an app for iOS, as I'm not an Apple Fan :P

Hope this helps and is allowed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭matty1994

S.E.A.L.s wrote: »
    Here is an Unofficial Boards.ie App for Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ie.coconnor.boardsie&hl=en

Have not use it myself and I'm not sure if there is an app for iOS, as I'm not an Apple Fan :P

Hope this helps and is allowed :)

Ive tried that app before and all it is, is a browser that brings you to the mobile version of boards

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Guys, keep an eye on / post in the site dev forum for a boards app: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=228

Sorry, nowt I can do there much as I'd like to :D

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

I generally don't complain about Modding practices and I try obey the rules, but when one poster is banned for a rule infringement in Airsoft Adverts but another poster breaks the same rule but the infringement is ignored because the item is purchased by a Mod (who "probably" knows that the item is offered elsewhere), it shows a need for a rule change/adjustment. I do not have an issue with the seller or the Mod, it is just an example of how the rule is uninforcable without putting a massive workload onto the Mods, the rule in question being items cannot be offered on other sites as well as Boards.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi,

The rule has two parts:

1. selling elsewhere - this means completing a sale, not advertising. We (mods) can't watch the entire internet for people listing stuff elsewhere. If they SELL elsewhere (subject to part 2) then it's a rule breach unless they promptly withdraw the item from boards.

2. active interest - this qualifies part 1 above in that if nobody is interested (i.e. making offers) then if they sell elsewhere then fine.

The rule is basically to stop people on boards getting f**ked over and to stop people saying that they have a better offer on some other site in order to boost their offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

Two words should be banned from the Airsoft Adverts Section. "BRAND NEW" If it is being sold here, then it can't be BRAND NEW because once it leaves the retailer it is no longer BRAND NEW and retailers can't sell here. Advertising something as "BRAND NEW, only 6 months old, but never used" is a lie/false advertising plus 6 months of the warrenty has been used up. Once an item has been sold by the retailer, it is now SECOND HAND and should be advertised as such.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

Pic should be a must in the post.If u don't have a pic of the actual item when posting u don't post.This will stop the post being bumped up just to ask the seller for pics.When i say actual item i mean the item your selling not a pic from the net linked in as this is not the item being sold and can be deceiving as the actual item is going to be used and maybe modified.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭pah

Any chance we could add a rule to the adverts?

Post your location, county at least or town/city if you like.

It avoids the inevitable "where are you based" question.

It's already there in the suggested format:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79685021&postcount=2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭pah

Steve wrote: »

thanks didn't realise, most ads don't seem to include it

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭gitzer1980

Maybe a heading on your add that says splitting and non splitting. People are always asking are they splitting what there selling. And dont know if it was mentioned but maybe a side bar with a price range in products for eg. e0-e5 e5-e10 10to 20 etc up getting a larger range like 50 to 100 100to200 and in brackets how many people are selling in each range

Advertisement