Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chemicals Brothers

• 07-03-2005 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭

So who's going to this ?

Seen them at witnness a few years ago and they were brillant. They played just before the prodigy that year. The crowd went so mad for the chemical's no one had the energy left for the prodigy :)

Mad that tickets were on sale for so long and no one seemed interested. New album came out and standing tickets were sold out in next to no time ..... I am sure Radio one's endless play of Galvanize has helped alot.

Really can't wait should be a great night and then have paddy's day to follow :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

tis gonna be a mad few days i tell u..exams what exams...?study what study....?wow have i been waiting for these super * djs for sometime...hurrah, not too sure about the secret machines tho, i liked no where again, but the rest of the album was a little like an empty tin of pears, lacking lustr.....anyway bring out the glow sticks, wooo.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭miss serena

Defo looking forward to this one! Marks the start of the Paddy's weekend (/week) celebrations. Except Jimmy Eat World is playing in The Olympia the night before. Hmmm, will I, won't I...

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭DArcy

This gig should be excellent - strange that tickets sales were so slow at the beginning.

Secret Machines are exactly who I would've chosen as a warm up for the Bros, but thems the breaks.

Roll on the glow sticks & sweat!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Whats the story with the time it's on at? The doors open at 6.30pm? What time will they be on stage at? There is only seating tickets left, what the chance of buying a seating ticket and being allowed onto the main floor, Ive about 20 mates going and they have floor tickets?

Sean.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Last time i was at something like this they had very strick controls on what tickets you had for access to different areas.
    If i was you i would start trying to get a standing ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭DArcy

what the chance of buying a seating ticket and being allowed onto the main floor, Ive about 20 mates going and they have floor tickets?

Get your mates to go on into the standing area (they'll prolly get wrist bands). Hopefully the wrist bands will be loose enough for one of your mates to slide it off. Then another of your mates can stick it in his pocket, come out & give it to you & you'll get in with it. It's worth a try...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mrs_Robinson

I HATE EVERY1 WHOS GOIN TO SEE EM!!!!!
    i cudnt get standing tickets so no point on goin!!!
    PPPPPPPPPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

Bringing the girlfriend to this. Not _that_ into them but interested to see live again I guess.

But after seeing you people post above, I'm flipping dreading it now :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭clairey

Whats the story with the time it's on at? The doors open at 6.30pm? What time will they be on stage at? There is only seating tickets left, what the chance of buying a seating ticket and being allowed onto the main floor, Ive about 20 mates going and they have floor tickets?

Sean.

When your going through to standing they just check your tickets, theres no wristbands or anything, so get your friends to go in come back out and give you a standing ticket, works every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

we have 9 [3standing 6 sitting] but 3people cant go so ill have 3 for sale next week not sure which ones we are selling yet.they will be at face value

• Advertisement

Anyone know who is supporting them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭Alkers

What you guys reckon? There were three of us - all seated but we managed to get into standing no hassle. Got someone to give a pass-back of a ticket and the three of us got in on that. One after the other - dodgy but it worked. Thought it was an amazing gig. The clown :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

I was in the pit leaning on the railings, dead centre stage... Savage night - the VJ'ing and the lights were sensational and the crowd were loving it... My only major problem is they didn't play either "Let Forever Be" or "The Test" but it was a great first time seeing them live.
    Electric City weren't too bad as the support act, kinda like the Flaming Lips. Friend of mine got the broken drumstick at the end as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭Alkers

I missed most of the support act. Managed to slink up to almost the front of the second section of crowd. Would have liked to hear "it began in Africa" but it was still the best gig I've been to. Opening with "Hey Boy Hey Girl" was deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

Absolutely savage night. Saw them last time in the point and it was quite poor, this was a far better show. Much more up beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Had been meaning to get tickets for it, but birthday-related stuff took priority.

I had rabbit and venison instead of going to the gig. I'm happy enough :)

I'm interested to know how Zyox got on though, could you resist the beats?

Chemicals were great that night in both sense's of the word :) Great gig and thank god just made the opening song .......

SyxPak wrote:
    Had been meaning to get tickets for it, but birthday-related stuff took priority.

I had rabbit and venison instead of going to the gig. I'm happy enough :)

I'm interested to know how Zyox got on though, could you resist the beats?

The girlfriend loved and yes I might have dug some beats :P
    Support were really really bad, we walked out once they started.
    We were dead centre in the pit, 2nd row, so great position and the music... Well yes it was good :) But I failed to get really excited or into it, it just felt like they were pressing play.

That and that stupid no-one under 21 gets served nonsense. I couldn't even get pissed to enjoy it :)

edit: and oh my jesus, the ecstacy everywhere. one thing that made up for it was watching people come up, especially the high population of scumbags, and seeing them make utter fools of themselves.

i taught it was ok, i enjoyed them better at oxegen last year.the crowed didnt seem to go that mad. But i was up on the balconey. Some of there new songs were class live. They finished very early, 11.10. and the support was crap . it wasnt worth the hassle traveling up from limerick ,dont think ill be doing it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

irishguy wrote:
    ...the crowed didnt seem to go that mad. But i was up on the balconey...

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

ya i know i was in the wrong place [it wasnt in the seating area it was a dance floor up the very top] i was also downstairs for a bit also. I just think festivals are better places to see groups perform live, esp if you have to travel to seem them

irishguy wrote:
    I just think festivals are better places to see groups perform live, esp if you have to travel to seem them

I can't think of any words that would convey how retarded that is :(
    Try and get me on it instead.

i dont follow you....
    what i ment ,its better to go to a festival such as oxegen to see an artist than it is to travel to dublin [from limerick] to see them , with all the hassle and extra cost it just take away from the experience. If different if you live in Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 trebor81

Have to say I was slightly disappointed. The sound/light systems were amazing, but I found the gig hard to get into. I actually preferred the 2nd half when they played less known tracks - it created a cool club atmosphere.

I think I'd like to see them in a more intimate venue than the Point to experience them properly. Not a bad night though...

irishguy wrote:
    i dont follow you....
    what i ment ,its better to go to a festival such as oxegen to see an artist than it is to travel to dublin [from limerick] to see them , with all the hassle and extra cost it just take away from the experience. If different if you live in Dublin

I took that you meant you would rather see someone at a festival rather than a proper Dublin venue. Which is quite a crazy thing to say. Unless you're one of these Creamfields people or whateverthefark.

But traveling, I'd do that to see someone good in a good venue. So long as it wasn't The Point :) Hopefully that will be the last gig I go to there, despite saying that after the last one.

its just the general atmosphere is better at festivals

Advertisement