Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Becoming a Doctor

• 20-10-2014 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hello All, Since 6th Year started I've been working my tush off trying to bring up my results from summer 5th year. I've always been interested in medicine and feel like I could accomplish enough points though I feel intimated by others, My mocks will take place the first week of February...I'm not sure when the results will come out and I'm aware you have to do the Hpat in order to get into college...My question is I was basing on whether or not doing the hpat on the result of the mocks...If my mock results aren't back before the hpat can I do the Hpat later on in the year?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 IncognitoX

No, the HPAT only takes place once a year. To be honest, if you're dead set on medicine, I would focus more on HPAT preparation than the mocks in January and February. I'm not saying don't study for the mocks, but I'd prioritise the HPAT. The mocks are only a trial run to get you used to exam conditions and timing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I wouldn't suggest basing any significant decision on the results from Mocks, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LauraaWhelann

Your mock results are not often representative of your real results. I got 500 in my mocks and 595 in the real thing. Do the HPAT no matter what your mock results are if you are dead set on it. Do not be discouraged my the mock results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

I wouldn't suggest basing any significant decision on the results from Mocks, anyway.

This was your 25th thousand post, my God. :pac: Post your favourite song or something. :p

:pac:

Advertisement